Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The upgraded pack is a great start towards redemption, however without a leader and some guys who can regularly convert opportunities into wins, we may still struggle to make the 8, considering of course that there is now more competition for those spots.
To me it's not the upgraded pack.

It's "will we upgrade our culture and harden up".

At the start of the year, 2022 people were rating the tigers as a real possibility of doing well.
We got a great pack, but unless our training and development seriously hardens up. We will just see a great pack dip.

2023 will be the test of "will we HARDEN UP" or "GIVE UP". Lets see a good pack push to go great.

Anyway, back to the signings topic. What are the odds of Bateman or Moses being confirmed and before Christmas? Here are my odds;
*Bateman 4 to 1 on to sign *Bateman 20/1 before Christmas
*Moses 6/1 to sign *Moses 30/1 before Christmas

Bateman this week. Moses doubtful - feel he wont move from the slimeys. Think if he was coming would have been done by now.
Moses is not in a hurry, he has a contract for 2023. It’s his advantage to delay but his advantage could diminish as we get closer to kick off. Also the longer he delays the more likely he’s staying at Eels. imo.

This is more of a head office deal but still, We have made an enquiry to Former England rugby union head coach Eddie Jones to join the club as apart of the football operations
I like this. He’s keen to give it a crack and he’s seems determined at what ever he does.

Moses is not in a hurry, he has a contract for 2023. It’s his advantage to delay but his advantage could diminish as we get closer to kick off. Also the longer he delays the more likely he’s staying at Eels. imo.
This is 💯 the situation and he is increasingly likely to stay at the eels

To me it's not the upgraded pack.

It's "will we upgrade our culture and harden up".

At the start of the year, 2022 people were rating the tigers as a real possibility of doing well.
We got a great pack, but unless our training and development seriously hardens up. We will just see a great pack dip.

2023 will be the test of "will we HARDEN UP" or "GIVE UP". Lets see a good pack push to go great.
well said

ill see if i can find out

More interested in moses though. It seems like he will listen to his old man and stay with eels though but also part of me says he wants to reunite with Brooksy
Landing Bateman in my opinion gives Brooks and AD one year to prove they are first grade NRL halves. That signing to me is potentially bigger than bring back that nitwit

Landing Bateman in my opinion gives Brooks and AD one year to prove they are first grade NRL halves. That signing to me is potentially bigger than bring back that nitwit

I think we have to see if Bateman is still NRL quality before we make statements like that. Jury is definitely out on him. Massive gamble we are taking.

It's quite strange really as I think if he was staying he would get it done to settle the club and fans. That would only help them with memberships and than focus on keeping D Brown etc..
Oh well time will tell

I think if we sign Nathan Brown & John Bateman we can make the semis. Fowards win matches and if we get them two we will have one of the best forward packs in the competition and that will help Luke Brooks and Adam Douiehi to improve their respective games have some faith in Sheensy he knows what he is doing.
Backs
Laurie
Nofoaluma
Staines
Naden
Maumalo
Douiehi (c)
Brooks
Forwards
Brown
Papali’i
Bateman
Ofahengaue
Koroisau
Klemmer
Bench
Smith
Blore
Pole
Stefano

It's quite strange really as I think if he was staying he would get it done to settle the club and fans. That would only help them with memberships and than focus on keeping D Brown etc..
Oh well time will tell
Its in His financial interest to make Parra more and more Desperate.

If he was gonna leave, then he would have do so Like when he left us.

I think if we sign Nathan Brown & John Bateman we can make the semis. Fowards win matches and if we get them two we will have one of the best forward packs in the competition and that will help Luke Brooks and Adam Douiehi to improve their respective games have some faith in Sheensy he knows what he is doing.
Backs
Laurie
Nofoaluma
Staines
Naden
Maumalo
Douiehi (c)
Brooks
Forwards
Brown
Papali’i
Bateman
Ofahengaue
Koroisau
Klemmer
Bench
Smith
Blore
Pole
Stefano
Who is going to drop out of the 8 next Year?

Latest posts

Members online

Back