Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’m saying he’s cooked. If he’s having hamstring problems already they will never get sorted. Look at Latrell, Turbo, Toa and all these other guys who have ongoing issues.

I forecast Latu Fainu will be a prop in 12 months.

One can gather such insight from looking at his player profile photo and the noticeable potential for fatness during offseason or injury plagues.
I watched him play reserve grade last year at 17 and 18 year old, he was already standing out

Why come after Tito BB? I’m talking about a player. Not you.

Dick head.
While everyone's entitled to their opinion, yours was so misguided it's actually quite offensive.

The kid is literally 18, still eligible for SG ball next year!!! The fact that he's anywhere near first grade is a testament to his incredible ability and work ethic.
Right now he's had a lingering fitness issue, he just needs to get his body right so he can play to his best when he comes back.

ANYONE that definitively writes off an 18 year old is not only reckless, but it's just mind bogglingly stupid. There's so much development physically and mentally still to come, and experience to be gained. Strange by comparison is a year older than Fainu and Galvin, a lot more time for his body to develop and to get used to elite training and contact.

Fainu was earning about $300k at manly I’m surprised he would move to the wooden spooners for $50k less than what he was on. I can believe he isn’t on $500k yet & will be upgraded as the years progress but does anyone have a link or remember an article saying $250k?
He wasn't earning 300k at Manly.

That was his maximum salary if performance targets and bonuses were achieved, which they weren't.

How much is guaranteed salary and how much are bonuses remains to be seen, it's hard to forecast contracts for these young prodigies. I believe his current contract maxes out at around 550k per season, maybe more if we play finals or he plays origin.

Just reading about how Billy Slater not interested in the Parra job, wants to stay on his Victorian farm with his family.
Very admirable but maybe it’s more because he’s building a nice little image as the new Gus Gould, and fear of failure in a week to week role may blow that castle down.
Come on Billy, step out of the Origin cocoon and show us what you’ve really got.

Let’s wait for the Origin team, that can change a lot.
I was also concerned to read about Galvin, is there anyone, apart from has beens and never was’, who want to stay.
Apart from Luai and API sorting out their retirement plans.
He's speculating out of nothing. It was only a few weeks ago Galvin said he loves the club & loves playing under Benji.

Let’s wait for the Origin team, that can change a lot.
I was also concerned to read about Galvin, is there anyone, apart from has beens and never was’, who want to stay.
Apart from Luai and API sorting out their retirement plans.
Cannot see anything but Stef extending with us. Connect the dots ...

1 he is part of the Samoa crew led by Luai. He will give a chance to the club progressing with Luai coming & no doubt in his ear to stay.
2 his manager also manages Ice. Do you reckon Richo would have been so forthcoming with a release if Stef wasn't going to commit?

I hope Luai helps us get a few more of the Samoan trouple over - one of Kaufusi or big Royce Hunt for more middle grunt; Connelly Lemuelu & Tim Lafai.

If we got them which isn't out of the realm of possibility, things a whole lot different in '25.

I swore Stef just recently again said he wants to stay with the tigers, but the time its taken for him to resign with us after he was announced to meet Richo a few weeks back is alarming. I'd imagine he'd be waiting to see if he makes origin or not. If he does, get a big money extension here. If not, go somewhere else for big money sooner

It seems like Stef’s would like to stay, but getting sick of being in a team that is out of finals contention before the halfway mark,
Unless he gets selected for NSW I think our best option would be getting him to extend for 2025 and hopefully see enough improvement for him to then wa t to stay long term.
Unless we sign at least 4 or 5 players that can positively contribute in 2025, we won’t improve much at all.

Just reading about how Billy Slater not interested in the Parra job, wants to stay on his Victorian farm with his family.
Very admirable but maybe it’s more because he’s building a nice little image as the new Gus Gould, and fear of failure in a week to week role may blow that castle down.
Come on Billy, step out of the Origin cocoon and show us what you’ve really got.
I had this talk with my mate this morning, he didn’t agree I said basically Joe blow could coach either state but give Billy a nrl side, my opinion was that he wouldn’t handle the pressure week in week out, unlike soo where he has 12 months to prepare his team

While everyone's entitled to their opinion, yours was so misguided it's actually quite offensive.

The kid is literally 18, still eligible for SG ball next year!!! The fact that he's anywhere near first grade is a testament to his incredible ability and work ethic.
Right now he's had a lingering fitness issue, he just needs to get his body right so he can play to his best when he comes back.

ANYONE that definitively writes off an 18 year old is not only reckless, but it's just mind bogglingly stupid. There's so much development physically and mentally still to come, and experience to be gained. Strange by comparison is a year older than Fainu and Galvin, a lot more time for his body to develop and to get used to elite training and contact.
Dude go smoke a joint and chill.

All I said he is in their Top 17…when Ice gets moved on …looking at the current squad

Good chance Bateman has played his last game for the WT …certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Sione plays more games than him the rest of this season …
So here is the problem.

Are we replacing Bateman with say Jaydn Sua, or Crichton, sure.
From what I hear, we are ditching Bateman. My concern is we will replace him with Seyfarth and Kepaoa moves up in the pecking order.

We should either upgrade or keep. not punt.

Journalist reporting on tigers these days is just complete speculation there isn’t a single leak coming out of the club

Don’t be fooled by journos posting there opinions but starting them as facts they do it all the time

Latest posts

Members online

Back