Speed - what is it?

Tiger_heart

Watching some of the games at the weekend, including the one against the Dolphins, I am wondering if our speed of execution (passing, running) is a few levels below what it is for most teams? More often than not, when we shift the ball either side, the defense can see what's coming a few passes ahead of the play. it is nothing new, but one of those things that seems to stick out, so to speak...Not sure if it is deliberate or due to lack of :speedsters" in the team - I think the latter? Then there is speed of thinking, a different beast altogether where some players are blessed with it and others aren't...

Watching some of the games at the weekend, including the one against the Dolphins, I am wondering if our speed of execution (passing, running) is a few levels below what it is for most teams? More often than not, when we shift the ball either side, the defense can see what's coming a few passes ahead of the play. it is nothing new, but one of those things that seems to stick out, so to speak...Not sure if it is deliberate or due to lack of :speedsters" in the team - I think the latter? Then there is speed of thinking, a different beast altogether where some players are blessed with it and others aren't...
You’re right, the opposition continually cut down our backline at 2 passes wide. No matter how many times they do it in a game we never change.

Love to see Fox reunited with Olam for (possibly) the last few years of their NRL careers.

1 Bula
2 Fox
3 Olam
4 Douihei
5 Staines
6 Galvin
7 Luai

That's a capable 1 to 7.

Capable … but still probably one of the worst 1-5 in the comp … maybe they edge the Titans out … Look at the outside backs St George had yesterday … absolutely ran over our midgets

Apart from the physical speed, I am also noticing we don't have forwards that take the line on, in the style that JO does. We seem to almost say "Here I come, but go easy on me.." ;-)

Everything we do is at walking pace. Spreading wide we just go player to plater, no cutout balls, no decoys, just side to side passing. Heck i could anticipate that in defence!
We have no pace, and very little skill. A squad of people that 'try hard', which just isn't good enoguh. Everyone should try hard!!!!

Everything we do is at walking pace. Spreading wide we just go player to plater, no cutout balls, no decoys, just side to side passing. Heck i could anticipate that in defence!
We have no pace, and very little skill. A squad of people that 'try hard', which just isn't good enoguh. Everyone should try hard!!!!
Bit more of the Galvin type is what we need hey @balmain boy. Assertive, demanding, enthusiastic & positive. I can see many of those traits in Samuela, Tallyn, Kit, Mason, Vaka Aho, Cayne Nicholas, Broederlow & to some degree in Jordan Miller, Herman & Zak Clarke. Players that just want to rip in for their team mates.

Back