Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We need a Top 10 signing ...is he Top 10 ...worth the reported 1.4 million and will he dig in every week win ...lose or flogging

If we spend 1.4 million ...I think I want more .....Munster at the absolute least ...Tedesco (can't see that happening ) Grant ......Cleary (simply won't ever happen ) .....
I agree with you, for 1.4 you want Cleary or Munster. Even in today's market, Moses should only be worth 1.1. But, we are the Tigers, with all our accumulated baggage. No idea, how we got Koraisau and Papalii for such fair prices.

I haven't contributed to this forum for around a year. Forgot my login password, lost the inspiration to join the chat. But I am a genuine Tigers tragic so I've returned....
What us diehards have developed over a long period of time are perseverance, hope and a fair dash of loyalty in the face of years and years of ineptitude from top to bottom.
Regarding Moses, if we get him, I'm not sure if it's a good move or not;
For
1. He can be an attacking spark plug for a backline that lacks penetration
2. He can be a threat with his running, passing or kicking game
3. He is a talker and feisty character
4. He is a Tigers local, who probably still cares about the club and he's mates with Brooks
Against
1. He tends to be a flat track bully who only excels behind a dominant pack
2. He is not a true, organising halfback
3. He is 28 and will be 29 if he doesn't come until 2024
4. The rumoured 1.4 mil per year is a huge slug to the cap
Verdict
Probably another unwise Tigers move, however, I'll be excited if it happens.

I dont know how true the oil is (from the other forum) that we still have an iron in the fire with Williams is but, if true i think i would prefer him for a few reasons.

1 the way Moses left last time
2 He will be on a fair wedge (Moses)
3 If we can get Williams for $800 or under preferably it leaves us room to go for a gun FB or centre.

Cant argue with much of your for or against it comes down to value for money.

I believe Daine has shown a bit at fullback and hopefully our side gets us into better spots for him to ascend in 2023. I believe Staines is there to keep Noffa honest and wouldn’t be at all surprised if Nofs in reggies this year. Get Bateman done so we can enjoy our turkey you turkeys.
Laurie ran harder than the forwards last year but he still is way off where we need our fullback to be. 1-7 are on. Price this year. They don't improve punt them.

I agree with you, for 1.4 you want Cleary or Munster. Even in today's market, Moses should only be worth 1.1. But, we are the Tigers, with all our accumulated baggage. No idea, how we got Koraisau and Papalii for such fair prices.
I doubt it's 1.4 mill.

1.2.maybe. he's a decent goalkicker as well so that adds value to him.

If we get Bateman to join our forward pack our forward pack have a big chance to dominate the ruck .. and this will give our backs a real chance to show us what they can do for the first time in many seasons. Let’s give our backline a chance this season. I see the start season our backline looking like this: 1.Laurie 2.Stains 3.Naden 4.Talua 5.Ken 6.Douihi 7.Brooks. Then later in the season I can our backline looking like this: 1.Stains 2.Nofa 3.Naden 4.Douihi 5.Ken 6.Laurie 7.Brooks

WTs prioritised forward recruitment (mostly) so our coaching team must be of the belief at least one or two outside backs from the juniors may make the transition to the NRL. It is just my view but if Nofoaluma is on the right wing, there needs to be balance with a fast left-wing option, fast halves and fast fullback.
Who are you thinking ?

Imo, Jnr Tupou is going to force his way in.

If we get Bateman to join our forward pack our forward pack have a big chance to dominate the ruck .. and this will give our backs a real chance to show us what they can do for the first time in many seasons. Let’s give our backline a chance this season. I see the start season our backline looking like this: 1.Laurie 2.Stains 3.Naden 4.Talua 5.Ken 6.Douihi 7.Brooks. Then later in the season I can our backline looking like this: 1.Stains 2.Nofa 3.Naden 4.Douihi 5.Ken 6.Laurie 7.Brooks
In what way does Bateman help us dominate the ruck?

As I see it, he's an undersized second rower who I believe we'd buy for his craft, smarts and grit rather than defensive ability to hold people in the tackle or aggressive run over defenders style running. So am I missing something about his play?

I'm also less keen on him than others on here, but I haven't seen much of him. Strikes me as a lighter Liam Fulton type player, which is fine as a piece in a team but I don't see him as worthy of a big contract

Who are you thinking ?

Imo, Jnr Tupou is going to force his way in.
Tupou is one very good option. I like the PNG players mix of size, pace and physicality. Bula and Ngutlik have a lot of potential because they haven't had the exposure to flight coaching that players of their age group have. It wouldn't surprise me if Sheens had one of those three options in Round 1.

The 3 or however many games Junior Tupou played impressed,seems to have some real attacking flair.Surprised other Clubs/NRL media didn’t take notice.
The NSW cup games I watched this season he was easily one of our best ,was really starting to find some confidence
I was pretty sceptical of his signing,seemed like a waste.
Could be in for a big season 🌝

The 3 or however many games Junior Tupou played impressed,seems to have some real attacking flair.Surprised other Clubs/NRL media didn’t take notice.
The NSW cup games I watched this season he was easily one of our best ,was really starting to find some confidence
I was pretty sceptical of his signing,seemed like a waste.
Could be in for a big season 🌝
Every time I seen him play I was blown away aswell he’s super talented and has great ball skills if he can find his voice he will make a great fullback

Every time I seen him play I was blown away aswell he’s super talented and has great ball skills if he can find his voice he will make a great fullback
One game of NSW cup in particular,he set up a try beautifully off a half break,looked classy as .
Your right,if he finds his voice and some confidence he could transition nicely to FB.

One game of NSW cup in particular,he set up a try beautifully off a half break,looked classy as .
Your right,if he finds his voice and some confidence he could transition nicely to FB.

He doesn't need to find his voice my Greek brother, It's not in his nature. He just needs to keep winning the small percentages and others need to follow. The kids a winner 🙏🏼

He doesn't need to find his voice my Greek brother, It's not in his nature. He just needs to keep winning the small percentages and others need to follow. The kids a winner 🙏🏼
If he is playing full back he might need a voice haha telling defenders where to go

I think your right.
He likes to get on the outside of his defender,comes off his right foot nicely.
Would make a good left centre once he gets his defence right

I agree with all of the observations about Tupou. He definitely has a lot of natural ability with the potential to be a game breaker. I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned more in the discussion about our first choice wingers. It's not as if we're brimming with speed, with the likes of Nofo and Ken being the obvious selections. A bit more work on his defence in Cup and he should be ripe for promotion.

i read that article as they have no idea who sheens is looking at... on a side not mansour and maizen played great footy rah rah rah
not linking the players with sheens at all and in fact mentioned newcastle and sharks are looking at maizen
Maizen signed with Halifax Panthers

Latest posts

Members online

Back