Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't recall Staines ever having a great game for us. Can't even recall instances of outstanding play. I'm sure he's performed at minimum 1st grade level at times. That's how I see Charlie; as a 1st grade squad level player. Probably above reserve grade level but not by much. I take the point made by others that he would perform better in a better team. I think you could say that about every player.

I don’t mind him staying on for depth in NSW Cup. Lets not lose sight of the fact we lack in that regard.

I don’t think clubs would exactly be knocking down his door anyway.

Okay nice so confirms my thinking there will be 28 signed and only 2 spots left if we sign Turuva and keep Stefano.

I didn't know we only had 29 / 30 this year. Was that from when we got rid of Nofa?
Yeah, pretty sure Nofa leaving left that spot free.

The fact that multiple people can remember the specific game shows how often Charlie does that.

Do you guys remember every game that Junior dropped the ball and stifled our momentum last year? I don't but that's just because after he did it a few weeks in a row I stopped counting.
Tell me when in his time with us we have Seen him beat his opposite winger and go tearing down the sideline with that great speed he possesses, if it was once, I missed it.

And when defending he seems to be not there.

Sorry, but I would rate him as one of the worst Wingers in the NRL.

Tell me when in his time with us we have Seen him beat his opposite winger and go tearing down the sideline with that great speed he possesses, if it was once, I missed it.

And when defending he seems to be not there.

Sorry, but I would rate him as one of the worst Wingers in the NRL.
This is why I was saying earlier that signing a good centre to play inside Charlie will improve him. He has played what, 15 games for us total? How many times has his centre given him good ball in that time? He's had 5 or 6 centre partners total in that time too.

Edit: And played a couple games of fullback too. You guys act like Charlie has been here disappointing for years.

This is why I was saying earlier that signing a good centre to play inside Charlie will improve him. He has played what, 15 games for us total? How many times has his centre given him good ball in that time? He's had 5 or 6 centre partners total in that time too.

Edit: And played a couple games of fullback too. You guys act like Charlie has been here disappointing for years.
We all tend to forget Staines has come back from a very serious injury which takes time to overcome and regain confidence. IMO he is a fine player.

We all tend to forget Staines has come back from a very serious injury which takes time to overcome and regain confidence. IMO he is a fine player.
Agreed. I'm not even saying he is a great winger or a game breaker. He's not the kind of player to win you a game but he's also not the type to lose it for you either. We have multiple other positions to worry about before flicking Staines.

Good news if the Turuva signing is true. Fixes one of our issues for 2025. Still need at least one, possibly two, high-quality wingers. Staines can do a job but yet to see him do anything more than that.

Turuva has agreed to join Wests Tigers on 3 year deal worth $1.3M, told team mates today, according to Chammas in SMH.

---

Panthers winger Sunia Turuva has agreed to terms to join the Wests Tigers, informing Penrith team-mates on Thursday of his decision to leave the club at the end of the season.

Turuva will join the Tigers in 2025 on a three-year deal worth $1.3 million. The Fijian international knocked back an offer from the Dragons.

Turuva is first cousins with Tigers captain Api Koroisau and also has a strong relationship with incoming recruit Jarome Luai.

The Dragons’ offer was between $400,000 and $600,000 per season, with position incentives built into the contract.

Penrith were unwilling to spend more than $350,000 to keep Turuva at the club considering the depth in the outside backs they have coming through their junior system.

Also, having Bateman as lock could solve our issues in the middle.

IE. Prop rotation is Klem/Stef starting replaced by Twal/Pole (best positions). We could have Latu Fainu on the bench to give Bateman a spell late in the game with fresh legs, creating another attacking threat without draining him with all the defence. And then Seyfarth as replacement for 2nd row (probably Sam Fainu).

And that's using our current players. Who knows, we may snag Fifita by then which changes everything... ;)

Turuva has agreed to join Wests Tigers on 3 year deal worth $1.3M, told team mates today, according to Chammas in SMH.

---

Panthers winger Sunia Turuva has agreed to terms to join the Wests Tigers, informing Penrith team-mates on Thursday of his decision to leave the club at the end of the season.

Turuva will join the Tigers in 2025 on a three-year deal worth $1.3 million. The Fijian international knocked back an offer from the Dragons.

Turuva is first cousins with Tigers captain Api Koroisau and also has a strong relationship with incoming recruit Jarome Luai.

The Dragons’ offer was between $400,000 and $600,000 per season, with position incentives built into the contract.

Penrith were unwilling to spend more than $350,000 to keep Turuva at the club considering the depth in the outside backs they have coming through their junior system.

I love how these articles always include the $$$...
Like he went to training and said, I'm going to the Tigers for 450k a year...

I see Tito as a Fullback at some point....
With a signing like this, I wonder if there's any heat on Jahream

---

Happy with this. If the price quoted is accurate its a good deal too. Good winger money or average centre money. Keeping some heat on Bula too. Benji continuing to make moves

Latest posts

Members online

Back