Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It reminds me of the days buying football doubles at Leichhardt Oval.i can guarantee i would always get heaps of doubles with players like Geoff Naylor or Steve Edmed on them.I used to count those as donations to the club. Twal falls into the same catagory, a bloke who tries but never gets on the scoreboard
I don't know if any Sydney clubs did this ...but Brisbane Wests back in the 70's had a lady who would sell raffle tickets at the bottom of the escalators at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown that led from the Mr Whippy stand to Woolworths ...6 days a week she would do it

Didn't help in the end ...the still went under in the mid 90's after winning back to back premierships in the 91 and 92 ..smashing Tiger Watto's pussy cats ....hehe

Someone posted a podcast recently where Benji was asked what he had been doing since he started/moved into the COE and he did mention he had been working on recruitment.

He also mentioned he had been making video packages for each player of all the good things they did this past season - this may not have taken long
I wonder what he did after smoko….

Seems to be our likely pack for next year if all goes to plan:

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Isaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Takau
15. Fonau Pole
16. Spender Lenui
17. Alex Twal

Now that is what you call a forward pack…. Klemmer and Stefano starting is massive however under the radar the prop rotation of Lenui/Pole coming off the bench would be explosive - From day 1 I’ve had so much faith in Sheens/Benj if they pull this off we can build something really scary as our pack is so young - besides Klemmer who would be potentially replaced by Jordan Miller…. Starting to get excited a little
You missed Joe Offa.

Twal isn't a bullocking line breaker or anything like that, but he will be as integral to our success as an impact prop. He tightens the middle and can be relied on to make tackles every time. Defence is every bit important as attack.

I just read the words Twal and Impact in the same sentence....

This place really is a treat.

Seems to be our likely pack for next year if all goes to plan:

8. David Klemmer
9. Api Korisau
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Isaiah Papalili
12. John Bateman
13. Jackson Hastings

14. Tommy Takau
15. Fonau Pole
16. Spender Lenui
17. Alex Twal

Now that is what you call a forward pack…. Klemmer and Stefano starting is massive however under the radar the prop rotation of Lenui/Pole coming off the bench would be explosive - From day 1 I’ve had so much faith in Sheens/Benj if they pull this off we can build something really scary as our pack is so young - besides Klemmer who would be potentially replaced by Jordan Miller…. Starting to get excited a little
Rua instead of Talau and you've got yourself a good starting pack and bench

1. Laurie
2. Maumalo
3. Kepaoa
4. Doueihi
5. Nofoaluma/J. Tupou
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Bateman
12. Papalii
13. Ofahengaue

14. Rua
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Leniu

Looks great to me

Solid defender tho.
Every team needs one.

I've seen him fire up before.
Penrith game.

If they can get some more aggression to his game, it'll do the team wonders.

2023, give him another chance 🙂

Since 2017 man....
I can count those games on one hand.
Needs to add plenty of things to his game - Aggression can be one of them.

Has zero footy intellect for mine, Has added nothing to his game
Doesn't run on the front of his feet, The thing that most concerns me is...

He seems perfectly happy inside himself to be less that mediocre.

"Scoring tries isn't my job" 😂😂

Since 2017 man....
I can count those games on one hand.
Needs to add plenty of things to his game - Aggression can be one of them.

Has zero footy intellect for mine, Has added nothing to his game
Doesn't run on the front of his feet, The thing that most concerns me is...

He seems perfectly happy inside himself to be less that mediocre.

"Scoring tries isn't my job" 😂😂
Dude from my area played over 100 games for the Manly & Bulldogs and never got a try.

Well respected front rower of his era (80s - early 90s)

Did all the hard stuff and was well respected by all his team mates.

I hear ya though.
He's sitting out of the world cup and saying he plans to come back charging.

2023 will be his year man.
No niggling injuries.
Big season for him.
Trust the process.

Not so sure about Bateman ...he is one of those backrowers who has had to play above his weight ...and that tends to cook them more quickly with injuries etc ....Bateman wasn't playing anywhere near the level back in England as he was at Canberra ....just my opinion

Good to see you posting again Happy one of the OG’s… I’m not 100% sold on Bateman either, haven’t really watched him in England so maybe I’m overselling him - however when he was at Canberra which wasn’t that long ago (2-3 years ago) he was a weapon and the kind of player we needed and he’s still pretty young. Maybe going back to England he lost that hunger to improve and went for the money/lifestyle etc, coming back to the NRL may be a challenge he steps up too

I agree the priorities should be both Klemmer and Lenui - but if we do get Bateman I wouldn’t be complaining let’s just say

Rua instead of Talau and you've got yourself a good starting pack and bench

Rua maybe another 1-2 years before first grade I reckon…. Talau can really play anywhere from 1-6 and could even play back row his versatility would be great off the bench - was an exciting prospect as well

Alex Twal is a solid player who will do what he is asked to, and to boot he cares about the club and the fans. Never be that smashing forward but a healthy and focused Twal is better than what we have seen over the last 5 years from past current forwards.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back