Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Gotta disagree with many. When I reflect on the amount of go forward and dominance of our front rowers this season just gone, I can’t say that they impressed me all that much. Compared to the best props in the game they were far less effective and certainly were rarely enforcers on the field. Klem struggled with yardage at times and Uto was inconsistent. Twal tried hard but isn’t necessarily busting tackles. Pole is great but still needs to increase his output, involvement and minutes.
Realistically AFB is miles ahead of our guys based on current performance so to say we don’t need him or that he wouldn’t make much difference, I believe is BS.
Over $1m is a lot to pay for a prop, I will concede that. However, he might just inspire & lead our pack, and could just drag our current front rowers up to his level.
So the offer has been withdrawn…how do you feel about that?

Can't figure out if you're trying to act smart
or have been living under a rock lmao.
There's been friction since the appointment
was made behind Benji's back, it came to
a head when Fulton wanted to sign Schuster.
Articles & people talking about this exact
issue for months must have alluded you.
I'm backing the coach, not the recruitment guy.
Maybe read the comment - what has Fulton said ? Not articles about, not people talking about, not hearsay and not speculation here but what comments has he ACTUALLY made ??

I don't think we were ever getting AFB or Luai. We're not an appealing club for the best players. I'm guessing Richardson withdrew offer because he wants to stop us looking so scattershot, desperate and hopeless in our approach. We've literally targeted and not got all of the major free agents over the last few years. Being a bit more judicious about who we target can't hurt.

Maybe read the comment - what has Fulton said ? Not articles about, not people talking about, not hearsay and not speculation here but what comments has he ACTUALLY made ??

Our club has some of the best politicians
& diplomats in the business haha.
He doesn't have to speak publicly 2 be a hack

QLD wanted that win. A clean sweep is a kick in the nuts. They wanted to deliver that.
They might have wanted to win, but it’s amazing how few clean sweeps have been achieved.
After going out and celebrating the series win after game 2 the effort in game 3 doesn’t seem the same.
It’s called a Dead rubber for a reason.

I don't think we were ever getting AFB or Luai. We're not an appealing club for the best players. I'm guessing Richardson withdrew offer because he wants to stop us looking so scattershot, desperate and hopeless in our approach. We've literally targeted and not got all of the major free agents over the last few years. Being a bit more judicious about who we target can't hurt.
Common sense prevailed paying a prop way overs when we can pick up an above average or develop one of our own for a third less. I am hearing that Luai is done so at least we are trending in the right direction. If we can add a back or two at least we will be more competitive than previous years.

Common sense prevailed paying a prop way overs when we can pick up an above average or develop one of our own for a third less. I am hearing that Luai is done so at least we are trending in the right direction. If we can add a back or two at least we will be more competitive than previous years.
Great post. I enjoy your updates regarding our juniors and please continue to share it if you are inclined.

Gotta disagree with many. When I reflect on the amount of go forward and dominance of our front rowers this season just gone, I can’t say that they impressed me all that much. Compared to the best props in the game they were far less effective and certainly were rarely enforcers on the field. Klem struggled with yardage at times and Uto was inconsistent. Twal tried hard but isn’t necessarily busting tackles. Pole is great but still needs to increase his output, involvement and minutes.
Realistically AFB is miles ahead of our guys based on current performance so to say we don’t need him or that he wouldn’t make much difference, I believe is BS.
Over $1m is a lot to pay for a prop, I will concede that. However, he might just inspire & lead our pack, and could just drag our current front rowers up to his level.
Until the season was effectively over two thirds through, our forwards were doing a fine job. Our yardage and field position was fine.

Part way through the year we had more play the balls in the opposition 20m than anyone in the comp, so the forwards put us in position. But, we had the lowest tries scored because we just had the worst halves to ever play NRL.

Until the season was effectively over two thirds through, our forwards were doing a fine job. Our yardage and field position was fine.

Part way through the year we had more play the balls in the opposition 20m than anyone in the comp, so the forwards put us in position. But, we had the lowest tries scored because we just had the worst halves to ever play NRL.

