Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I've come to the conclusion that this forum is split down the middle.
Group A. Quite highbrow for a league forum, they post well thought out and constructive thoughts.
Group B. Toothless, illiterate halfwits, the type you'd assume were Souths fans.
No Group C?

I've come to the conclusion that this forum is split down the middle.
Group A. Quite highbrow for a league forum, they post well thought out and constructive thoughts.
Group B. Toothless, illiterate halfwits, the type you'd assume were Souths fans.
Group B are the Wests fans

I still think we go hard for Angus Crichton, give us some life in the second row. Also Okenbour as he is the wish version of dom young and priced accordingly and the doggs will let him go, and wade graham for moneyball, replace Tyrone Peachey.

I still think we go hard for Angus Crichton, give us some life in the second row. Also Okenbour as he is the wish version of dom young and priced accordingly and the doggs will let him go, and wade graham for moneyball, replace Tyrone Peachey
I’m all for Crichton but no thanks to okunbor who is hopeless and couldn’t crack the bulldogs first grade and same with wade graham who spends 3/4 of the season on the sidelines

Yep I don’t know why some on here don’t like Daine. Kid is a gun and has X factor about him. If he follows the ball a bit more he’s going to be real threatening.
If he follows the ball .he never does.

X factor al right. For both sides.

Maybe 5/8th be better. He can't be fullback

Based on years of evidence.
2018 half-back nonsense aside.

Sheens might not have a choice in the matter.

How is it going to look when an employer denies an employees request two years in a row?

Unfair and unreasonable to force some one to stay in a job against their will...

Y'all thought the Moses break down was bad.... can't wait to see how the media paints this narrative.

IF Brooks wants out, which is how it g
does appear.... he will get his wish.
It wont even get to that. If Sheens is staunch in his approach to wanting to build a competitive team. Why would he want to keep a player that doesn’t want to be part of it. If he stays it’s 5/8 or nothing in my opinion

Where did this nonsense of Sheens wanting two fast halves come from? This is a coach who for most of his previous tenure had John Morris and Rob Lui at halfback. Neither were fast. Moltzen may have played a handful of games at 7, but mostly at fullback.

The fact is a combo of Laurie, Doueihi and Hastings is awful. Atrocious. Who does the kicking? None of them have a long kicking game, none of them have much of a passing game, two are incredibly slow. There's just no way in hell that that will ever be our halves combo.

If we did let Brooks go we'd have almost an extra million to spend on top of our already sizeable war chest. We would definitely sign a halfback of some description. Maybe a Williams type. Or at the very least we'd sign one of the hottest young halves around as we could offer them money and playing time. Someone like Pezet seems a very likely option. He's a classic halfback with an excellent kicking game stuck behind rep players on long term contracts. I'd take him over Sullivan. Kelly on a train and trial playing NSW Cup is then a solid backup from outside the top 30, should things get desperate and at worst would be a decent addition for the Maggies.

Last edited:
Jonah Pezet
Height:183 cm
Date of Birth:17 January 2003
Weight:80 kg
Birthplace:Gosford, NSW
Nickname:-
Previous Club:-
Junior Club:Valentine-Eleebana Devils
Biography:
A part of Storm’s top 30 squad, Jonah continues to develop at a state level in the HostPlus Cup with the Storm feeder club Brisbane Tigers. 2022 also excitingly saw the halfback selected to represent NSW in the inaugural Under 19s State of Origin where he went on to be named man-of-the-match.
Jonah is son of former South Queensland and Parramatta halfback Troy Pezet and when not playing footy, he enjoys a hit of golf with Paps.
Will play nrl next year you’d imagine with some origin duties.

Thanks for the updates all. Been another riveting multi page read. We can’t stop now, when I check in tomorrow night I expect another 20 pages of fluf to go through.
In case you missed it. Leinu is a goer according to an anonymous poster.
But In terms of other movements the carrier pigeon is still in transit to the uk carrying Brooks managers release request for Sheens to run his eye over.
Oh and the Peach has been Stained.

Where did this nonsense of Sheens wanting two fast halves come from? This is a coach who for must of his tenure had John Morris and Rob Lui at halfback. Neither were fast. Moltzen may have played a handful of games at 7, but mostly at fullback.

The fact is a combo of Laurie, Doueihi and Hastings is awful. Atrocious. Who does the kicking? None of them have a long kicking game, none of them have much of a passing game, two are incredibly slow. There's just no way in hell that that will ever be our halves combo.

If we did let Brooks go we'd have almost an extra million to spend on top of our already sizeable war chest. We would definitely sign a halfback of some description. Maybe a Williams type. Or at the very least we'd sign one of the hottest young halves around as we could offer them money and playing time. Someone like Pezet seems a very likely option. He's a classic halfback with an excellent kicking game stuck behind rep players on long term contracts. I'd take him over Sullivan. Kelly on a train and trial playing NSW Cup is then a solid backup from outside the top 30, should things get desperate and at worst would be a decent addition for the Maggies.
I agree regarding the halves. Way too slow and neither are strong enough kickers. Brooks is terrible though so hopefully we find another half.

Latest posts

Back