Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Okay, all good no issues @jadtiger

No worries Kaito we all get frustrated at times but we are all passionate supporters of our club and want the best outcomes for our club.Naturally we all have different views on how to get to the top of the heap and stay there.Take care mate

Nobody has said Sheens is "shit house" or anything like that but many including myself have said that Sheens get's it wrong far more often than the Sheens fan brigade will acknowledge.This is a forum and everybody will have opinions and as long as people don't promote lies as facts i am fine with that.
Like many others i remember why Sheens was sacked and guess what it was not because he was doing a good job
Do you? It was pressure from the fan base more than anything. We as a club thought we could do better than sheens, because we what didn’t make the final for a year or two?? How have we gone since……
Not saying he doesn’t get things wrong, nobody does. Even the great Belemy has a long list of players that do t make it, but people just chose to ignore his failures as well.
I think u will find that most people who are pro sheens are just grateful for the 2005 premiership, I for one am. I’d take one premiership every 20 years over being in the finals every year but never winning!!
As I have stated previously we as a club since the merger and before have been a basket case, only for a short time have we been not, now who was at the helm during that time???
You can see why there’s a pro Sheens mob.

Nobody has said Sheens is "shit house" or anything like that but many including myself have said that Sheens get's it wrong far more often than the Sheens fan brigade will acknowledge.This is a forum and everybody will have opinions and as long as people don't promote lies as facts i am fine with that.
Like many others i remember why Sheens was sacked and guess what it was not because he was doing a good job
His senior players stab him in the back Benji and Robbie but it's water under the bridge now that's why Sheen's did not talk to them for years

Do you? It was pressure from the fan base more than anything. We as a club thought we could do better than sheens, because we what didn’t make the final for a year or two?? How have we gone since……
Not saying he doesn’t get things wrong, nobody does. Even the great Belemy has a long list of players that do t make it, but people just chose to ignore his failures as well.
I think u will find that most people who are pro sheens are just grateful for the 2005 premiership, I for one am. I’d take one premiership every 20 years over being in the finals every year but never winning!!
As I have stated previously we as a club since the merger and before have been a basket case, only for a short time have we been not, now who was at the helm during that time???
You can see why there’s a pro Sheens mob.

Off course i can see why there is a pro Sheens group of supporters but that does not mean everybody has to subscribe to it.When Sheens first came to the club i was delighted as i could see the positives he could bring to the club and he did that a couple of years before i expected (2005) yet he failed to build on that good base that we had and for the next 4 years he could not even make the semis again in a competition where 50% of the teams make it each year and his recruitment during that time was poor.2010 saw the acquisition of a player who made a large difference Ellis (thank you buckets for getting him) and Lui (good halfback Sheens recruited as a school kid).

Sheen's brings both good and bad and always has but some on here will accept no criticism of him

I'd like to know what kind of stroke he would have after enduring the petty sniping of a couple of the perpetual Sheen's fluffers' abuse, and tirades against alternate opinions?

I'm a bit worried it might affect me as well. Just booked in with the quack.
🦆🦆🦆
That’ll fix it, first one is free.

They suffer from victims mentality.
Nobody is stopping them from forming
or expressing their opinions the fools.
If they think Sheens is shit house and
we're going to suck in 2023 then they
better get offline and stay away from
the forum for their own health smh.
They come on here blurting and pushing
their opinions and negativity to the good
folks that so happen to be excited about
next season. Sheens' tenure and how
it ended is old news and has been
discussed on here ad nasuem haha.
Don't know about that Kaito. It's pretty clear that some have a huge problem about anyone who doesn't look at Sheens through rose coloured glasses. I made a comment yesterday and copped a barrage - not so much about the comment - but about my perceived lack of support for Sheens amongst other things. If they are in your "good folks" box may be a good idea to encourage them to scroll past anything that interferes with their positivity.

Off course i can see why there is a pro Sheens group of supporters but that does not mean everybody has to subscribe to it.When Sheens first came to the club i was delighted as i could see the positives he could bring to the club and he did that a couple of years before i expected (2005) yet he failed to build on that good base that we had and for the next 4 years he could not even make the semis again in a competition where 50% of the teams make it each year and his recruitment during that time was poor.2010 saw the acquisition of a player who made a large difference Ellis (thank you buckets for getting him) and Lui (good halfback Sheens recruited as a school kid).

Sheen's brings both good and bad and always has but some on here will accept no criticism of him

Pros still out weigh the cons, by a long margin.
I’ll take sheens over any Maguire, Taylor, Potter, Lamb, Pearce, etc, etc.
Your 50% quote is fine when comparing apples. But not basket case clubs with heaps of debt and no strong leadership. Sheens brought together two fighting merged clubs when no other could. Now wests run the shop, money is good, new COE, let’s get behind them. Not push them in front of a truck, the media do that enough for us.

That Didn't work out too well for them either.
That's what I was thinking the senior player's did not handle expectations very well of being favourites to win the title Sheenius gets the boot then senior players complain about Potter can not coach them as well as Sheenius and cause trouble for him then the next guy struggles as well

And the board have power trips when Potter and Taylor are there no one strong enough to handle them like Sheenius did and they run amuck not one good junior was poached under Sheenius some let go like Jeff Lima but none poached it's a shame he did not finish his contract biggest mistake made by the Tigers

Nothing wrong with looking at the club
or Sheens' second coming with rose
tinted glasses @Telltails it's a nice change
in fact. We seem abit accustomed
to being dragged through the coals
in the media due to our lack of success
and I think it's rubbed off on punters.
Folks have become a bit cynical and
are tired of being paid lip service, I
fully get it. I just don't see the point of
raving on about it, or shaming people
into believing that this time things
might be different/looking up for us

Nothing wrong with looking at the club
or Sheens' second coming with rose
tinted glasses @Telltails it's a nice change
in fact. We seem abit accustomed
to being dragged through the coals
in the media due to our lack of success
and I think it's rubbed off on punters.
Folks have become a bit cynical and
are tired of being paid lip service, I
fully get it. I just don't see the point of
raving on about it, or shaming people
into believing that this time things
might be different/looking up for us

I think most people can appreciate that there are some who are excited that Sheens is back and even I am cautiously optimistic about our top 8 chances next year with the forward pack that has been put together. However, that doesn’t mean they get to be delusional, tell lies and ignore reality which a large number of the Sheens fluffers do. Facts are that Sheens has not achieved any success as a coach in over a decade and has been sacked from two clubs in that time with poor roster management being one of the fundamental reasons. Not to mention the shady nature of how he has returned to be our coach.

Having said that, I’m happy to give him the chance that the Sheens fluffers didn’t give Madge. At the same time though, I’m not going to let the Sheens fluffers on here try to piss on everyone’s head and pass it off as rain.

Nobody is stopping them from forming
or expressing their opinions the fools.
If they think Sheens is shit house and
we're going to suck in 2023 then they
better get offline and stay away from
the forum for their own health smh.
They come on here blurting and pushing
their opinions and negativity to the good
folks that so happen to be excited about
next season. Sheens' tenure and how
it ended is old news and has been
discussed on here ad nasuem haha.
Digging into the past to look for faults, or imagined faults seems to be the passion of some.
Memories are often incorrect, and to say that anyone has not made errors, is a lie. I'm sure Sheens like most of us , has got smarter with age.

Latest posts

Members online

Back