LIVE GAME *SPOILERS* Round 2 vs Raiders

Live Game Discussion
Sorry is I've missed it but who threw that shocking pass that put us under pressure early? I don't blame that player individually, IMO Api needs to get himself there for that last tackle pass, that's his job, I'm just curious. Bateman then followed it up by a stupid 4th tackle penalty. Then Toa and Staines went in with heartless contact on Kris and all of a sudden its 8 nil.

Where’s the fellas that convinced themselves we weren’t showing our hand in the raiders trial - cause we were just good enough to beat the warriors reserve grade side…

We’re still unfit - we still don’t have footballers who know how to compete, and run lines - still have a forward pack that looks fantastic on paper (outside Pole and the new Fainu - who actually have a dig)
And we’re still poorly coached.

Same ole same ole unfortunately…
Laughable isn't it? The 2 × spooners thinking they're in a position to bluff in a trial.
Surely there wasn't anyone SERIOUSLY believing that.

I thought Galvin did well today for a kid so young he was putting up his hand and having a crack. Seyfarth got dragged and deservedly so, we got absolutely steam rolled through the middle and outwide in the opening 20-30.
Our pack getting dominated isn't helping the backs but both centres and wingers were poor, i'd have Olam and Naden in as soon as they're fit. I'd also be punting Tupou he isn't that good and i'd rather blood Lobb or someone else thats going to be here.
Benji putting Bud in over Sezer had us on the back foot from the get go and probably wasn't helpful to Galvin on his debut. Fainu did pretty well he also had a dig, Stef looks like he's checked out thinking about his clause needs to wake up to himself and realise hes part of the problem.
We looked unfit across the park and the rumours of Benji's lack of effort look like they are on the money atm.

Let me sum up Wests Tigers and Western Suburbs day today just in case you were busy doing something worthwhile. All up we played 7 games and lost 6 of them. Our net points differential for the day was -176 points. This club is on the march.
Pascoe was right....we are a destination club!!!

Good football teams these days are tough and uncompromising. I hate both the Storm and Penrith but watched that first round game in awe of both teams. They played as if their life depended on it.
Since this club was formed we've never had a tough as nails team and very few tough players. When we won it in 2005 we had very good backs and a small but highly mobile pack. In today's team maybe Klemmer is tough but I don't think he's as tough as he was. Maybe Olam can be if he can get fit.
We just don't recruit the kind of players to make up a team that can tough it out when they're up against it.
Until we do we'll stay in the bottom half of the comp and more likely the bottom quarter.

While overall it was a typical Tigets performance I do agree there were some positives. I think Benji will be a lot clearer in his selections.

Sezer easily starts for Sullivan.

Seyfarth didn't take his chance. As someone who has said all along he hasn't been used right, judge him once that happens...well I guess I'm wrong. He was very ordinary.

Sam Fainu better then I thought. At just 20 he will be a quality forward with a big motor.

Toa has the ability to be a star but has no heart. I'd rather Casey there.

If you take circumstances into account I think it's fair to say Galvin was outstanding. 18 year old half in a pathetic team who played and played and played. Good moments, not good moments, but just kept himself in the game. Defended great. Wow, I was so pumped for Latu Fainu who will be a star, but Galvin is the real deal. What a young player.

Staines and Tupou terrible.

Isaiah was strong, Bateman strong at times but juts a stupid meathead. He set the scene early by giving away that 4th tackle penalty. Just a dickhead really.

Klemmer...well how can anyone support this guy. It's only the paper stats guys that support him. He continually gives the opposition momentum. Slow play the balls in attack and absolutely the softest contact ever seen by a front rower in defence. He makes every tackle, so stats looks good, but reality is he goes in so soft he provides great momentum for the opposition. He is a cat. I have never seen a front rower tackle so soft.

Good game summary

Re: Klem - He appears to be our new Sharon. Stats may look solid but very little impact. You can add Twal to the list too. There's a reason it took Twal so long to score his first try and I doubt he will score another. Least impacting runner of the ball out of all NRL forwards. I'll have to look at his post contact metre stats.

Dud Sullivan needs to be cut, Staines cut, Toa cut.

Benji, I hope your working on changing the teams attitude because its piss weak as usual.

Good game summary

Re: Klem - He appears to be our new Sharon. Stats may look solid but very little impact. You can add Twal to the list too. There's a reason it took Twal so long to score his first try and I doubt he will score another. Least impacting runner of the ball out of all NRL forwards. I'll have to look at his post contact metre stats.

Dud Sullivan needs to be cut, Staines cut, Toa cut.

Benji, I hope your working on changing the teams attitude because its piss weak as usual.
I have always thought Klemm gets a charmed critique on here. Slow as including his play the balls, easy mark but his stats look good. Stef Klem and Twal all same style of player dont intimidate anyone. Liked seeing Stef lose his cool it needs to happen more often

Back