SKANDO OUT OF EELS CLASH

ashman

Wests Tigers prop John Skandalis to miss match against Parramatta

August 18, 2009
**Wests Tigers prop John Skandalis is expected to miss Friday night's blockbuster against Parramatta due to a corked thigh.**

Skandalis is one of several Tigers forwards carrying an injury after Sunday's big win over Cronulla and assistant coach Royce Simmons says it is unlikely the 2005 premiership hero will be fit to play.

Skipper Robbie Farah (calf) and prop Keith Galloway (hand) also sat out training at Concord Oval on Tuesday but are not in doubt for the clash at the Sydney Football Stadium.

"I don't think we will bother picking John Skandalis, he has a badly corked leg," Simmons said.

"We are a little bit scarred in there. There won't be too many boys on the training field today.

"There is a little bit of bruising in there."

AAP
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25946174-5018866,00.html

That's disappointing, he's been in good form recently. At least it's only a cork. I would replace him with Al Shirnack.

This is a huge loss… he's been in great form and definitely proved my thoughts on his return wrong...

Hopefully he'll be back for the titans clash were we'll mark our 8th straight win

Bring Shirnack in i THink he can cover Skando and probably has better lateral movement in defence.

Queue Daine Laurie!!!

*Eye of the Tiger music blarring in the background* Get ready for Fui Fui v Laurie round 2!! :smiley: Hell stop both Fui Fui and Hayne!!

We'll miss Skando but hopefully his replacement will step up and do the job on Friday night. I suspect either Schirnack or Laurie will get the nod.

I'm a Lauire fan, always have been since he arrived at Western Suburbs. However, his form has been erratic, diabolical even. Staks witnessed his game on the weekend against the Bears and said he was basically non existent. His attitude and head is obviously far somewhere else. And in an important, crucial clash such as this Friday night, it would be complete madness to take such a risk on a player who hasn't even been performing at Reserve Grade level for the past month. Al Schirnack gets my vote.

@Gobbs said:
I'm a Lauire fan, always have been since he arrived at Western Suburbs. However, his form has been erratic, diabolical even. Staks witnessed his game on the weekend against the Bears and said he was basically non existent. His attitude and head is obviously far somewhere else. And in an important, crucial clash such as this Friday night, it would be complete madness to take such a risk on a player who hasn't even been performing at Reserve Grade level for the past month. Al Schirnack gets my vote.

Gobbs - see the other thread. I thought he went alright against Newtown weekend before last. Played about 70 minutes.

Its gonna be our toughest test this season against the eels.Im suprised some people are even considering Laurie,It seems he has the mental toughness of a 5 yr old at times and i dont think he's showed anywhere near the amount of commitment needed to make it as a first grader.

Ziggy's form is way down from where it was in season's past.
But IMO he is a "big game" player. This is a rare attribute. This doesn't always mean he will produce a fantastic effort, whether it be good or bad things he does in a match, it means he WILL turn up PUMPED to play regardless.
Personally i think he can hold his own off the bench against a Parramatta side who WT find difficult to shut down with their 2nd phase plays.

@crouching_tiger said:
But IMO he is a "big game" player. This is a rare attribute. This doesn't always mean he will produce a fantastic effort, whether it be good or bad things he does in a match, it means he WILL turn up PUMPED to play regardless.
Personally i think he can hold his own off the bench against a Parramatta side who WT find difficult to shut down with their 2nd phase plays.

You have taken your sensible pills today. Couldn't agree more.

@crouching_tiger said:

You think Ziggy will assist in shutting Parra Down…... :laughing:

Shouldn't they all be PUMPED for this one.......

2009 NRL Premiership Season: Round 14, Parramatta Stadium, NSW
Parramatta Eels - 6

Wests Tigers - 23

Score breakdown

1st Half: Parramatta Eels 6 Wests Tigers 6

2nd Half: Parramatta Eels 6 Wests Tigers 23

No surprises WT flogged Parra in the 2nd half considering the interchange bench..

Laurie, D Interchange
Galea, D Interchange
Mataka, W Interchange
Schirnack, A Interchange

Back