Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Lol.. everyone is findin the positive in us signing an unproven kid who nobody else wanted, with a bad reputation for 4 years on $550K.

The ONLY good thing about this is that we can throw more mud at lee and justin when we all realise next year that we signed another lemon for 4 years.

has Mmbye, Packer, Reynolds taught us nothing?
The 3 you mention were proven duds on double what Sullivan is reported to be earning. With WT supporters crucifying every young player signing, any wonder why we have trouble attracting players to the club. So with the halves out there, who do you suggest we should have signed and for how much?

Going forward 2 spots as it stands for 2024.

Sezer & Staines would be good. Then definitely 1 x centre.

A trade for Olam would be awesome, maybe Naden for them?

Bula, Staines, To'a, Olam, Tupou, Fainu, Sezer, Utoiukamanu, Korosaui, Klemmer, Papali'i, Bateman, Blore, Sullivan, Pole, Twal, Fainu

Da Silva, Matamua.

& the rest

Can only assume that either his manager is an A grade negotiator, where we are not, or we were comfortable with locking him down for the same timeframe as Fainu.
But doesn’t that cause some issues in pathways coz I thought we had a good half down there, think it’s Gavin ? What happens there ?
I can’t see a problem with having too many halves of first grade level. If our young up and comer goes past the incumbent and the incumbent is still quality then you can always offload as trade bait to strengthen other positions (or maintain plenty of depth). If we somehow end up with too many quality halves then it’s a lot better position than we are in now.

Going forward 2 spots as it stands for 2024.

Sezer & Staines would be good. Then definitely 1 x centre.

A trade for Olam would be awesome, maybe Naden for them?

Bula, Staines, To'a, Olam, Tupou, Fainu, Sezer, Utoiukamanu, Korosaui, Klemmer, Papali'i, Bateman, Blore, Sullivan, Pole, Twal, Fainu

Da Silva, Matamua.

& the rest
Would be nice if we could pull,that off

Lol.. everyone is findin the positive in us signing an unproven kid who nobody else wanted, with a bad reputation for 4 years on $550K.

The ONLY good thing about this is that we can throw more mud at lee and justin when we all realise next year that we signed another lemon for 4 years.

has Mmbye, Packer, Reynolds taught us nothing?
There is plenty of positives in not having Wakeham/Brooks as our halves next year alone.

He could flop or he might work out okay. I’d rather see how he goes at WT before bagging him but that’s me.

There is plenty of positives in not having Wakeham/Brooks as our halves next year alone.

He could flop or he might work out okay. I’d rather see how he goes at WT before bagging him but that’s me.
You can’t blame people for being skeptical. We’ve seen this movie before, a hundred times over. Not since Scott Prince has a signing for us been a game changer. You could make a case for Ellis, but that’s it.

The 3 you mention were proven duds on double what Sullivan is reported to be earning. With WT supporters crucifying every young player signing, any wonder why we have trouble attracting players to the club. So with the halves out there, who do you suggest we should have signed and for how much?
I think we should’ve signed him for 2 yrs with our option for a third… and if he didn’t want that I wouldn’t sign him.

He’s unproven with a string of bad hamstrings.

Also he is not an organsing half

So we have him for 4 years and where does Fainu play? 6…

Sullivan is not a 7!

We are going to end up back where we were before with two #6s.

Even if sezer plays next year and the year after we still have two 6s lol - when we desperately need a 7.

Take a lap tigermate, let the people rejoice!
solid signing. Doesn't cost a lot. 3yrs + C.O.
Lol.

Dude.

We have two 6s long term.

Everyone knows we need a controlling half.

My issue is obvious sheens and benji seem sullivan and Fainu playing together when (if) Sezer finishes

Meaning they have learnt nothing that we need a controlling half

Both those guys are 6s.

It’s the same issue we have had since Robert Lui left

You can’t blame people for being skeptical. We’ve seen this movie before, a hundred times over. Not since Scott Prince has a signing for us been a game changer. You could make a case for Ellis, but that’s it.
It’s been a rough 12 years so yeah it’s not surprising, but I’d rather have some hope at least until April next year!

Mate everyone has said that about every signing at the tigers “give them a chance “ etc

We need a 7. Not a 6.

We have Fainu for 4 years.

Meaning at some point benji sees sullivan as a 7.

More dumb footy

Thank god they let hastings go !

If only we had a controlling half

Lol.

Dude.

My issue is obvious sheens and benji seem sullivan and Fainu playing together when (if) Sezer finishes

Both those guys are 6s.

I understand your concerns bro...

Steve, I have noticed you get very fixed on "reported" figures. Always take a few hundred thousand off anything the Tele reports IMO.

I'm not sure about the Sullivan deal, but the Fainu boys are on about half what you believe and I imagine the 2.2m quote by Buzz about Jayden is inflated too.

Dragons would be throwing in for the first year for a start.
100% of reported salaries in the media are either guesses or come from the player manager - the manager has a vested interest in advertising high returns from their contracts.

I posted a couple of days ago about Pele’s management approaching us…. seems like they found a suitor today as he’s signed with Hull FC for 2024.
There is a reason why Gus let him go early, especially considering the Dogs were short of props for most of the year

More, Nofa $525k, Cotric $650k, I saw the top 10 winger salaries the other day, Nofa was 6th, Cotric 3rd. DWZ was 1st with $800k
Question what would Nofa be worth if he was not at the Tiger's say a top 8 club ?

Reactions: 851
Lol.

Dude.

Both those guys are 6s.

Or one will earn their spot and the other will be ressies and if not happy will move on.

Or one will earn their spot and the other will be ressies and if not happy will move on.
Let’s all call this what it really is

Tartak gave us the Fainus

We owe tartak

We take sullivan for two more years and pay him full freight even though dragons didn’t want him

That’s the truth

Lol.

Dude.

Both those guys are 6s.

For perspective you are talking about our team currently with Brooks as a halfback.
I see it more that everyone knows Brooks needs a controlling half.
Maybe we don’t need a controlling half per sae; maybe we just need different halves.

Let’s all call this what it really is

Tartak gave us the Fainus

We owe tartak

We take sullivan for two more years and pay him full freight even though dragons didn’t want him

That’s the truth
I have nothing to dispute your take (I had no idea who manages who) but that assumes the dragons are in bed with tartak too?

I posted a couple of days ago about Pele’s management approaching us…. seems like they found a suitor today as he’s signed with Hull FC for 2024.

And they reckon people don’t wanna come here hey. What goes around comes around he brushed us once, that worked out swimmingly for him.

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Members online

Back