Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I agree that a winger + lock makes our 1 - 17 look top 8. I think our biggest problem becomes our depth though. Our 22 - 30 has no experience at all.

Samuela & Bateman out the other week was really felt, same with Galvin over his 2 weeks.
Agree. With the Panthers boys coming it’s starting to look like a much better environment to blood our strong juniors coming through though 🙌

Sivo is contracted for next year so he's not going to take any deal for 2024 only. Also he's not first grade standard anymore. Would be a complete waste of a roster spot.
I doubt we’d have much left in the cap for a seasoned winger. Think we need to unearth a young inexpensive Jack Bostock type of winger.

Hopefully Stef for upgrade and extra 3 or 4 years
Where is all the love for Stef coming from all of a sudden. He was one of the most criticised players over the summer. Was constantly stated how much he needed to lift and to take some angry pills. I remember it specifically because I couldn’t believe that our only Orign player was copping it.

I agree that a winger + lock makes our 1 - 17 look top 8. I think our biggest problem becomes our depth though. Our 22 - 30 has no experience at all.

Samuela & Bateman out the other week was really felt, same with Galvin over his 2 weeks.
Yes still need player for the 13 with some top grade experience , , Nado , Staines , Lobb , To,a. Should be able to over the other wing you would think

Where is all the love for Stef coming from all of a sudden. He was one of the most criticised players over the summer. Was constantly stated how much he needed to lift and to take some angry pills. I remember it specifically because I couldn’t believe that our only Orign player was copping it.
Mate I’m a fan of Stef , he did need to lift a bit and has done so and I feel he will become one of the best props in the game , he is still getting his body right to take the constant hits , end of this year he will be a stand out , just my opinion

Penrith just resigned and upgraded promising young forward Luron Patea (Prop) until the end of 2027. Don’t want to read into it too much but maybe Penrith don’t think they’ll be able to land Stefano and have opted to stick with a local junior. No outside knowledge or anything like others pretend, just a thought.
Stef should see progress happening with the signings we've recently made.

Because, he is finally coming good and is only 24 in May.

He can be a weapon for us and the New 2025 Wests Tigers.

Lock Him In

I’ve always said he’s young and potentially a top 2-3 prop behind Haas. I haven’t changed that view.

Reactions: 851
Don't you agree he is playing better this year than last year?
A mental thing; you have to believe that things are building for the better The club overall is on the up.
So collectively, get on board

Reactions: 851
With Turuva in the backline, we are genuinely one decent winger away from top 8. If we can develop one of the young guns into a 13, there's no reason we shouldn't be challenging for a finals spot next season especially with Penrith losing some players.

1. Bula
2. Naden/To'a/Staines (Fighting it out for the spot)
3. Turuva
4. Olam
5. (New Signing)
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Matamua/Kit/Fa'agutu

14. Latu Fainu
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Samuela Fainu
I wouldn’t be surprised if SAM F forces his way into the run on side, we’ll see how he handles srf this weekend and if he goes well he’s gunna be good for us playing fr and srf, on the bench or run on. I’m loving how he developing.

Whose Next....
1: extension for Stefano
2: sign Trey Mooney from Canberra (off contract) as part of our middles rotation. Important with Klemmer only 1-2 years left in him.
3: strong, experienced, metre-eating, good finishing, reasonably fast & agile winger (likely a Cotric or Valemei given who may be available)

I’ve got a weird one here but I was just going through some of our backs and a little devil on my shoulder told me something.

How would Starford Toa fair as a winger. Now before we grab the pitchforks let’s have a little looksie. Now in no way am I saying that Toa and To’o (yes Brian) are on the same stratosphere but I do believe Toa could have a similar impact.

They have pretty similar builds with Toa being a couple centimetres shorter but negligible in weight. They have a similar run style in a strong fend and tough carries, it would also eliminate the amount of defensive pressure he is under as he does tend to miss tackles and have lapses in defence.

All you have to do is go back to the Knights 2020 season on the wing and he was outstanding, now granted he had KP feeding him good ball but he was still great regardless.

Tough carries out of our end is what we need and suffer greatly in. I mean Tupou is the only one with a good carry but he has an error in him and he is leaving. We all know Toa has potential, all you have to do is look back at the cowboys game. It’s just like every other back we have, he fails to find consistency.

Now I’m not expecting him to play like that every week but I still believe he has a place in our backline hopefully. Thoughts?

I’ve got a weird one here but I was just going through some of our backs and a little devil on my shoulder told me something.

How would Starford Toa fair as a winger. Now before we grab the pitchforks let’s have a little looksie. Now in no way am I saying that Toa and To’o (yes Brian) are on the same stratosphere but I do believe Toa could have a similar impact.

They have pretty similar builds with Toa being a couple centimetres shorter but negligible in weight. They have a similar run style in a strong fend and tough carries, it would also eliminate the amount of defensive pressure he is under as he does tend to miss tackles and have lapses in defence.

All you have to do is go back to the Knights 2020 season on the wing and he was outstanding, now granted he had KP feeding him good ball but he was still great regardless.

Tough carries out of our end is what we need and suffer greatly in. I mean Tupou is the only one with a good carry but he has an error in him and he is leaving. We all know Toa has potential, all you have to do is look back at the cowboys game. It’s just like every other back we have, he fails to find consistency.

Now I’m not expecting him to play like that every week but I still believe he has a place in our backline hopefully. Thoughts?
Can't be any worse than our man Tupou

Back