Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Richo states we are looking for 2-3 players.

I would suggest a 1 x back, 1 x front rower & 1 x lock.

That's we currently need IMO.

2025 kinda looks like this.

Who knows if we keep Sullivan?

Below names are currently confirmed for 2025.

1. J Bula/ H Mason
2. C Staines/A Lobb
3. S Faataape/S Toa/* New Signing
4. J Olam/J Feledy/S Saukuru
5. B Naden/L Laulili
6. L Galvin/L Fainu
7. J Luai/A Sezer
8. S Utoiukamanu
9. A Korosaui/T Da Silva
10. D Klemmer
11. I Papailli
12. J Bateman
13. C Faagutu/F Pole/*New Signing
14. J Sullivan???
15. S Fainu/K Laulili/T Sukkar
16. A Twal/J Miller/*New Signing
17. A Seyfarth/J Matamua

Back - Who knows, will be interesting one for me.

Multiple front row/middle/lock options I think we could consider.

Yeah Lomax gives me Hastings vibes. Sounds like a knob. Good player. But a knob.

Our squad seems like there are good vibes atm.
You reckon we’re in a position to have a no deck heads policy yet? I reckon we should always have that policy. So is lomax a deck head or is he sick of that loser team, never makes the finals and has a new coach every week, and he just wants to come to the Tigers to play finals with stability in in the coaching dept. 😁

You reckon we’re in a position to have a no deck heads policy yet? I reckon we should always have that policy. So is lomax a deck head or is he sick of that loser team, never makes the finals and has a new coach every week, and he just wants to come to the Tigers to play finals with stability in in the coaching dept. 😁
From the little I know about Flanagan at the Sharks, he had good player management skills (despite the obvious issue). According to that article from Foxsports I posted, Flanagan told Lomax that based on stats he is the 23rd or 24th ranked centre in the NRL. His motivation for moving can be debated, but Flanagan said he didn't want to be at the club.

The narrative that Adam Doueihi is 'slow' seems to be more fable than fact.

I seem to remember him running down Tommy Turbo before hurting himself last season.
He surprised plenty of people that day but he does not have explosive acceleration and probably has even less now after his 3rd ACL tear.

It took him a bit of time to wind up and get up to speed over a fairly long distance.

There is no doubt that he is a dangerous and fairly powerful runner with ball in hand and if he can make a come back he could go okay at centre or lock if his knee could somehow take it, but in either case he would need to greatly improve his defence.

It will be interesting to see whether we re-sign him to some sort of a deal or if we cut him loose because I believe that Benji and Richo really like him, personally I could not believe the risk that we took giving him the one year extension before the season had even started last year.

1. J Bula/ H Mason
2. C Staines/A Lobb
5. B Naden/L Laulili
6. L Galvin/L Fainu
7. J Luai/A Sezer
8. S Utoiukamanu
9. A Korosaui/T Da Silva
10. D Klemmer
11. I Papailli
12. J Bateman
14. J Sullivan???
17. A Seyfarth/J Matamua

I don't think we will be bringing in a front rower or lock based on Richo's previous comments. When pulling out of the AFB race he indicated that we were well stocked in the middle forwards and did not want to block the path of the young guys coming through.

Prop - Klemmer, Stefano, Pole, Seyfarth, Samuela Fainu, Sione Fainu (if re-signed), Twal and Jordan Miller would take up 8 of the top 30 spots with Faagutu also able to play front row.

Lock - Kit Lauilii, Matamua and Faagutu are all top 30 next season with Pole and Seyfarth also able to play there. I believe Pole and Seyfarth are being used as make shift locks until one of the three kids emerges.

Based on the current squad, you would have to assume that we are looking at 2 wingers/centres and 1 backrower. Outside of Papalii and Bateman we lack depth and experience in the second row. Tupou will need to be replaced and To'a and Staines are probably the least convincing first grades in our first 13.

He surprised plenty of people that day but he does not have explosive acceleration and probably has even less now after his 3rd ACL tear.

It took him a bit of time to wind up and get up to speed over a fairly long distance.

There is no doubt that he is a dangerous and fairly powerful runner with ball in hand and if he can make a come back he could go okay at centre or lock if his knee could somehow take it, but in either case he would need to greatly improve his defence.

