Something you never knew

I didn’t know that big pharmaceutical companies could own an Australian native tree?

In 2014 news spread about a miracle berry extract called EBC-46, sourced from the Australian rainforest, that has been shown to have properties against various types of cancers including breast and prostate in humans and animals.

The Daily Mail reported:

‘Scientists at QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute in Queensland have used an experimental drug produced from the seeds of the rainforest plant, Blushwood tree (Hylandia Dockrillii), which exclusively grows in far north Queensland, to cure solid cancer tumors in pre-clinical trials.

Already the drug has been used to successfully destroy or shrink tumors in pets and animals – including dogs, cats, and horses and even Tasmanian Devils, while human trials are imminent.’

These results were discovered in an eight-year study led by Dr. Glen Boyle, from the QIMR Berghofer medical research institute in Brisbane. In 75% of cases, cancer never returns. There were no side effects, and the compounds started working in five minutes, making cancerous melanoma and neck tumors disappear in a matter of days.

This news story was reported by an Australian television channel:

I didn’t know that big pharmaceutical companies could own an Australian native tree?

In 2014 news spread about a miracle berry extract called EBC-46, sourced from the Australian rainforest, that has been shown to have properties against various types of cancers including breast and prostate in humans and animals.

The Daily Mail reported:

‘Scientists at QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute in Queensland have used an experimental drug produced from the seeds of the rainforest plant, Blushwood tree (Hylandia Dockrillii), which exclusively grows in far north Queensland, to cure solid cancer tumors in pre-clinical trials.

Already the drug has been used to successfully destroy or shrink tumors in pets and animals – including dogs, cats, and horses and even Tasmanian Devils, while human trials are imminent.’

These results were discovered in an eight-year study led by Dr. Glen Boyle, from the QIMR Berghofer medical research institute in Brisbane. In 75% of cases, cancer never returns. There were no side effects, and the compounds started working in five minutes, making cancerous melanoma and neck tumors disappear in a matter of days.

This news story was reported by an Australian television channel:
I read in one of my missus medical journal years ago that since WW2 there has been a significant increase in effective natural medicines.
Big companies have bought out the patents/ownershio of these herbal medicines and either kept them hidden to as not to endanger their lab produced meds but also have used the natural meds to develop new drugs if one doesn't already exist.
I guess in the former it's a bit annoying.
It also eluded to that the German scientists were hard at it trying to find natural wonder drugs that cured the soldiers of varying medical complaints.... interesting 🤔

I read in one of my missus medical journal years ago that since WW2 there has been a significant increase in effective natural medicines.
Big companies have bought out the patents/ownershio of these herbal medicines and either kept them hidden to as not to endanger their lab produced meds but also have used the natural meds to develop new drugs if one doesn't already exist.
I guess in the former it's a bit annoying.
It also eluded to that the German scientists were hard at it trying to find natural wonder drugs that cured the soldiers of varying medical complaints.... interesting 🤔
I hear you. Chanel 7 did a story on the results of EBC-46 which were pretty impressive, they were shut down pretty quickly after saying they would have a follow up story. A private startup issued a limited number of shares (I couldn’t get any 😜), preferring to deal with vets and build cashflow, while trying to reproduce in the lab I guess?
Your case in point..I’ve been following the possible deal between Pfizer and Resmed, a listed company who have developed an app for your smart phone which supposedly can detect Covid by the sound of your cough.

Tonight I heard that Overarm bowling in Cricket was invented by a Woman in 1800s.
In 17th century and prior, underarm bowling was the only way one could bowl as per the cricketing rules. Anything that is not underarm bowling was treated as illegal bowling.
Maybe the Oz v Kiwis underarm incident wasn't such a big deal afterall.

Did you know it's very common in the jungle highlands of PNG and countries alike, to see 360⁰ 🌈
It's a phenomenon that occurs when the sun shines through a gap in the clouds and reflects off water vapour.
When I was flying helicopters with the sun behind us, the circle 🌈 would be in front of us and we'd fly through it.
If you were in the back of the helo lying on the floor on harness, you could watch as you went through it. 100% true.

During the potato famine in Ireland, many thousands migrated to other countries,including ours'.
But most went to the US, mainly Chicago and New york. They were hated,and many stores,and venues banned them. Over time like many immigrants,they sent money home to help others to join them. They installed themselves in government jobs, and very soon 1/3 of the police force was Irish. They then got into government positions of power, and became a huge force in politics .
EG;;the Kennedys. If you have been to Ireland, you will realise the close connection the USA has with this country.

During the potato famine in Ireland, many thousands migrated to other countries,including ours'.
But most went to the US, mainly Chicago and New york. They were hated,and many stores,and venues banned them. Over time like many immigrants,they sent money home to help others to join them. They installed themselves in government jobs, and very soon 1/3 of the police force was Irish. They then got into government positions of power, and became a huge force in politics .
EG;;the Kennedys. If you have been to Ireland, you will realise the close connection the USA has with this country.
Gangs of New York tells the story well

I wish I could.
You can, humans generally know right from wrong, good from bad, and if the voices aren’t fitting in the right and good categories then hit the ignore button. Not always easy and lately I’ve been struggling but I always remember the voices in your head are yours and you can change what they say.
RUOK?
PM me if you need/want, otherwise keep chipping away, it’s good to be able.

Don't swim in the Pacific for the next few years otherwise your hair will turn green. Japanese engineers are to release "treated" radioactive water from the Fukushima Plant into the ocean.

Back