Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Nobody is signing with us.

It's not that bad mate. We got IP and Api. I wonder how long I can keep stating that though. It must have a shelf life.

Honestly with the way Pole has come through maybe we can develop a couple more quality players. I think that is more likely that recruiting top tier talent.

Angus Crichton and Josh Curran are the two blokes I'd chase hard to complete our pack along with Papi and Api.

They are both really good but I don't think we need a lock. Joe O and then Matamua. We need edge backrowers and if you could get Crichton on a decent contract he'd be awesome.

The thing is we lack class everywhere so the club needs to be real careful about where they throw the money. You only get so many shots at big contracts for top players.

I think you might be referring to Keenan Palasia,and I have suggested him on here recently. Off contract this year, I think we should have a look at him.
Thanks 1eyed (had a few letters correct in his surname!).
Broncs have a lot of good forwards, perhaps we can pinch this young bloke.

We won't get him at 200k. His preference is Manly, who are offering 200k. Would need a significant upgrade on that to get him here.
I don't think he has lost it. He is barely on speaking terms with Arthur and his form reflects that.

Word is Manly offered him more money than Parra last year, but he didn’t want to go there and re-signed at Parra….

Odds on him going there now on peanuts are slim to none - that said, he’s getting on and if Parra win a comp this year - he won’t be there…
So that may be a factor

Word is Manly offered him more money than Parra last year, but he didn’t want to go there and re-signed at Parra….

Odds on him going there now on peanuts are slim to none - that said, he’s getting on and if Parra win a comp this year - he won’t be there…
So that may be a factor
I'd rather make Moses an obscene offer to come back to WTs. As much as I dislike him, he is a good footballer and has the footballing brains of his uncle. Make him a huge offer and be done with it.

Hat trick, two linebreaks, two linebreak assists, six tackle busts and 184 running metres - in 37 minutes on the field. We should be banging down the door to get this kid playing for our club ...
Would be an incredible addition to our pack. I have wanted him for a while now. It's simple...sign a coach and then sign this bloke. Surely his priority is to get regular NRL game time...that won't happen at Sharks and we would be a great chance for that to happen.

So much wishing and fantasy recruitment but I am starting to think no top players in their prime want to come even if money better
Pascoe you have presided over a club who's image has gone so far backwards we struggle to recruit . You have no idea we need ONE CLUB ,ONE HOME GROUND , and Wests Tigers is our team in NRL,CUP,FLEGG ETC
Look at Parramatta set-up great home ground leagues club next door
You see similar set up for Penrith,Sharks, .we must improve our image as a club on the rise or we will play into NRLhands who probably don't want an odd number of clubs anyway

Would be an incredible addition to our pack. I have wanted him for a while now. It's simple...sign a coach and then sign this bloke. Surely his priority is to get regular NRL game time...that won't happen at Sharks and we would be a great chance for that to happen.

Likewise...agree with you man, we
need to stop pussyfootin' around!

Hat trick, two linebreaks, two linebreak assists, six tackle busts and 184 running metres - in 37 minutes on the field. We should be banging down the door to get this kid playing for our club ...

Wonder how he's defence goes?

So that may be a factor
This is true. At the time he didn't want to leave his teammates but his relationship with Arthur is now such that he won't be at Eels next year.
Manly still have an interest in him but don't have cap space for a bigger offer.
He still wants to go to Manly, due to being close to the Trbojevics but given their small offer is looking at other options first.

Back