Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Iam sure the Chooks latest signing is within their cap and legal. I think what I hate is the way they target the elite and do nothing for the game at the grass roots. They will argue that they develop a ton of kids, what they don’t tell you is they plundered these kids from other teams systems.

Been said a million times before but teams have to be rewarded for developing talent and teams like the Chooks should have a cap penalty for signing players from outside their system.

Of course people will argue that why punish teams from being successful , my response, is how did they get successful

I know Ted is getting long in the tooth but he's still
a weapon. That back 3 of Tedesco, Nawaqanitawase
and Dom young is very well equipped. They just need
to replace Keary by seasons end. Hope they don't
bother us or our boys but easts are on the up I h8 it

Our halves next year will be on less than Brooks + Doueihi last year.
We were gonna offer AFB 800k+ but can't top Stefano up a bit extra without breaking the bank?

Also did you know Jake Simpkin is being paid quite a decent chunk? Same with Blore, it's not like swapping him for Olam really changed the way our cap looked.
This may be true for our starting halves (assuming we don't upgrade Galvin) but last year our back up was just Wakeham on minimum wage. It is now Sullivan and Fainu reportedly on a combined $1mil.

I will repeat what I have highlighted previously.
We need more corporate boxes and more bums on seats, ie. a decent stadium.
Richo recognises that and that is what he is aiming for. More $$$$ coming in.

Then we can have our own brown paper bags and spend less from the cap!

More golf days, sombreros for everyone. But it will take time. I love LO but if you are serious about wanting to win a NRL comp. we must at least match the other top contenders in collecting the dollars to achieve this = brown paper bags, incentives over the cap, the cream we don't appear to be able to match. Or am I just dreaming?
Pascoe had the same idea, tried it at two different stadiums, still failed.

I watched the Roosters Siua Wong
last year thinking he would make a very good edge forward but watching his last game of the bench he seems bigger and slower this year (much like papalii)
and would really struggle to play 80 minutes.
Still think he would be a good acquisition to our forward rotation.
As been mentioned he might be a bit cheaper and if he is not getting many runs in the Roosters 17 he might be interested in moving on.
Unfortunately I think other clubs would also be interested if that ends up the case.

I will repeat what I have highlighted previously.
We need more corporate boxes and more bums on seats, ie. a decent stadium.
Richo recognises that and that is what he is aiming for. More $$$$ coming in.

Then we can have our own brown paper bags and spend less from the cap!

More golf days, sombreros for everyone. But it will take time. I love LO but if you are serious about wanting to win a NRL comp. we must at least match the other top contenders in collecting the dollars to achieve this = brown paper bags, incentives over the cap, the cream we don't appear to be able to match. Or am I just dreaming?

You gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Saw a post saying the Rabbitohs are offering James Tamou a deal, bring him out of retirement.

Desperate.
lol surely not.
He is nicely retired, has made a heap of dough, and has a hot wife...and Ill give you the tip, an even hotter sister in law...hed be stupid to play again.

Chammas reporting Tupouniua is on 650K at Roosters and he barely gets game time (partly due to injury). Looks like a few clubs are interested in his signature. I think he's a bit underrated tbh and if he gets some consistency he could become a pretty good player

This may be true for our starting halves (assuming we don't upgrade Galvin) but last year our back up was just Wakeham on minimum wage. It is now Sullivan and Fainu reportedly on a combined $1mil.
Yes and Sullivan gets another chance to show what he’s got tomorrow.
Has a few weeks in Reggie’s helped or hindered him ?

Reactions: 851
He is getting an apartment in call massage therapist dental car petrol and grocery clothes shoes and one other thing can not remember the other thing my mate was telling me
That's what I got told too, several times. Salary officially on the books is legit and within the cap. But the players don't pay rent, get cars donated, get their teeth fixed, free suits, groceries delivered without paying, shouts at the bar, free financial advice, discounts on real estate, tip-offs at the horses etc. etc. Don't even mention the Colombian nose candy.

Basically don't pay a cent in living costs and introduced to all the right people to get things done for them, so long as they still good with the club and Uncle Nick.

Broncos have had the same thing via Thoroughbreds support.

Chammas reporting Tupouniua is on 650K at Roosters and he barely gets game time (partly due to injury). Looks like a few clubs are interested in his signature. I think he's a bit underrated tbh and if he gets some consistency he could become a pretty good player

He has hardly played for 3yrs and struggles to make 60mtrs a game. Has a very low work rate. He is exactly the type of player we should avoid & let the roosters keep him on the books instead go after one of the Butcher boys or Wong.

Pascoe had the same idea, tried it at two different stadiums, still failed.
We need to pester the NSW Gov for the $$$$. No club can afford those dollars.
They have gifted Penrith $350 mil. for a new stadium; and the one they have is already way better than what we have to put up with. Campbelltown and LO are below par for raking in extra $$$.
Qld get 40,000 to a club game. All bums on seats, gate takings and corporate boxes.

b

Latest posts

Members online

Back