Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Our club is between a rock and a hard place. We can't repeat the dismal performance of last year, or we will lose supporters by the bucket load, as well as sponsers. It will take time to climb from last to the top eight, maybe 2 to 6 yrs at a guess. I suspect that the aim is to pacify the fans with the recruitment of players with the chance of modest improvement in 2023 , but at the same time not to blow out our salary cap for 2024 onwards,

If ever anyone is in Bathurst looking for the best kebab, try Malouf’s they have the best authentic Lebonese kebabs anywhere.

That’s a tip for Demps.
When you say authentic, do you mean with hommous and tabouli only? Used to get amazing kebabs on Glebe Point Road when I was a younger lad. None of the lettuce filler that imo ruins them these days.

Yes, no idea. Having done an ACL does nothing to improve your understanding of the return to play protocol. The very fact that you said you played 12 months without one shows that these things aren't always obvious.

By the way, your second ACL and insertion sites do not regain neural innervation, so the feeling of a second one is, in many cases, not remotely like the first.

...and they replaced him immediately.

You just complained that they made him hobble all the way over to the commentary desk. So which one is it? Did they replace him immediately or act irresponsibly by allowing him to talk to the media?

I'm also flat out just making sense of your entire post.
He was replaced and sitting on the bench .....then was obviously asked to go do a post match presser which was down almost on the 10 metre ...then came back after the post match presser and back to the dressing rooms ...the dressing rooms at Browne Park are on approximately the 20 metre line

Not obvious ....are you kidding me .....the ACL was clinging by a small thread in the 1st scan and DH Sydney surgeon .....not a Ortho ...didn't advertise he wasn't .....had cleared out by the time we went back .....and obviously had no idea what he was looking at ...and new i was going to continue to keep playing active sports ....

Mate don't mock me with surgeries ...I have enough bad luck with post surgery issues to last 3 lifetimes .....I don't need "Experts" telling me about what I did or didn't know

the ACL was clinging by a small thread in the 1st scan and DH Sydney surgeon

I'm not sure how big a deal this is though. My mate is a fighter and he told me he was training and his knee completely gave away so he figured he should go to the doctor. He had a full tear for ages and was training like that for a while.

He had to have surgery to fix it but the point is that once it was gone the extra stress on it didn't matter.

Our club is between a rock and a hard place. We can't repeat the dismal performance of last year, or we will lose supporters by the bucket load, as well as sponsers. It will take time to climb from last to the top eight, maybe 2 to 6 yrs at a guess. I suspect that the aim is to pacify the fans with the recruitment of players with the chance of modest improvement in 2023 , but at the same time not to blow out our salary cap for 2024 onwards,
Sounds very sensible attitude.

He was replaced and sitting on the bench .....then was obviously asked to go do a post match presser which was down almost on the 10 metre ...then came back after the post match presser and back to the dressing rooms ...the dressing rooms at Browne Park are on approximately the 20 metre line

Not obvious ....are you kidding me .....the ACL was clinging by a small thread in the 1st scan and DH Sydney surgeon .....not a Ortho ...didn't advertise he wasn't .....had cleared out by the time we went back .....and obviously had no idea what he was looking at ...and new i was going to continue to keep playing active sports ....

Mate don't mock me with surgeries ...I have enough bad luck with post surgery issues to last 3 lifetimes .....I don't need "Experts" telling me about what I did or didn't know

No, I'm not kidding, a ruptured ACL (I wasn't talking about yours) is not always obvious with manual testing. Hence why an MRI is almost always required.

I'm not 'mocking you with surgeries' (whatever the hell that means), I'm pointing out that the fact that you've had surgeries doesn't make you qualified to ridicule the Tigers' medical staff's handling of the rehab process of its players.

You don't know what you're talking about and no amount of anecdotal evidence on what happened to you is gonna change that. I started this engagement as an assertive, but friendly correction, but your ego clearly can't handle that.

You're wrong about the above, but I can continue to pick your 3rd grade understanding of professional sport injury rehab processes to bits if you like.

Pull your arrogant head in and concede defeat.

Your original take was wrong, misguided and you're pushing the proverbial uphill trying to continue to justify it with anecdotes.

Yeah, the kebab meat plates are awesome at new star.

Are you referring to the one that had a fire few years ago?
Yeah, I think so. When you're on the Soccer club or old RSL club side of the railway . . .it's on the corner directly opposite the station. I do recall a fire, but I dismissed that as an insurance company sponsored facelift :sneaky:. They're one of the few places that has the lamb option most times.
Mmmm lamb.
You've got me hungry. I think maybe a plate at New Star tomorrow.
Maybe we should get the locals together for a feed. Aubanon can't live too far away . . .

