Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

you are missing Joffa in that side. Don't think we get Bateman, can Joffa play an edge
Good point… maybe Twal misses out? Competition for spots is always a good thing

That’s ofc if we do get Bateman, seems like a lot of people think we might around the media and sheens having another conversation with them after the reported transfer fee given to us may be a positive - he has a lot of connection in England too

He’s only 29 as well and the pommy forwards always get better with age - I won’t be so against his signing as he was a strike weapon when he played not that long ago

he isnt leaving cows, him & his GF just moved in together in new house. Came into my business just before DallyM's talked to him for 15min while his GF was getting supplies. He loves Townsville and his GF plays for the Ladies team.

Can't imagine how the Cowboys would let him walk now, if Luciano cops a DV conviction you would imagine he would be de-registered.

Sorry to disappoint, but Nanai will stay a Cowboy. Not sure where CG has received his info but it is well off the mark in this instance.

Leniu and Klemmer still the most likely to join the squad for 2023, along with Bateman. Bateman will depend on transfer fee and personal terms, so there are a few hurdles to overcome there.

Sheens has lined up a meeting with Leniu, Bateman and others while over in England. Unfortunately, i have no info on who the others are.

Talau will be also be apart of the top 30 next season. He has a train and trial contract which will turn into a 1 year contact provided he progresses through the off season injury free.
Quick question @CCTW, do you know if Benji is present during these meetings with recruitment or is it more so just Sheens for now?

That’s ofc if we do get Bateman, seems like a lot of people think we might around the media and sheens having another conversation with them after the reported transfer fee given to us may be a positive - he has a lot of connection in England too

He’s only 29 as well and the pommy forwards always get better with age - I won’t be so against his signing as he was a strike weapon when he played not that long ago

Benji and Farah love Twal, as CCTW said.
He is very much part of the plans I'd say

Even if we drop some games next year, I like how Sheens is focused on scoring points. At least we’ll be exciting to watch again.
I know I can come across as cynical at times and more often than not it is an attempt at light hearted humour.

Lets face it, being a Wests Tigers and previously a Balmain supporter you really need to look at the lighter side of things at times, but I have to say that I am more than a bit excited about what this style of football may look like.

Looking back on the better times when Sheens was here last I was often impressed by the way he came up with game plans to suit the team we were playing and the individual skills and abilities of the players we had at the time.

Yes I know there were lots of Sheenius selection moments but when it all came together it was beautiful to watch.

I look forward to something more than 5 tackles and a kick that rarely has the opposition under pressure and I hope to see a renewed focus on basic skills like playing the ball, passing and catching which shouldn't be an issue at NRL level but all too often has let us down.

I don’t get much mail but trust me on this… Brooks isn’t going anywhere.

Sheens/Benji have a lot of trust/belief in him and believe he can steer this team around well under the right pack and coaching - and if we’re running with that pack above under the right guidance Brooks can definitely turn some heads and if he doesn’t… he’s off contract the following year
It's his contract year. Most players go up a couple of gears.
We'll see

You obviously have not watched Bateman since he went back to the ESL,to be perfectly honest he is in the England squad on reputation alone

Sorry to disappoint, but Nanai will stay a Cowboy. Not sure where CG has received his info but it is well off the mark in this instance.

Leniu and Klemmer still the most likely to join the squad for 2023, along with Bateman. Bateman will depend on transfer fee and personal terms, so there are a few hurdles to overcome there.

Sheens has lined up a meeting with Leniu, Bateman and others while over in England. Unfortunately, i have no info on who the others are.

Talau will be also be apart of the top 30 next season. He has a train and trial contract which will turn into a 1 year contact provided he progresses through the off season injury free.
Thanks for update ☺️

Leniu and Klemmer first worry about everything else after, not sold on Bateman

Seems to be our likely pack for next year if all goes to plan:

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Isaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Takau
15. Fonau Pole
16. Spender Lenui
17. Alex Twal

Now that is what you call a forward pack…. Klemmer and Stefano starting is massive however under the radar the prop rotation of Lenui/Pole coming off the bench would be explosive - From day 1 I’ve had so much faith in Sheens/Benj if they pull this off we can build something really scary as our pack is so young - besides Klemmer who would be potentially replaced by Jordan Miller…. Starting to get excited a little
I cant see Leniu signing here to come off the bench TBH

Latest posts

Back