It will be interesting to see whether we re-sign him to some sort of a deal or if we cut him loose because I believe that Benji and Richo really like him, personally I could not believe the risk that we took giving him the one year extension before the season had even started last year.
I think if Doueihi can rehabilitate his knee and perhaps play one or two games before the end of the year, he will be in a strong position to land a new contact as a half with another club. With the shortage of halves in the NRL, he could be in a position to do well.

Surely my next year Douehi will be a fit center
Trying to imagine the team gives some selection headaches of the kind we haven't had for a while !
My team
1.Bula
2.Staines
3.Douehi
4.Olam
5.Naden
6.Luai
7.Galvin
8.Utoikimano
9.Korisau
10.Klemmer
11.Bateman
12.Papalii
13.Pole
14.Sezer
15.Sam Fainu
16.Latu Fainu
17.Seyfarth
18.Twal
So basically I'm having trouble fitting all who deserve in !
Like Sezer -much needed experience
Like Sullivan - supposed great attacking half
Like Latu - the star of the future
Like Twal - a long term defensive rock
Like Feledy Lobb Saukuru Mason Laulili and any other lower grade star who truly deserves to graduate in 2025

Main problem is the halves have to fit
Jerome Luai - Lachlan Galvin -Aiden Sezer - Bud Sullivan and Latu Fainu into 2 spots
5 into 2 won't go ? What's our main pair next year ?

Looks like he’s signed, sealed and delivered to Parra. This was already lined up before he asked for a release. Don’t think it was ever a race.
I think you're on the money. looking at the Parramatta forum Arthur has been chasing him for years and have always been keen to have him on board. a couple of their ITK posters have said that he's agreed to terms.

I was critical of olam thought we bought a busted storm reject, deadset wrong his defence is sensational compared to last year he wqs ordinary in that storm semi final
Olam's defence is good; But i think Benji/Morris have stressed to the centres to slide with your opposite and the winger stay on the winger and not run in. Trust your centres to do their job with the help of the forwards also drifting in cover. We haven't done that in years.
Centres/wingers have had a field day for a long time getting the overlap with our undisciplined defence.

Surely my next year Douehi will be a fit center
Trying to imagine the team gives some selection headaches of the kind we haven't had for a while

Let's see how Doueihi goes on the comeback trail,
I still think he has something to offer the club 4 sure.

Lomax is a flop, he belongs in Parramatta smh. This signing might be the 1 to finally undo BA haha

1. J Bula/ H Mason
2. C Staines/A Lobb
5. B Naden/L Laulili
6. L Galvin/L Fainu
7. J Luai/A Sezer
8. S Utoiukamanu
9. A Korosaui/T Da Silva
10. D Klemmer
11. I Papailli
12. J Bateman
14. J Sullivan???
17. A Seyfarth/J Matamua

Good analysis. He also said we need some 'cream' in the outside backs whilst need a couple more worker types (I forget how he put it) in the forwards.

I agree with positions you outlined except I think in the forwards we need a hooker utility as I doubt Jake Simpkin will be re-signed (think a Jazz Tevaga, Bayley Sironen or John Asiata type on the bench who can also play lock or backrow).

I reckon the prop will depend how Sione Fainu develops by season's end. May not need one except a good backup on a T&T contract (maybe Lui Toso keeps improving). Hopefully Faagutu, Jordan Miller, Aho, Herman progress & impress over the next 4 months.

That is some strategising deep thought. And you are right. Which begs the question "Who did Souths spend their Cap on?" Latrell must be taking up some decent coin (remember he reportedly took less than the Roosters deal and of course our offer. But who apart from an ageing Cody Walker would demand Marque coin at the Bunnies? Cook is old, Burgess is old, Arrow is always injured, Graham is injured, Murray is OK but will crash and burn like Crichton through his workload. Taane Milne - thank you very much - the mystery Souffs star on mega McMuffin dollars!
They have Latrell and Murray both on a million, then walker, Cook, and Wighton on big money too, and then the likes of Graham, Arrow, KK and Johnston also on decent coin. That's where it all goes... On rep players

Back