Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Exactly - but I'm sure RTS would not want to play second or third or fourth fiddle, behind Tedesco, Manu, Suali.
Yeah I’d actually be surprised if he went there. He did his apprenticeship on the wing and is now a gun FB. I reckon he will look at what team best suits career.

That is a bottom 4 backline + RTS....thankfully our pack is coming together
while I understand this line of thinking, I don’t agree with it. the common denominator for the vast majority of our outside backs is that they all need to develop. Sheens will see to that.

Tupou and Talau have bags of untapped potential. Naden was a grand finalist 2 years ago and while Maumalo is on the way out, one of Bula, Hill or Scolari will take his spot and make it their own. hopefully in 12 months its a little clearer and the boys begin to make good on their potential.

I agree with you on taking it bit by bit.

I said fullback OR half.

I thought we could’ve kept Hastings if Sheens wanted to.

If Sheens or the club was smarter - why not just tell Jackson that he will start at lock and if the team is not gelling with brooks at half he will swap them and play like at 5/8.

We could’ve kept the option of Jackson. I think if the club wanted him they would’ve shown him more love.

And I don’t think we had to trade anyone for Klemmer bc he was always gonna come.

We could’ve kept luke and Jackson and chosen who was best after a few games.

With Api and Hastings I honestly beloved we were top 8.

With Api and Brooks I think we’re bottom 4.

Just my opinion.
I sadly agree.

Api will be quality, at least for his first year.

I am really looking forward to Robbie Farah working with Api Koroisau and I reckon Robbie will have a few tricks up his sleeve and might add a slight playmaking dimension to Api. The difference being API will play a solid hooker and give good ball to the halves.

Which is why I totally agree with you, Hastings + API means we will have a spine working together. Brooks + Api means Brooks is going to get the best ball delivery of his career....

?? Brooks time to perform. ok that was five years ago but you better deliver now.

While on Newcastle, I kinda disagree. 6 months ago they may have traded Klemmer without a swap. Now I could see them holding out. IMHO Hastings was far too big a prize, we could have offloaded AD.

Exactly - but I'm sure RTS would not want to play second or third or fourth fiddle, behind Tedesco, Manu, Suali.
Look it's not that.

Sualii is going to milk their cap.
Tedesco is probably on a million or close too. Manu is approaching an 800k value.
Sualii will want 1.3 million minimum.

Easts won't be able to have all three of those and still hire RTS. That's why Paul Momo is so valuable too them, 200K cheapie and has played finals.. WHY he is a 200k cheapie I have no idea.

Back