Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Liked Sheens for the initial role we gave him and tbh I'm blaming the board for their mishandling of sacking Madge and causing a cluster&$@#.
Didn't Sheens make the recommendation and take the lead in finding a replacement?

I was referring to the players currently playing for Wests Tigers and signed signed with Wests Tigers for 2023, 2024 and maybe 2025. Many of these would want to string along for the good life with Wests Tigers for at least another two years.
Well we are stuck with a few, but there is a few we can get rid of at the end of this season, its a two or three year thing. Wether people like to think about things, I liked Madge, but like Ivan, they both purchased a lot of shit players, and its left us on board a sinking ship.

Yep agreed its the board that needs their marching orders and probably Pascoe, but who or how is that decision made by?
Well remembering what happened at Parra and Dogs a few years ago, you need an Opposition ticket who present their credentials and ideas and then it’s up to the fully paid members to vote.
Benny E talked about that a while back but nothing evolved.

I find this forum wierd - people ask for change well next year we get new head coach, new assiatants, whole new strength and conditioning department, almost a whole new pack from last night and very different backline from where we started the year and still prob 4 or 5 more changes in playing personel to come. They have blown the place up as people requested and next 2 yrs will show if that worked or not but im not sure you could ask for much more change yet I see some many complaining that nothing is changing

Stuff Woods. Tim, Benji and Farah get on your bikes and get David Fafita to our club. If needed sign his cousin from the sharks. He was a tiger make him one again for a year or two to help to get David playing along side papalil. That is smash crush destroy with Api K directing things. WE NEED SOMETHING.

Liked Sheens for the initial role we gave him and tbh I'm blaming the board for their mishandling of sacking Madge and causing a cluster&$@#.
Well I would imagine that Sheens reviewed the coaching situation as part of his head of football operations, and presented his findings to the board.
He probably talked about Madge’s record and suggested he went, sooner rather than later. This would have been in tandem with his recommendation on pathways and developing a strong pool of potential NRL players moving forward.
Of course he would have also probably raised the issue of potential coaching candidates with CC at the top of the list. Board probably voted to go hard for Ciraldo ie ( good money, 5 year deal etc,)
When that fell through only options were for us to recruit an existing or near past coach , but that was probably met with a “ more of the same “ response.
Board probably asked the question of Sheens, could he do it and that’s when he started in option B, him Benji/Robbie.
Of course that’s just my thoughts and I might be well off the mark but I don’t think Sheens was hired to coach but circumstances have lead us down that path.
So the $64 question is whether the new coaching team is going to be a better outcome than a Flanagan, Morris, Walker Bros etc.
Only time will tell.

Well I would imagine that Sheens reviewed the coaching situation as part of his head of football operations, and presented his findings to the board.
He probably talked about Madge’s record and suggested he went, sooner rather than later. This would have been in tandem with his recommendation on pathways and developing a strong pool of potential NRL players moving forward.
Of course he would have also probably raised the issue of potential coaching candidates with CC at the top of the list. Board probably voted to go hard for Ciraldo ie ( good money, 5 year deal etc,)
When that fell through only options were for us to recruit an existing or near past coach , but that was probably met with a “ more of the same “ response.
Board probably asked the question of Sheens, could he do it and that’s when he started in option B, him Benji/Robbie.
Of course that’s just my thoughts and I might be well off the mark but I don’t think Sheens was hired to coach but circumstances have lead us down that path.
So the $64 question is whether the new coaching team is going to be a better outcome than a Flanagan, Morris, Walker Bros etc.
Only time will tell.
I sincerely doubt it. No-one with any form of coaching experience in the last 10 years.

Sheens was past it on 2012, I am not sure he has magically regained his mojo.

All the need for something new is doing nothing but a constant repeatative post from most on here. I read alot but don't post often. Nothing can be annouced till Nov 1 so just get over it till then. POM not posting becuase he knows this also. Sit tight my fellow supporters. The good will come.

Buzz turning on sheens already
Surprising coz I thought they were quite friendly. Buzz often says he has numerous conversations with Sheens, usually on the car phone.
Maybe Sheens has had a go at him about one of his articles and Buzz is not taking that lightly.
But who really knows anything that is going on. We are the plebs at the end of the food chain.

Maybe he is just right. Sheens has let some of our better players leave and rolled Noddy out to be the fall guy. It helps our cap, lets us front load contracts and sign players for next year.

Excellent, where are these signings

All the need for something new is doing nothing but a constant repeatative post from most on here. I read alot but don't post often. Nothing can be annouced till Nov 1 so just get over it till then. POM not posting becuase he knows this also. Sit tight my fellow supporters. The good will come.
Are you talking about signings for 2024?

A strong board would take a stand and make a real change. They would announce a press conference and roll out Sheens and Benji and 3 major signings. They would announce a permanent home ground and an identity at the same time. They would announce that this is the moment we are no longer the competition’s whipping boys. We will get more excuses, blame games, grandstanding and mediocrity.
Permanent home ground would be a great start

Here we go again,
we should have enough money to be able to let 7 or 8 move to other clubs, and buy at least 5 or 6 top liners, why are we now saying, things like we will keep brooks, but only if we can retain him for $500.000, He has really done nothing in the 9 years he has been at the club, do you really think paying him half price will make him play any better.

LET'S TAKE NOTICE OF WHAT THE DOGS ARE DOING, THEY ARE GETTING RID OF ALL THE RUBBISH, AND BUYING PLAYERS THAT ARE GO GETTEM PLAYERS, AND WHEN THEY HAVE FINISHED WITH GETTING ALL THE NEW ONES, TO JOIN TOGETHER WITH THE ONES THEY GOT THIS YEAR FOR NEXT YEAR THEY WILL FINISH
WITH A TOP 8 TEAM.

IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE SETTLING FOR THE SAME TYPES OF PLAYERS WE ALREADY HAVE.
AND UNLESS WE PURCHASE SOME MORE TOP NAMES.

THEN WE ARE HEADING FOR THE SAME PLACE WE HAVE JUST REACHED.
After seeing his effort last night, I would not have him in my team, his defence was atrocious and so was his attack and kicking, but as far as how much is he worth, 350 max

Reactions: 851
Back