Yeah, I think so. When you're on the Soccer club or old RSL club side of the railway . . .it's on the corner directly opposite the station. I do recall a fire, but I dismissed that as an insurance company sponsored facelift :sneaky:. They're one of the few places that has the lamb option most times.
Mmmm lamb.
You've got me hungry. I think maybe a plate at New Star tomorrow.
Maybe we should get the locals together for a feed. Aubanon can't live too far away . . .

Yeah I took a look in there the other week they use to have authentic turkish food in the hot food takeaway but was pretty bare there so went to new star 😂

Sweets here were really nice too but expensive

No, I'm not kidding, a ruptured ACL (I wasn't talking about yours) is not always obvious with manual testing. Hence why an MRI is almost always required.

I'm not 'mocking you with surgeries' (whatever the hell that means), I'm pointing out that the fact that you've had surgeries doesn't make you qualified to ridicule the Tigers' medical staff's handling of the rehab process of its players.

You don't know what you're talking about and no amount of anecdotal evidence on what happened to you is gonna change that. I started this engagement as an assertive, but friendly correction, but your ego clearly can't handle that.

You're wrong about the above, but I can continue to pick your 3rd grade understanding of professional sport injury rehab processes to bits if you like.

Pull your arrogant head in and concede defeat.

Your original take was wrong, misguided and you're pushing the proverbial uphill trying to continue to justify it with anecdotes.
My point is I have had dealing with rugby leagues clubs and with rehab maybe 30 years ago ...but i understand how it works and the long and ardous process involved and how everything is a step by step process

And the fact that someone has already posted that almost the whole rehab team has been replaced for 2023 might actually support this argument

The original comment mentions that the player involved was doing jumping exercises and reinjured his knee ....which either means two things ...the injury hadn't healed sufficiently to do the exercise ...or the injury hadn't been sufficiently stretched or tested beforehand ......neither puts the rehab team in a good light

There was no mention whether he had even got to a straight line walking and then running routine .....( which is the 1st thing they start on once your knee can bend to 90 degrees ) and are more likely to stick you on the bike to get some mobility and get the scar tissue adjusting to the new exercises

Yes you always get some minor setbacks in an ACL recovery ...but when the original poster says he showed up ...was told to do some jumping exercises .........Jumping is probably Step O in an A-Z step by step process .......probably 4 1/2 months into a 6 month process ...maybe even later depending on your progress .....

And they were already talking ACL that night on Fox and the WT's were hoping it wasn't an ACL ....which in real terms is saying it probably is ...cross youur fingers and toes and pray ...teh actual delay in the process was Covid related if you might recall .....

You have to admit that when you have a cart available ...you use it .....you are talking about players worth around 500 k ......and this was our home game .....

My point is I have had dealing with rugby leagues clubs and with rehab maybe 30 years ago ...but i understand how it works and the long and ardous process involved and how everything is a step by step process

And the fact that someone has already posted that almost the whole rehab team has been replaced for 2023 might actually support this argument

The original comment mentions that the player involved was doing jumping exercises and reinjured his knee ....which either means two things ...the injury hadn't healed sufficiently to do the exercise ...or the injury hadn't been sufficiently stretched or tested beforehand ......neither puts the rehab team in a good light

There was no mention whether he had even got to a straight line walking and then running routine .....( which is the 1st thing they start on once your knee can bend to 90 degrees ) and are more likely to stick you on the bike to get some mobility and get the scar tissue adjusting to the new exercises

Yes you always get some minor setbacks in an ACL recovery ...but when the original poster says he showed up ...was told to do some jumping exercises .........Jumping is probably Step O in an A-Z step by step process .......probably 4 1/2 months into a 6 month process ...maybe even later depending on your progress .....

And they were already talking ACL that night on Fox and the WT's were hoping it wasn't an ACL ....which in real terms is saying it probably is ...cross youur fingers and toes and pray ...teh actual delay in the process was Covid related if you might recall .....

You have to admit that when you have a cart available ...you use it .....you are talking about players worth around 500 k ......and this was our home game .....
Is this the right thread. ?

The rumours of Woods returning had me in shock. The way he left us years back was totally a disgrace and I personally would find it very very difficult to cheer for him. Surely I can’t be the only one…

The club is finally heading in the right direction, recruitment are doing exceptionally well. Why go backwards with this 1 signing. Brain Explosion.

Woods is dead to me.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back