Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Bula is a work in progress for sure but he’s way beyond the promising stage for me
His defensive plays this year show me he’s a smart footballer not just a gifted athlete
International experience, a full off season and hopefully a better performing team in front of him, I’m thinking he’ll lift considerably on what we’ve already seen
Get him with the guru sprint trainer. Bula puts on an extra metre or so in the 100, then he’s a real handful! Speed is invaluable.

Well he’s just bought a house directly opposite the Leagues club over the river at Leonay so there is not just money involved.
I’m sure he and his wife have lots of friends in the Penrith region.
A lot of driving to and from Concord.
I’ll take a punt and say he won’t leave the Panthers.
Players like blore still live out in Penrith and come in each day luai could easy do it

Reactions: 851
Wasn't too long ago Daine Lauries' deficiencies at Fullback couldn't be pointed out without getting howled down with many of the same justifications I'm seeing for Bula now....
Yes agreed. I was shouting for this for him when most were licking his nuts for getting club player of the year in 21.
I like Bula, Good kid with infinite potential....
But he's a million miles from where we need him to be.
And unlike most other young kids coming into grade at other clubs
- He'll have no where to hide at WT's,
Very little back up - On the park, and should he need a spell from Firsts like all kids do...
and, not many blokes to help him through the next 2 years.
Yep, he needs guidance and management to continue developing. The things he does well are great.

Yes agreed. I was shouting for this for him when most were licking his nuts for getting club player of the year in 21.

Yep, he needs guidance and management to continue developing. The things he does well are great.
Reece Walsh had Darius Boyd help him out this year, great move from the Bronx. It would be good if we good have Brett Hodgson assist Bula. Anyone who says Bula move to centres has rocks in their head

Ability to receive the ball as a second receiver at high speed to either make a line break himself or make the extra man to create an overlap and select the right pass to assist in line breaks or tries.
Basically do what all the other top class fullbacks do.
I’m optimistic he will be where we need him to be by round 1 2024, but I agree with others that we need at least one other player to apply pressure to the fullback spot as not many young players consistently play at their best without solid pressure on their position.
Who was it that was going to pass him the ball at second receiver? He was always there, it just didn't happen.
A couple of decent halves will make all the difference.

When he shows mongrel on the field, you will have a point.
So far, he is showing he is every bit the deadshit his jailbird brother is.
Parents doing a bang up job raising these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did I say he didn’t ? Here you go again wasting oxygen . There’s “Bula is ordinary” comments every other post lately . People moving him to centre BEFORE Paps got brought up . Like I said goldfish .
There’s your chip again champ . RAAAGGGGGEEEEEE! lol go meditate you lunatic .
Only one pussy screaming here son.

Bula is killing it at fullback could be a generational talent, re-signed on decent money to be our long term fullback solution. Arguably we havent had a replacement for Teddy since Bula came on the scene. You don't move one of your best players to accommodate a very injury prone Paps.

Will he be effective at wing or centre? He's still learning his craft at fullback, imagine how good he can be if he's allowed to develop further in that position. There's plenty of other's in the backline that need a rocket or shuffling around and people want to move the one piece that's been outstanding. I really don't get the logic and im not having a go at you either, i know you've explained your reasonings but i disagree.
Agreed. Bula is our best player.

Hard no for Paps. He’s busted.

Back