Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Cobarcats nice wish list.

Why not look at three Warriors players on train and trial deals Daejarn Asi can cover centre and 5/8, Jack Murchie second row, Junior Ratuva is a very raw player but can cover centre and wing and at 110kgs has nice size. Klemmer does not want to leave Newcastle and has a contract in his favour. Be more than happy to offer Tyson F and Marty T 2 year contracts as both players are very professional in there approach to training and would be very good role models.

Newbie alert!

Been reading this forum for a long time. Thought I'd jump in.

As bad as the season was, there are a few things that contributed more than others. Utoikamanu missing for so long really hurt our go-forward.

If the rumours of Joffa knocking back our offer are true, as disappointed as I'll be, I do also believe it gives the club the opportunity to really go in a new direction. One thing I noticed all season was the disparity between our metres gained & the opposition. They tend to move 50-60m on us, we get 30-40 in a set of 6. Leaves the Tigers attacking from much further out, more often.

If Hastings is playing 13 next season, the team really needs a 'multiple hit-up' type prop- a guy that does 2 hit ups per set essentially, to carry a ballplayer at 13. This is where a Klemmer makes sense. Is he a GREAT prop? No. But he'll give you 2 runs per set. Same as Twal. Same as Joffa. The Tigers need at least 2 in the 17 that will do that, particularly with Hastings or Nu Brown at 13.

Utoikamanu is your 'fall forward' guy. He's a momentum starter. It SHOULD have been Musgrove this season, but he just doesn't get that consistant push. The Tigers forwards need to create momentum, or we will just continue to see our sets fizzle out too far from the try line. If we could add a Fifita or Tapau to the squad to balance the load on Utoikamanu- fantastic.

I read Blake Lawrie mentioned earlier. He's kind of a mix on both. He certainly doesn't make our forwards worse.

Realistically the Tigers need Pole, Matamua & Blore to get into the rotation regularly. Pole is just about there now.

The addition of Api is HUGE. Our service out of dummy half has been slow & redundant. Having our forwards hit the line with speed will be a huge advantage.

I think the addition of 2 props, a back rower & a winger would change our squad significantly. A centre as well probably is fantasy land.

But if we can have, say, Api, Papali'i, Lawrie, Murchie, Tapau, Staines &...Bradman Best...I think the club is changed dramatically.
It seems like we are miles away from success. But I'd think a majority of those guys I mentioned are quite possible.

We have to make the likes of Musgrove, Seyfarth, To'a, Freebairn, Dias into 'squad' players- not potential starters.

Once our bench becomes a 'strength', I think we see the club turn around.

Newbie alert!

As bad as the season was, there are a few things that contributed more than others. Utoikamanu missing for so long really hurt our go-forward.

If the rumours of Joffa knocking back our offer are true, as disappointed as I'll be, I do also believe it gives the club the opportunity to really go in a new direction. One thing I noticed all season was the disparity between our metres gained & the opposition. They tend to move 50-60m on us, we get 30-40 in a set of 6. Leaves the Tigers attacking from much further out, more often.

If Hastings is playing 13 next season, the team really needs a 'multiple hit-up' type prop- a guy that does 2 hit ups per set essentially, to carry a ballplayer at 13. This is where a Klemmer makes sense. Is he a GREAT prop? No. But he'll give you 2 runs per set. Same as Twal. Same as Joffa. The Tigers need at least 2 in the 17 that will do that, particularly with Hastings or Nu Brown at 13.

Utoikamanu is your 'fall forward' guy. He's a momentum starter. It SHOULD have been Musgrove this season, but he just doesn't get that consistant push. The Tigers forwards need to create momentum, or we will just continue to see our sets fizzle out too far from the try line. If we could add a Fifita or Tapau to the squad to balance the load on Utoikamanu- fantastic.

I read Blake Lawrie mentioned earlier. He's kind of a mix on both. He certainly doesn't make our forwards worse.

Realistically the Tigers need Pole, Matamua & Blore to get into the rotation regularly. Pole is just about there now.

The addition of Api is HUGE. Our service out of dummy half has been slow & redundant. Having our forwards hit the line with speed will be a huge advantage.

I think the addition of 2 props, a back rower & a winger would change our squad significantly. A centre as well probably is fantasy land.

But if we can have, say, Api, Papali'i, Lawrie, Murchie, Tapau, Staines &...Bradman Best...I think the club is changed dramatically.
It seems like we are miles away from success. But I'd think a majority of those guys I mentioned are quite possible.

We have to make the likes of Musgrove, Seyfarth, To'a, Freebairn, Dias into 'squad' players- not potential starters.

Welcome mate, good first post!

The cheating is very visable, every big money player that RORTERS sign accept unders with them after being offered lots more by other clubs,

TEDDY TIGERS OVER 1ML
EAST GET HIM FOR 650.

SONNY OVER 1ML
NZ RUGBY EAST GET 650

J HUGHES WANTED OVER 800 ACCEPTS 700 FROM EAST NO OTHER OFFERS LOOKED AT,

YOU DONT NEED GLASSES TO SEE THE CHEATING JUST AN ACCOUNTANT WITH PENCIL AND PAPER.

AND COMMONSENSE.
Then the Souths members just happen to have a ticket system error where tickets won't available to them but bought up by roosters fan instead. How could this even happen? The roosters are everything wrong with NRL at the moment.

Lets face it .Its a Joint Venture that doesn't function as a singular entity
Whoever is the ultimate boss of the club ?That is who is it who has the power to hire and fire the CEO ?Who is the ultimate power to hire and fire the coach
The absolute boss must be Lee ? or is it ? Can't be Pascoe as a group of old men in Ashfield could fire him ?
Time to start over with a WESTS TIGERS BOARD and if we need fresh funding sources to achieve that then maybe relocation might bring in the nrl and the benefiting area council to step in to create this
Its not a matter of WT saying we don't like Wests Ashfields involvement so we are selling the club. They don't have a say. Wests Ashfield owns Wests Tigers. The only way that changes is if they sell it or the NRL revokes the licence. Its like you telling your boss you don't like the way he runs his business so you are going to sell it.

Newbie alert!

Welcome bud, good post

Enjoy every minute of the forum 👍

I generally stay out of recruitment suggestions and have more concentrated on causes of recruitment difficulty .
However players I would like to have include Bradman Best, Tyson Frizzell
Spenser Leiniu ,Lachlan Millar ,Marty Tapau and even Koulu from Manly
This is my wish list

We need a new recruitment strategy, and I believe we should go down the path of recruiting on gang symbols. All the good Polynesians have great gang symbols, olakolatu, to’o, luau, fisher Harris, Crichton, Kailua, , we should sit these kids down in a recruitment interview and sheensy, wazza and benji should asks them a scenario based question “hey brah, imagine you dive over in the corner at the eighth wonder , now turn to the camera and give us your gang affiliation sign.” We should only sign the Polynesians that can come up with something original and unique. I know , I know I had the day off, I should grow up

Back