A coach who was over a decade out of touch with the modern game but wouldn't adjust to it added to that

We also have to remember we have 3 forwards joining our top 30 in 2025 already - Kit, Tony Sukkar and Faagatu - so we already need to let 3 forwards go from our 2024 top 30 to fit them in

Possibly 4 if Solomone Sakuru ends up in the forwards and at 115kgs its apossibility

Managed to lure the NSW origin hooker here with money, be a change agent, be a leader, be the main man...so it can work

The Penrith Panthers could be in danger of losing another of their young stars, with Taylan May admitting he wants to play with his brothers at the conclusion of his current deal.

The May family have all come through the Panthers, with Tyrone now plying his trade in the English Super League, and young forward Terrell currently at the Sydney Roosters.

Tyrone has recently signed for the next two years with Hull KR after being linked to an NRL return, while both Taylan and Terrell are off-contract at the end of 2024 and are now able to negotiate with rival clubs.

As it stands, Terrell has been linked with re-signing with the Roosters but has attracted interest from rival clubs on a market that is skinny for forwards, while Taylan's contract offers and negotiation status remain unclear.

Taylan, who is expected to shift into the centres at the foot of the mountains in 2024, is set to transform himself from a winger into a centre during the upcoming season.

The outside back, who is back training with the Panthers after an ACL injury ruled him out of 2023 in its entirety, said he doesn't know what's happening with his contract, and while he said he'd like to stay, he also wants to play with his brothers.

“I don't know what's happening with the contract because I leave that with my manager,” Taylan said before training on Monday per NCA Newswire.

“Whatever happens, happens.

“I don't mind (what happens).

“If I could then I'd probably (like to stay) but then again, I want to play with my brothers … all of them if I could.

“That's definitely a goal for me.

“We've definitely spoken about it, and whatever that looks like for us is something that I don't know what it looks like.

“I'm just happy to play here and finish off my contract. If they want to re-sign me, then I'll let my manager deal with that stuff.”

The May brothers as a trio have never featured at professional level, either for club or Samoa, in the same game.

I hope your source is on the money @ROZELLE.O.G & the Bulldogs board member's son that @Tiger_Yoshi knows was pulling a swifty!.

It's Mitchell Moses 12 months ago all over again with mail that he was coming, he was staying & just dragged out.

I'm more confident with Luai and think our next targets 'may' be the Taylan, Terrell & Tyrone May package!

It’s funny that the Tigers and Dogs both ‘withdrew’ the offer they had for AFB, more likely they knew he was a done deal somewhere else and didn’t want to look like they were rejected by him
So who’s going to withdraw their offer from Luai first? 🤔

I hope your source is on the money @ROZELLE.O.G & the Bulldogs board member's son that @Tiger_Yoshi knows was pulling a swifty!.

It's Mitchell Moses 12 months ago all over again with mail that he was coming, he was staying & just dragged out.

I'm more confident with Luai and think our next targets 'may' be the Taylan, Terrell & Tyrone May package!
So who’s going to withdraw their offer from Luai first? 🤔
Us id imagine. But im not too fussed if we dont get him. He doesnt have the kicking game for a organising halfback.

rather build for the long run then buy like the Bulldogs. Wont work.

Gus put Matt Cameron in-charge of creating the penrith system.
I know, but to some extent right. He still identified that Matt Cameron was the man for that job. Whom mind you is their CEO now after originally being brought in as a high performance manager.

Us id imagine. But im not too fussed if we dont get him. He doesnt have the kicking game for a organising halfback.

rather build for the long run then buy like the Bulldogs. Wont work.
What we get with Luai given the attraction for Benji & Richo is his aura amongst team mates; winning attitude; energy; leadership & family focused lifestyle. Ideal recruit and leader for the young squad we have to show the way at training, talk on-the-field and mentor the likes of Fainu, Galvin, Bud, Mason, Large etc. Secondly, his marketability for the club is MASSIVE. He gets a bad wrap at times but he is the ultimate professional & family man. With Api, Luai & Klemmer leading way, it's a game-changer!

Back