Something you never knew

Really Hank? In Australia or overseas?
The Pineapple plant is part of the Bromeliad family, which mainly thrive in the tropical Americas. This herbaceous perennial has long sword-like leaves growing in a spiral around a central stem. Each pineapple plant will produce one flower stalk and, consequently, one pineapple fruit.

Cobar there are so many varieties of Bromeliads, you'll find heaps of different ones in just about any plant nursery.

They generally have like a central funnel that collects water when it rains or when you water them and usually have a flower spike that grows from that central funnel.

The Pineapple plant is part of the Bromeliad family, which mainly thrive in the tropical Americas. This herbaceous perennial has long sword-like leaves growing in a spiral around a central stem. Each pineapple plant will produce one flower stalk and, consequently, one pineapple fruit.

Cobar there are so many varieties of Bromeliads, you'll find heaps of different ones in just about any plant nursery.

They generally have like a central funnel that collects water when it rains or when you water them and usually have a flower spike that grows from that central funnel.
Bromelian also digests protein, so when you eat it it eats you back before it hits your stomach and your stomach acid destroys it. It's why you eat a good whack of it your mouth tingles.

Bromelian also digests protein, so when you eat it it eats you back before it hits your stomach and your stomach acid destroys it. It's why you eat a good whack of it your mouth tingles.
Let's start our own WT fruit co-op 😁

When there are heaps of pages in a topic and you want to go to a specific page, instead of hitting the advance symbol several times you can simply go to the website address bar that your on and where it says..../page 14
change it to 15
or type in what ever page you want. 👍

I was just chatting to hobbo about the history of the Katoomba Show Grounds so I thought I'd google it.
It stated that it's been a venue for sport for over 70 years.
What did find out something I didn't know....the most prominent landmark near there is the The Three Sisters and their names.
They were Meenhi, Wimlah and Gunedoo who ran away from their tribe to meet up with three men.
They were chased by their tribal elder but their father, who was in the Jamieson Valley, put a spell in them and they turned into stone.
There is more to the story if you research it.

False Vacuum Decay

Horrifying. All it will take is one particle somewhere in the universe slipping from/to this False Vacuum state and then BOOM it will grow and encompass the entire universe. The very atoms in your body will transpose into a new quantum state. It will be painful for the instant that the wavefront passes over you. And we cannot see it coming.

False Vacuum Decay

Horrifying. All it will take is one particle somewhere in the universe slipping from/to this False Vacuum state and then BOOM it will grow and encompass the entire universe. The very atoms in your body will transpose into a new quantum state. It will be painful for the instant that the wavefront passes over you. And we cannot see it coming.
Lucky there’s gravity. My question is how do you know it will be painful?

I knew I’d learn some interesting stuff when I joined WTF. Who needs footy ?

Bangkok has over 500,000 street food vendors
Bangkok also has over 10,000 Tuk Tuks
see what happens when the footy season ends for the tigers

Back