Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yep, people are writing Olam off way too quickly. Reckon some will be eating their words in 2024 whether he is at the Tigers or the Storm.

Doubt it. This pre season has been in Sydney not in Melbourne with the rest of the team training. They had Norths players travel to Melbourne. Something drastically needs to change for him to be starting in 24 at the Storm. He will be with us or Superleague.

I think for 600k a year we wouldn’t get close to the value, but in saying that he is better than anything we have atm. Prefer to go after May or someone else, cheaper and better upside (plus may get his brother in the forwards).

I wonder what happened to Nofo, he used to be the face of our team front and centre in promotions and advertising, banger of the esky during the team song. Always there smiling and promoting the team/club. When did it all turn sour?
Might have something to do with supporters hating his guts.

Something happened there this season which has apparently put people in the Storm off him according to Peter Peters. I remember hearing that in one of his Sunday breakfast show interviews when talking about Blore/Olam swap. They didn't elaborate.
Peters said it was a minor discretion but it didn't go over well.

I wonder what happened to Nofo, he used to be the face of our team front and centre in promotions and advertising, banger of the esky during the team song. Always there smiling and promoting the team/club. When did it all turn sour?

I guess he feels entitled.....probably because he stuck with the club while other turncoats including the coach didn't. Probably feels he put in a bit more than some.

Is he right?

Probably.

Is it a good attitude to carry.?

Definitely not.

Thing for us now is does he offer value within a more professional football operations/coaching structure, improved players group with better halves creating structure and space?

Probably.

If hypothetically we were in a GF and you asked me would I prefer Tupou or Noff.....I'd go Noff.

Last edited:
I guess he feels entitled.....probably because he stuck with the club while other turncoats including the coach didn't. Probably feels he put in a bit more than some.

Is he right?

Probably.

Is it a good attitude to carry.?

Definitely not.

Thing for us now is does he offer value within a more professional football operations/coaching structure, improved players group with better halves creating structure and space?

Probably.
And he remains the club's all-time leading try scorer.
Although attitude is everything.

Having dinners with Lee wouldn’t have helped. Maybe he was the plant to report back to the CEO.
He also got pushed to the background amongst all the coaching/signings rubbish happening over the last few years, and I think, as an attention seeker, he spat the dummy.

And he remains the club's all-time leading try scorer.
Although attitude is everything.
That's true.

But that type of personality normally likes to rise to the challenge.

There was a period a couple of years ago under Madge it almost felt like he was the only one putting in.

The old Roy would've worked wonders with him..

Could do with a few guys with a point to prove.

Reactions: 851
On the Olam blore situation Olam told he's not wanted blore told mid season to look elsewhere then told tiger's want to keep him then swap deal which didn't happen now swap deal apparently back on both club's need to get it sorted asap there are two men that turn up to training not knowing if there coming or going to be honest poor by both club's let these men no were they stand

Reactions: 851
Confirmation that Penrith have waived the 10 day cooling off period for Jarome Luai.

Expect an announcement tomorrow. Can’t believe the pictured quote in the article relates to our club.

1704186531975.png

Confirmation that Penrith have waived the 10 day cooling off period for Jarome Luai.

Expect an announcement tomorrow. Can’t believe the pictured quote in the article relates to our club.

View attachment 9243
This was news 10 days ago….nothing new here

View attachment 9243
We're growing up

I hope we are looking for some college talent in the USA when the NRL is there. Personally I like the look of Hingle McCringelberry and Javaris Jamar Javarison -Lamar.

He’s a risk. Keeps getting flagged for 3 pumps.

It was speculation 10 days ago, contract was lodged today, that’s why Penrith are waiving… today.
Is that how it works?
To kick off the 10 day right of reply period the new club needs to lodge the contract to the nrl?
I thought the player and or manager just needs to advise his current club he is willing to accept X offer?

Is that how it works?
To kick off the 10 day right of reply period the new club needs to lodge the contract to the nrl?
I thought the player and or manager just needs to advise his current club he is willing to accept X offer?
Let’s not mate. This is deadset turning into a Stooges routine trying fo analyse this rubbish.

Back