Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Other team forums must be quiet šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Donā€™t know what youā€™re laughing about.
They were correct about our offer to Crighton and discussions around the young Cronulla lower grade fullback.
And you care to check on Pom history he is pretty much on the money most times.
You can only report on what you hear and most of us appreciate that rather then the usual idle ā€œsuggestionsā€ chatter that fills these pages.

Farnworth requested when he extended at the Broncos that he'd be given next pre season training at Fullback to be given a crack there. That is why people are discussing him as a fullback option. Same as Sualli, that kid ain't spending his whole career as a winger
As soon as Sualli starts out performing tedesco theyā€™ll tell tedesco he isnā€™t wanted, thatā€™s when he will want to come back to us when his career is near its end

If
we should recruit ,the old Bullfrog Moore style,target 3players in a team we need,and push 1 our way,whilst bumping up their prices,,Canberra would be a good target,IF they are having a clean out as suggested.Penrith discards,mate against mate

1 Quality Prop
1 Quality Centre
1 Quality Backrower
we would be solid for next couple years and would give time for our pathways to really kick in ,
Pretty much. We. Ain't that far away from the 7-10 spot on the ladder to be honest. Add API, Pap and the above and we will be there. Just need to sought out defence and go forward though because won't matter at all if we can't get to the red zone.

With the talk over Madges future I cannot see us signing anybody now. This is a disruption to the process and nobody is going to sign when they don't know whom will be the coach for next year.
If there is any likelihood of Madge being moved on this year, we absolutely shouldn't sign anyone. The last thing we need is a new coach trying to move 4 or 5 contracted players on.

I don't agree with sacking Madge but if we are, we need as much space as possible and we only have about 3 spots left for next year unless other players leave.

If there is any likelihood of Madge being moved on this year, we absolutely shouldn't sign anyone. The last thing we need is a new coach trying to move 4 or 5 contracted players on.

I don't agree with sacking Madge but if we are, we need as much space as possible and we only have about 3 spots left for next year unless other players leave.
I am with you, I want Madge to stay. I am sick and tired of the blame being put on the coach. We have an unbalanced roster that looks like a reserve grade side because nobody of any stature wants to come here with a continual circus over the years of swapping coaches which has made us look like a basket case.

Bit of a digression but still related to contracts, I would like to see the Club communicate to members & supporters which players are under contract to the Wests Tigers and their profiles (Top 30, Train & Trial, Jersey Flegg) and also Pathways squads (this so called Elite Development squad).

Yes if I dig around the forum and WT news articles & players section on the club website, I can piece a lot of this together but there is nothing that is simple to find. As a supporter, this information would be valuable to build that connection & following with our juniors. For example, it would be good to know if Dudley Dotoi is part of our Elite Development Squad and contracted to the Club in 2022 & 2023 - I'm just guessing that & using as an example.

If our new comms dept regime did this, they would get a big tick from me. I don't think any other Club does this either and I'm not sure why not (no privacy concerns surely).

I am with you, I want Madge to stay. I am sick and tired of the blame being put on the coach. We have an unbalanced roster that looks like a reserve grade side because nobody of any stature wants to come here with a continual circus over the years of swapping coaches which has made us look like a basket case.
However, our coach had enough time to choose/build his own team, so he must be held responsible as well..

Bit of a digression but still related to contracts, I would like to see the Club communicate to members & supporters which players are under contract to the Wests Tigers and their profiles (Top 30, Train & Trial, Jersey Flegg) and also Pathways squads (this so called Elite Development squad).

Yes if I dig around the forum and WT news articles & players section on the club website, I can piece a lot of this together but there is nothing that is simple to find. As a supporter, this information would be valuable to build that connection & following with our juniors. For example, it would be good to know if Dudley Dotoi is part of our Elite Development Squad and contracted to the Club in 2022 & 2023 - I'm just guessing that & using as an example.

If our new comms dept regime did this, they would get a big tick from me. I don't think any other Club does this either and I'm not sure why not (no privacy concerns surely).
What a commonsense solution to club/team communications.
Great work champion @BlackWhiteGold.
Please send this to the club directly - they need to be woken up.
Then come back and tell us their response.

What a commonsense solution to club/team communications.
Great work champion @BlackWhiteGold.
Please send this to the club directly - they need to be woken up.
Then come back and tell us their response.
I'll do that via the media@ email and see how we go!

Sometimes comms & content depts try to be too fancy with digital content these days and don't think of some of this common sense information that would be very popular with members, fans & media (and often stop journos making up stuff) without giving up trade secrets of Clubs.

Pretty much. We. Ain't that far away from the 7-10 spot on the ladder to be honest. Add API, Pap and the above and we will be there. Just need to sought out defence and go forward though because won't matter at all if we can't get to the red zone.
The moment we add a number 9 who gets the defence on the back foot .. our forwards will start to dominate and go forward ..which then create space for our backs .. at the moment our number 9's are just straight out "vanilla" ..

I'm looking forward (2023) to see what our pack looks like with Api, Papilli, Blore, Musgrove. Utoikamanu .. and for sure others to join the squad like Pole .. ??

1 Quality Prop
1 Quality Centre
1 Quality Backrower
we would be solid for next couple years and would give time for our pathways to really kick in ,
I'm not too familiar with some of the names (of outside backs) people have suggested but have always thought Nicoll Klokstad could be a good option for depth. Believe he's played on the wing as well as fullback and centre.
If Raiders are doing a cleanout makes sense to approach some of their players.

As soon as Sualli starts out performing tedesco theyā€™ll tell tedesco he isnā€™t wanted, thatā€™s when he will want to come back to us when his career is near its end
I though I read on the forum that Tedesco has seen that writing on the wall with Sualli replacing him and approached the Tigs to return after his Rorters contract finishes& they told him to get stuffed.

I though I read on the forum that Tedesco has seen that writing on the wall with Sualli replacing him and approached the Tigs to return after his Rorters contract finishes& they told him to get stuffed.

If that is true i am quite happy,twice he crapped on the club despite all the support he recieved when he was injured.He is the type of junior you don't want at the club poisoning the place

1 Quality Prop
1 Quality Centre
1 Quality Backrower
I am afraid that the above will not be enough, so:

1) 2 Aggressive props in the mould of JWH, Fanua-Blake, J Papalii, Haas, Fisher-Harris, Solomona
2) centres - I think with Naden, To'a, Talau etc. we have enough depth.
3) 2 aggressive 2nd rowers of A Murray, Taukeiaho, A Crichton, Butcher, Yeo type.

Back