Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He could be great. Looks built for footy. Where is he?
He was on the sideline supporting the NSW Cup boys against Canberra a fortnight ago, so either can't make the Cup team atm with Lobb & Alaimalo holding the wings or in final stages of conditioning for a return after ACL 13 months ago.

Does anybody know if our Cup players will drop back to Ron Massey Cup with Ryde Eastwood if not selected that week for Cup?

The forgotten man at the moment is TDS, he is going to need some bench time to keep him interested. So how they manage Latu,Bud and TDS is not going to be easy.
Ive mentioned before that a mate from work is best mates with tallyns dad, from what he has told me is tallyn has no interest in going anywhere absolutely loves the tigers always has so that could be the biggest key to keeping him long term. He's happy to learn his craft and get game time when he can. That and the fact he's learning of 2 of the best hookers to lace up a boot is definitely in our favour

Ive mentioned before that a mate from work is best mates with tallyns dad, from what he has told me is tallyn has no interest in going anywhere absolutely loves the tigers
While I don’t doubt that is true, all of that could change if rival clubs start throwing big money around.

Ive mentioned before that a mate from work is best mates with tallyns dad, from what he has told me is tallyn has no interest in going anywhere absolutely loves the tigers always has so that could be the biggest key to keeping him long term. He's happy to learn his craft and get game time when he can. That and the fact he's learning of 2 of the best hookers to lace up a boot is definitely in our favour
Thanks for sharing.

If we somehow start 2025 with the following backline then I think we will be in for a fun year:

1 Bula
2 Staines
3 Lomax
4 Olam
5 Fox
I agree about Lomax but not at any, inflated price -> IMHO, anything above $400k for him is too much for what he offers as a centre.
We are not anymore forced to sign anyone just because they are 20% better from what we have ATM. So, we must consider players that would have the real, immediate impact e.g. Manu, Crichton et al or consider cheaper, young, fast, aggressive centres.

Re the LW, I prefer Koroibete to JAC ;)

While I don’t doubt that is true, all of that could change if rival clubs start throwing big money around.
100% mate completely agree. Itd be hard to say no to the big money. From all reports he sounds like a really top kid and he's old boy is a really great bloke and old school tigers fan. Hopefully that will be enough to keep him when the big money does get thrown around. I rate him very highly and hope we can hang on to him the club have big wraps on him so hopefully they have something sorted for him before he goes off contract

Sport Confidential: Zac Lomax push to exit the Dragons intensifies​

St George Illawarra have drawn up their wishlist of Zac Lomax replacement targets and top of the list are a Parramatta excitement machine and a Melbourne man mountain

The Dragons could be enticed to let Lomax go immediately should a rival club propose a player swap. They wouldn’t hesitate if the Eels would be prepared to part with emerging young gun Blaize Talagi but that would be at long odds from occurring.

St George Illawarra are also aware of growing unrest regarding Nelson Asofa-Solomona at the Storm.

——-

Hmmmm

Sport Confidential: Zac Lomax push to exit the Dragons intensifies​

St George Illawarra have drawn up their wishlist of Zac Lomax replacement targets and top of the list are a Parramatta excitement machine and a Melbourne man mountain

The Dragons could be enticed to let Lomax go immediately should a rival club propose a player swap. They wouldn’t hesitate if the Eels would be prepared to part with emerging young gun Blaize Talagi but that would be at long odds from occurring.

St George Illawarra are also aware of growing unrest regarding Nelson Asofa-Solomona at the Storm.

——-

Hmmmm
I can pretty much guarantee we'll be in the mix.... time will tell.

I agree. It's the $$$ that Lomax will want that concerns me especially with decent $$$ tied up with another centre in Olam. And we need to be mindful that a Makasini & Onitoni Large could be pushing for a centre spot within 2 years.
Olam will be 31 this year - doubt he'll be getting in the way of Maksini & Large as they're still a couple years away.

Lomax will be signing of the year if he somehow came to us this year.... that's my prediction if it was to be pulled off. People also turn a blind eye to him as an aerial threat, him and Seizer could do some special things as a combination. Along with his goal kicking abilities which is always a benefit.

so who would you suggest the Tigers are trading ?
Simpkin but I think Flannagan will want TDS..... the club will laugh it off however don't get it twisted.

If it was me I'd offer them Junior Tupou on a season loan as they'll need some depth in the backline. Flannagan doesn't want the spoon, he wants success THIS season.

Because if Lomax gets this release....... what do you think Ben Hunt will do end of the year if they finish last.

Simpkin but I think Flannagan will want TDS..... the club will laugh it off however don't get it twisted.

If it was me I'd offer them Junior Tupou on a season loan as they'll need some depth in the backline. Flannagan doesn't want the spoon, he wants success THIS season.

I would have agreed Topou… but I’m inclined to keep him now after last week for the rest of the season ,,,

it really depends on how much Lomax is screaming to get out ( seems a lot) and what other clubs are offerin…. Maybe they take Simpkin .. would be convenient for us wouldnt it…

Because if Lomax gets this release....... what do you think Ben Hunt will do end of the year if they finish last.
It's a little out there because we just brought him in, but what about trading them bud? You think they'd have any interest in that?

Latest posts

Back