Simon Dwyer set for debut

hybrid_tiger

At 20 years of age, Simon Dwyer is set to be the 13th player from the Wests Tigers Cubs Squad to make his first grade debut for the club when he is named on the interchange bench to play the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval this Sunday.
>
Dwyer, a strong running second rower has played 15 games for the Wests Tigers NYC team this season and scored 5 tries.
>
Dwyer is also the first Wests Tigers NYC player to make his first grade debut in season 2009.
>
The full NRL team announcement will be available shortly.
>
The other players, who have graduated from the Wests Tigers Cub Squad to play in the NRL include:
>
Bryce Gibbs - Debut in 2003 at 19 years old
Liam Fulton - Debut in 2003 at 19 years old
Robbie Farah - Debut in 2003 at 19 years old
Bronson Harrison - Debut in 2004 at 19 years old
Isaac De Gois - Debut in 2006 at 22 years old
Dean Collis - Debut in 2003 at 18 years old
Shannon McDonnell - Debut in 2005 at 18 years old
Rocky Trimarchi - Debut in 2006 at 20 years old
Shannon Gallant - Debut in 2007 at 20 years old
Stuart Flanagan - Debut in 2006 at 19 years old
Chris Lawrence - Debut in 2006 at 17 years old
Peni Tagive - Debut in 2008 at 19 years old

I assume he will replace Halatau.

Adds to my theory Collis won't be picked due to his move to the sharks. It makes no sense to bump out Ayshford for a player leaving. I'd say you're right, Dwyer in for Halatau.

Well that makes things interesting!
Galloway in for Payten or Skando? Hopefully Payten but probably Skando.

Maybe even bring big Kieth back & drop Morris!

Here's hoping it doesn;t mean that Galloway isn;t ready.

Sorry but from what I have seen David Gower deserves a pot alot more than Dywer.
Good luck to the kid but would of rather seen Gower reward for being the best forward for Balmain and also representing NSW residents tomorrow night.

I hope Mataka or Shirnack aren't left out at Dwyer's expense.

We need some forwards with experience for next year if Payne, Galea and Halatau are going

I was really hoping big Sauce would be back. That is a major disappointment.

Surely Mataka or Schirnack would have the jump on Dwyer?

Thats so annoying if KG isn't named, Sheens said himself in his post-match interview vs Souths that he would be right for this week, they ALWAYS give us false hope :imp: .

@hybrid_tiger said:
At 20 years of age, Simon Dwyer is set to be the 13th player from the Wests Tigers Cubs Squad to make his first grade debut for the club when he is named on the interchange bench to play the Cowboys at Leichhardt Oval this Sunday.
>
Dwyer, a strong running second rower has played 15 games for the Wests Tigers NYC team this season and scored 5 tries.
>
Dwyer is also the first Wests Tigers NYC player to make his first grade debut in season 2009.
>
>
The other players, who have graduated from the Wests Tigers Cub Squad to play in the NRL include:
>
**Liam Fulton** - Debut in 2003 at 19 years old
**Bronson Harrison** - Debut in 2004 at 19 years old
**Isaac De Gois** - Debut in 2006 at 22 years old
**Dean Collis** - Debut in 2003 at 18 years old
**Shannon McDonnell** - Debut in 2005 at 18 years old
**Stuart Flanagan** - Debut in 2006 at 19 years old
**Peni Tagive** - Debut in 2008 at 19 years old

Interesting that over half the players have either left or are leaving from the list.

If Skandalis is dropped before Payton that will do me for the year.

Like others I think Gower probably deserves his chance before Dwyer, but at the same time its good to see Dwyer get a shot. He really could be anything.

@Zaibatsu said:
Thats so annoying if KG isn't named, Sheens said himself in his post-match interview vs Souths that he would be right for this week, they ALWAYS give us false hope :imp: .

Sheens has been here long enough for everyone to have learned that what he says means nothing, if a guy runs out at 3pm, thats when Im sure hes playing

Interesting selection. He's been going well in the 20's but I would have left him there to carve up against the Cowboys on Sunday. Give the bloke a full offseason with the top squad to improve his fitness and bulk up more. I would like to see Mataka or Schirnack on the bench, or both.

Hopefully this means Collis won't be there so Ayshford stays in the centres.

@Go the Tigers said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
>
>
>
>
>
**Liam Fulton** - Debut in 2003 at 19 years old
**Bronson Harrison** - Debut in 2004 at 19 years old
**Isaac De Gois** - Debut in 2006 at 22 years old
**Dean Collis** - Debut in 2003 at 18 years old
**Shannon McDonnell** - Debut in 2005 at 18 years old
**Stuart Flanagan** - Debut in 2006 at 19 years old
**Peni Tagive** - Debut in 2008 at 19 years old

Interesting that over half the players have either left or are leaving from the list.

I'm glad we kept the ones we did though. Farah > De Gois > Flanagan and we can't half three hookers on the field haha. Fulton, well, hopefully he's back soon. Harrison was playing out of position here and has turned out to be a decent players at Canberra. Collis, well we'll have to wait til next year to see if he lives up to the hype. McDonnell was playing alright last year on the wing and had a solid game for the Knights, but with Hodgo here had limited chances and Moltzen > Macca. Tagive I would've like to have kept to see what he can do with some solid first grade time, but going into the off season with reconstructive surgery means that we probably wouldnt see his best football for at least another 12months.

So very excited to see Simon Dwyer get a shot. He deserves it so much. Let's hope he gets more than 20mins however I doubt that.

Simon's a good young player, but to get a spot ahead of the hard working consistent David Gower, who's been playing 2 years in a open age comp, is a joke.

I am sure the annoucement of the 17 soon, will create hundreds of posts as always. :frowning:

People complain when Sheens doesn't blood new players then when it appears he is giving a young bloke in Simon Dwyer with loads of potential, who for mine has been the Wests Tigers U 20's outstanding player this year, a crack at the top grade to give him a taste to see if he has what it takes…It shoud be someone else better than him....

Good Luck to you Simon ....if it happens hope you kill it in an outstanding debut for Wests Tigers....Well done....

Members online

Back