Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He joined us after getting the flick from the Panthers. Was doing well, but with Covid shutting down the season it would have been real hard for all those part time players. I'd have him back if he wanted another shot, but only at the right price.

93777264_3604619582887876_39198856545566720_n.jpg
what do you think the right price is? he won't come cheap... and would you consider Terrell and (gulp) Tyrone?

May bros have that bad-boy edge to them but I believe we get that in the Fainus already. We have a lot of good young mids coming through and already a few midget wingers on our books. All of the May brothers have some pretty neat skills, yes including Tyrone (he has a really good passing game). But I feel we are pretty well equipped in their respective positions. Let the bulldogs overpay this time!
Passing dodgy videos around among his mates. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What about the Willison rumour from a couple of months ago?
Looks like Pangai Jnr possibly back at Broncos.
Could be X Factor young front rower we need over next 2-3 seasons (or more) now with a spot open in Top 30.

Help depth in front row stocks.
Good call tiger. I think he will be a great player and go on to play rep. would have played a lot more first grade already had he not been stuck behind one of the best packs in the comp

We need to be realistic with expectations.

When people are saying we are ok in the backs is strange especially after back to back spoons (which many of these have been apart of) and then referencing players who haven’t played an NRL game (1 hasn’t played league for years) whilst referencing another who couldn’t crack the Dragons squad last year despite the injury run they had.

Like let’s be real here….

I’m all for giving the kids a crack but take the pressure off them - for anyone right now to say our backs are fine isn’t right on how things are currently.

Morris & Benji have alot of work ahead of them to get the best out of these kids to become an attacking & defensive NRL quality players some are thinking they are.
In excited because I think every single player will improve because they will have halves that will organise them and give them decent ball .. we came last because we’re cruelled for years by a half that actively dragged the players around him down .

Less than 6 months ago .. Pangai Jnr tore up his $750K contract with the Dogs to go boxing .. now the Broncos want to pick up Pangai for around $350K .. i would love to see the NRL grow some balls and say to the Broncos .. sorry he's worth $750K .. that's what you pay .. !!
That's what the nrl should do every time a player knocks back a contract and plays for less else where. There's 1 metric enforced to spread the talent and its made a mockery of.

Has been playing A grade in Mackay local comp, no backward step. Good comp up there, a lot of former nrl players . A mate of mine was involved in coaching the side - Maggie’s, spoke highly of him, as did other players in that comp, other coaches. Well advance well, cows, sharks, were after him as well.

Think a lot of people on here are to obsessed in the next big thing in the game and look too hard and critique, never played the game. What’s exciting is that young men want to come to our club, decent young men.
Agreed , and the kids coming throug my are impressive , well spoken footy heads that seem to love THIS CLUB . Tallyn dreamed of playing for the tigers , Kit laiullil looks to be an absolute leader in the mould of Cameron Murray IMO , Galvin and Willett and yes the Mackay kid, Neremiah Jones all look to be the nucleus of something special hopefully

Last edited:
what do you think the right price is? he won't come cheap... and would you consider Terrell and (gulp) Tyrone?
It's tough, he's proven nothing so anyone is paying him on potential. I'd offer both he and Taylan 400k each, if they both sign, package deal. I think at least one of them will kick on.

No chance in hell anyone touches Tyrone.
Well maybe Manly or the roosters.

In excited because I think every single player will improve because they will have halves that will organise them and give them decent ball .. we came last because we’re cruelled for years by a half that actively dragged the players around him down .

I’m excited by what could be possible but also realistic in what this squad can deliver in 24.

One edge agree - Elford & Fitzy no frills players. Fitzy started his NRL gig in 02 & Elford had 70 games under his belt + part of the panthers winning squad (not GF winning team).

Other edge disagree - Richards was a strike weapon & Fatts was a premiership international center.

2005 has been proven to be a total fluke year given what happened after it & hope we don’t aim to repeat that 20yr run again.
I agree the title in 2005 was unexpected, especially half way through the year. But the lowest winning margin in our 4 finals game was 8 points against the Dragons. We put on 50 odd against the Cowboys, then beat Brisbane by 20 odd. Saints in the prelim and winning margin of 14 in the grand final - no fluke in those games. 2006 - 2009 were let downs I will agree.

I’m excited by what could be possible but also realistic in what this squad can deliver in 24.

I think the new players in key positions this year, make the 2024 Tigers a very different animal from last year.

I think we will see basic kick and chase and big D. Benji will work on the extra man in attack with positioning. Bula is a weapon.

I doubt Benji will encourage higher risk plays until D is sorted.

And I hope salad can kick to no man’s land. I’m over this kicking to the fullback we’ve been addicted to since time immemorial.

I know, but he was scoring at the same clip in the NRL though. I hope he comes back and proves a few wrong at some stage. Alex Johnson is no star defender and he’s a career try scorer with all time records in his sights.
I'm with you on French. He wouldn't cost a lot and would be more than just cover.

Can also play in the positions that are generally expensive to get decent depth. Fullback being the main one.

For $250k a year, it's good value.

Many will say he'll block juniors, but if they're good enough, they will surpass him. If he's blocking juniors, then the juniors aren't up to it yet.

I'm with you on French. He wouldn't cost a lot and would be more than just cover.

Can also play in the positions that are generally expensive to get decent depth. Fullback being the main one.

For $250k a year, it's good value.

Many will say he'll block juniors, but if they're good enough, they will surpass him. If he's blocking juniors, then the juniors aren't up to it yet.
I’d swap him for a few of our outside backs in a heartbeat. We’re plucking blokes who haven’t excelled in rah rah.

I think the new players in key positions this year, make the 2024 Tigers a very different animal from last year.

I think we will see basic kick and chase and big D. Benji will work on the extra man in attack with positioning. Bula is a weapon.

I doubt Benji will encourage higher risk plays until D is sorted.

And I hope salad can kick to no man’s land. I’m over this kicking to the fullback we’ve been addicted to since time immemorial.
Salad 😅😅 I didn't get Romey but I get this one!

Back