Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tim one thing can't wait we need to kick a few goals in the recruitment area just like the surprise Naden deal .Our main issue is the roster and the image that players are jumping ship .Hastings interview pointing out that he had never played lock before but he'll do whatever is best for team didn't fill me with confidence
Add Mikhalae,Luciano,Kelma,Garner,and the Papalii rumours which I assume are just that .We are losing momentum and some well targeted recruitments might turn that momentum SURPRISE US!

Hastings playing lock, with his handshake tweet as well as the rumoured dogs deal screams he is leaving this season.
I hope we hang onto him and not let him go early to a team that we are competing with like Dog or Knights.

I just don't want brooks in our future plans and with this smoke around of Moses as much as I hate him him and AD would be very good if we lose Hastings.

Why wouldn't Hastings look around, if he is being pushed to lock so Brooks can play halfback, I would want out too. Every man and his dog knows Brooks has had 9 seasons to show his wares, and has failed, stop doing the same crap over and over adnauseam, hoping for a different result
With Reece Walsh going to play in the halves at broncos id make a play for gamble to come back. He has improved every game and has potential . Why we keep sticking with brooks who has shown that he doesn’t have it is bewildering. I will stil say if brooks is in this team we will never play finals no matter who is coach or who we sign.

With Reece Walsh going to play in the halves at broncos id make a play for gamble to come back. He has improved every game and has potential . Why we keep sticking with brooks who has shown that he doesn’t have it is bewildering. I will stil say if brooks is in this team we will never play finals no matter who is coach or who we sign.
My take is that Brooks will not be in the team in 2-3 years time, and we already have experienced halves and a new crop of talented halves coming through who Sheens has pegged for First Grade.

Our focus needs to be on centres and experienced hard forwards that can defend and have a quick play the ball.

I hope we hang onto him and not let him go early to a team that we are competing with like Dog or Knights.

I just don't want brooks in our future plans and with this smoke around of Moses as much as I hate him him and AD would be very good if we lose Hastings.

I don’t think Hastings is going to play anything like a bash and barge lock, he even said that in his interview. I think he’ll play like a first receiver/halfback organising all the plays out the back with AD and Brooks both playing a 5/8 style role on either side of the ruck, Laurie floating either side. An organising link man that allows Brooks and AD to play wider with a bit more speed. The big question mark will be whether he can handle the extra workload in defence in the middle and going 80mins but he’s experienced at playing hooker in the past. We’ll just have to see over the next few weeks whether the plan works.

I don’t know if he’ll be disgruntled by it. I think he’ll still technically be playing half in attack. It could be a bit of a master stroke having that extra attack weapon on the field during the game.

Hastings playing lock, with his handshake tweet as well as the rumoured dogs deal screams he is leaving this season.
The Dogs must be well placed with the salary cap. Last I read weren't they still attempting to have the contracts of Kikau and Mahoney registered?

The Dogs must be well placed with the salary cap. Last I read weren't they still attempting to have the contracts of Kikau and Mahoney registered?
News is Thompson might be heading home to England so that will free up like 850k.. They will need to upgrade Burton as well so hope they struggle

Yeah chances are they have probably done it the right way round instead of going off half cocked and announcing a couple of signings that aren’t interested in joining.

Garrick would be great next year he will be 2nd fiddle to Tommy Turbo
Shuster seems to only get 10 mins off bench lately
Leota is he on market ? If Dolphins take Brooks what about Sean O ,Sullivan
Got to start kicking some goals

Garrick would be great next year he will be 2nd fiddle to Tommy Turbo
Shuster seems to only get 10 mins off bench lately
Leota is he on market ? If Dolphins take Brooks what about Sean O ,Sullivan
Got to start kicking some goals

Is it only this forum that you get footy talk from? - O’Sullivan signed at the Dolphins weeks ago

Back