Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

In Yesteryear CB....
Will be another (If not 2) cap rises in his time.
Bought a lettuce lately?

Put in perspective it's expected.
Any conversation for Moses would have started at 1.2...

Keep in mind DCE and Taumalolo have been on a Million for the best part of a decade.
1.4 in 2 years is no more unfathomable than 1.0 was in 2014...
Farah was on 900k way back, Townsends on 800k....
1.4 will be the standard price for a half in the very near future,

Probably more if they don't start making a few more of them.
DCE has only won 1 GF and that was in his first season.
I hope that they don’t win another GF ever.
Maybe a spoon would do wonders for Seibold coaching career.😂

I am not Sheens or Marshall so my opinion is just that opinion.
I'd we get Moses it is clear he is coming to play with Brooks in the halves
Where does that leave AD centre lock or fullback. Who knows under Sheens coaching he may go well at fullback
Im not so sure
AD and Mitch would be a good halves pairing.

Brooks has a ton to prove in 2023 and in this I wish him the best.

If Moses does sign than 2023 will be a audition for both Brooks & AD to see who partners Moses next year.
It will definitely be Brooks. He will be on a reduced contract, and AD believes he is worth $900k. He simply isn't, as good as a player he is. He won't get that from us, no matter what position he is playing in.

Keeping Brooks allows us to spend the best part of $1 million in the kitty for other upgrades and key retention. (assuming AD is currently on $600k and is released and Brooks takes a $400k hit). Bush math, but you get the picture.

It will definitely be Brooks. He will be on a reduced contract, and AD believes he is worth $900k. He simply isn't, as good as a player he is. He won't get that from us, no matter what position he is playing in.

Keeping Brooks allows us to spend the best part of $1 million in the kitty for other upgrades and key retention. (assuming AD is currently on $600k and is released and Brooks takes a $400k hit). Bush math, but you get the picture.
AD's asking price is based on rumours & speculation, no factual evidence to it at all.

If you read the article posted on the other thread, Brooks wants to stay whereas Doueihi has kept his options open.

Either way Doehi will need to have a good season.

The club is very confident that Moses will be putting pen to paper at this Thursdays meeting.
A 4 year deal worth close to $1.4mill per season (can't confirm but a 5 year may be a mutual option).
All "requirements" per his managements discussions have been met & our offer is better than the Eels.

Since Farnworth has informed other clubs of his intent to stay at Broncos the club has changed focus to Dominic Young, very early talk just gauging his price point.

Daine Laurie is looking likely to take up the current 1 year extension being offered, he wants 2 years or more but club not budging on this.

Talk of Seyfarth looking to move on is true, club happy to keep him for 2023 season but won't stand in his way of long term offer if it comes forward.

Laurie will be fullback round 1, Staines too quiet for Sheens liking & "needs to find his voice" to be any chance of taking the 1 off Laurie, Bula is nipping at their heels but a roster spot would need to be freed for him to play prior to round 10.

Club has also held talk with Fletcher Baker from the Roosters.
Thanks for the update pom!

Unfortunately when the club feels confident, it usually is wrong

That would be the way i see it and i have zero contacts in football these days
I always thought that would be the outcome ,but the one thing that always got me thinking he’s come to us was , we offered a 4 year deal and the slimmmy eels only offered 3 years , that been the case if true he’s throwing away a guaranteed $1.4 which doesn’t make any sense, because at the end of his 3 year contract he would be 32 and would be lucky 🍀 to get $400,00 , just my thoughts

This myth has been perpetuated on
here for the last 6 months because of
1 poster who doesn't like him. Makes
me sick having to read about it every
other week. DT reported that storm and
Bellyache wanted AD in August last
year on loan but got Nofa instead.
He only played a handful of games
last year coming back from ACL.
People are too bias on here, they'd rather talk about how he slipped
off a couple of tackles instead
of how he played in 2021 & won us games
single handedly off the boot or with
tries. The favoritism and bias
on here is too much sometimes. The
better player should always get the nod —
both Doueihi & Brooks have both got
an opportunity to stake their claims
this year. Beyond that its fantasy coach talk

This myth has been perpetuated on
here for the last 6 months because of
1 poster who doesn't like him. Makes
me sick having to read about it every
other week. DT reported that storm and
Bellyache wanted AD in August last
year on loan but got Nofa instead.
He only played a handful of games
last year coming back from ACL.
People are too bias on here, they'd rather talk about how he slipped
off a couple of tackles instead
of how he played in 2021 & won us games
single handedly off the boot or with
tries. The favoritism and bias
on here is too much sometimes. The
better player should always get the nod —
both Doueihi & Brooks have both got
an opportunity to stake their claims
this year. Beyond that its fantasy coach talk
The hate AD gets for last season is crazy, people expect a guy coming back from an ACL injury to walk into the team & be the star player.

Latest posts

Back