Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No. Unimaginable. Why would you want to keep probably the most in form back rower in the comp??? And what of his property investments, petrol card, VIP card to life and playing semi final football. In fact - when was the last time any Roosters player signed with us??? Ian Schubert??
Do you know they just signed David Fifita? Seems like they're "upgrading"

Angus Crichton won’t play for another NRL team. He’s been linked with Union anyway so I reckon there’s a strong chance he’ll go to Union. If he doesn’t they’ll find a way to keep him, he won’t play for another NRL team.
You don't even think he'd go back to the club he chopped a finger off to play for?

I actually think Sitili Tupouniua & Toby Rudolf are realistic.

Sili especially if the iPap move to lock is a success to sure up our senior backrow stocks.

Rudolf given Sharks will have too many middles next year with AFB coming & he would relieve cap space. He is also managed by Richo's son's company.
I don’t think Rudolf is a realistic signing for us, not sure about Sitili he is contracted with them until 2027 so I imagine he must be involved somehow in their plans. If Sharks are gonna lose middles I reckon Oregon Kafusi and Royce Hunt are the ones on the outer. Rudolf and AFB are their starters and Hazleton and Hamlin-Uele I see as their bench props.

Angus Crichton won’t play for another NRL team. He’s been linked with Union anyway so I reckon there’s a strong chance he’ll go to Union. If he doesn’t they’ll find a way to keep him, he won’t play for another NRL team.

And if fit enough - come back to Roosters like Manu and Suali. They know where home is... dont cut off the hand that feeds you right??

Reactions: 851
You don't even think he'd go back to the club he chopped a finger off to play for?
In their current state he wouldn’t if he’s smart. From what I heard he left because he was pissed about Madge getting the sack but whether that’s true I don’t know. But after being with the Roosters for so long I highly doubt he leave them to play for another NRL team again. If he’s walking away from them he’s walking away from League in general.

In their current state he wouldn’t if he’s smart. From what I heard he left because he was pissed about Madge getting the sack but whether that’s true I don’t know. But after being with the Roosters for so long I highly doubt he leave them to play for another NRL team again. If he’s walking away from them he’s walking away from League in general.
I agree that his most like destination if not staying at the Roosters is Union.

However, I could see him staying in league and playing for another team. Many would of also said Pearce would never leave Roosters, but they upgraded to a shiny new toy even though he was going well so he left.

However, I could see him staying in league and playing for another team. Many would have also said Pearce would never leave Roosters, but they upgraded to a shiny new toy even though he was going well so he left.
I can’t remember if Pearce was off contract anyway after they signed Cronk but yes they did upgrade and even so Pearce was starting on the decline at the time anyway so for the Roosters it worked out. But I just don’t see Crichton staying in League if he’s not gonna be at the Roosters. Don’t get me wrong for now we should at least be keeping tabs, but I just don’t think he’s gonna play against them.

The Roosters make me sick !
Unlike the Storm who find hidden talent and develop it !
No the Rorters simply attract the top names in the game !
2yesrs ago they get Brandon Smith at the time the hottest one going around
1 year ago they get Dom Young at the time the hottest winger going around and now
They of course get DAVID FAFITA !
Uncle Nick persuasive .I wonder whether attractive deals on eastern suburbs real estate
has something to do with it
This method doesn't require eagle eye talent scouts just the usual uneven playing field !

However, I could see him staying in league and playing for another team. Many would of also said Pearce would never leave Roosters, but they upgraded to a shiny new toy even though he was going well so he left.
No Rugby club is gonna pay huge $$ for an untried and untested in Union 29yo with fairly recent head issues and absolutely no pre determined position.
Centre..never played there...no 7 ..nup...Hes just a prospect...
at 29 not worth the risk
..and it sure wont be the wanabees who have been burnt by Suali
Im calling the Rugby thing for total BS
..but theres a real possibility Uncle Nick can still squeeze him into the cap with Fifita..maybe sharing that view over Bondi beach in a 2br apartment...and seperate Ford Mustangs..and..

I don’t think Rudolf is a realistic signing for us, not sure about Sitili he is contracted with them until 2027 so I imagine he must be involved somehow in their plans. If Sharks are gonna lose middles I reckon Oregon Kafusi and Royce Hunt are the ones on the outer. Rudolf and AFB are their starters and Hazleton and Hamlin-Uele I see as their bench props.
I would take both Hunt and Kafusi if I could get them , remove Twally and Seyfarts and Bud plus 7 from our poor performing reserve grade , get the cash buy these 2 then chase a few better options than our current reserve grade players , we need reserve grade to be top 8 every year to bring through top liners to first grade , I know it sounds easy , but that’s what we need

And a leader.... someone to back Api on the field and Benji off the field... Galvin needs more time.... just hope Api sticks around a bit longer... next year is his last year officially with us....

Tyrone Sloan is off contract at Dragons and commencing discussions to stay. He has improved remarkably under Flanagan both on-field and with his attitude. He admitted he thought he was better than he was so it is really good to know he has matured as a player. Reported on Win 4 news.

I would take both Hunt and Kafusi if I could get them , remove Twally and Seyfarts and Bud plus 7 from our poor performing reserve grade , get the cash buy these 2 then chase a few better options than our current reserve grade players , we need reserve grade to be top 8 every year to bring through top liners to first grade , I know it sounds easy , but that’s what we need
I would be willing to take a punt on Kafusi, not sure on Hunt. If Hunt did come I would be willing to take a chance but I just don’t think he would be a priority.

Let’s think about how the Roosters can afford Fifita next year ?
They have the following off their books next year.

Manu
Keary
Wearea Hargreaves
Suaalii

There should be more signings coming for the Roosters.

I call that good Cap Management

Let’s think about how the Roosters can afford Fifita next year ?
They have the following off their books next year.

Manu
Keary
Wearea Hargreaves
Suaalii

There should be more signings coming for the Roosters.

I call that good Cap Management
Will be

Back