Starting Lineup (Barring Injuries)

Not sure why Bodene Thompson is getting automatic selection into our team by some forumers. If i remember correctly he hasn't been outstanding so far in his time in first grade with the Titans and his also coming off a long term injury. Thought others like Ben Murdoch-Masilla and even Moltzen and some of our junior/depth players would be ahead of him at this stage?

I won't be too upset if we see Sironen spend some time in NYC to start. So much promise, but only 6 games into his career. With options everywhere for Potter, some confidence building against U20s wouldn't hurt.

@Stripes96 said:
@cktiger said:
I know I stick up for Moltzen too much but he will be somewhere in the team.
Most tries plus most line breaks in 2012 will see him start.

Most tries and most line breaks, yes, but people forget he probably has the most dropped bombs, missed tackles and metres made sideways out of everyone too… Waste of space. Get someone in there who cares about the team an not just self-preservation.

James Tedesco
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

He might have dropped a few bombs (not as many as plenty of people make out) but there's nothing wrong with his defense.
And he still made enough metres to score the most tries - but don't let facts get in the way.
Tedesco is still unproven - I hope he makes it but you never know.
In the end Potter may have different ideas to all of us on who he wants playing where.
The pre season will be very interesting next year!

1\. Tedesco
2\. Utai
3\. Ayshford
4\. Lawrence
5\. Koroibeti
6\. Marshal
7\. Miller
8\. Woods
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Blair
12\. Pettybourne
13\. Anasta

14\. Murdoch-masilla
15\. Fulton
16\. Fotuaika or Bell (someone for front row)
17\. Moltzen

We have a fast fit back row sure it's small but this is why we want a big front row on the bench( my opinion bell played awesome in the second row and deserves a spot but either him or Fulton or anasta and I just rare anasta and Fulton over him my opinion).

People are afraid of our backrow I say we should work with our strengths which would be speed in attack and our fitness in defence should be above others. We also need wrestle training and yes some size over off season.

Hope the chat that mp and benji had was a good one.
\
\

looking at that starting line up it must be close to the we can offer but it certainly does not look to threatening does it the forwards look very thin.

@habibsta33 said:
1.Tedesco
2.Utai
3.Lawerence
4.Ayshford
5.Koroibete
6.Marshall
7.Miller
8.Galloway
9.Farah ©
10.Woods
11.Blair (put on some KGs over the off season and play a more physical, hard running type of game)
12.Fulton (hole-hitting second rower, playing above his weight)
13.Anasta (ball playing lock taking pressure off Benji and Farah)

14.Pettybourne
15.Murdoch-Masilla
16.Bell
17.Sironen

I think this side could be close to the money, barring some standout off-season training performances and trial form.

@willow said:
@habibsta33 said:
1.Tedesco
2.Utai
3.Lawerence
4.Ayshford
5.Koroibete
6.Marshall
7.Miller
8.Galloway
9.Farah ©
10.Woods
11.Blair (put on some KGs over the off season and play a more physical, hard running type of game)
12.Fulton (hole-hitting second rower, playing above his weight)
13.Anasta (ball playing lock taking pressure off Benji and Farah)

14.Pettybourne
15.Murdoch-Masilla
16.Bell
17.Sironen

I think this side could be close to the money, barring some standout off-season training performances and trial form.

Moltzen will be there so think again.
\
\

I got hammered in another thread for the team I thought would be there so here is my wish list:

1\. Tedesco
2\. Utai
3\. Moltz
4\. Lawrence
5\. Koro
6\. Benji
7\. Miller (but close to anasta)
8\. Woods
9\. Robbie
10\. Keith
11\. Blair
12\. Anasta
13\. Liam

14\. Bell (our best reserve last year and could start at lock if we need a tackle bag or anasta plays 1/2)
15\. BMM
16\. Pettybourne
17\. Ayshford

I would start with Aysh off the back of his form last year and would try find some room for moltz as he is still dangerous in attack. Also Blake might put on some weight which would make him an ideal back up lock or 2nd rower.

Keep Siro and Nofo in state cup/Toyota cup for a little while but let them know they're close.

2nd row/lock is the toughest spot no doubt.

Next in line is Siro, Nofo, Mosese 42aki, Sonni Paasi and of course old mate Iosefa. He's a real threat on attack and could be a good off the bench at 9, 6 or even 13 (if he can tackle)
\
\

We simply can't afford Anasta(thanks Sheenius) and Fulton in the same starting side..

Serious??? Completely different styles…..would complement each other IMO...definitely room for both.

It seems we can add another prop in the form of James Gavet if rumours are true.

my team

Tedesco
Utai
Lawrence
Simona
Korro
Marshall
Miller
Anasta
Blair
Pettybourne
Woods
Farah
Gallaway

Bench

Bell
Gavat
BMM
Fulton

Sorry no rooms for backs on my bench

Id go
1\. Moltz- With the view to bring through Tedessco earlish in the year at which point Moltz to the bench
2\. Marika
3\. Aysh
4\. Lawrence
5\. Lote
6\. Benji
7\. Miller
8\. Woods
9.Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Anasta (left side)
12\. Fulton (right side)
13\. Blair

Bench
Bell
Which eve young prop earns it over the offseason and trials (Buchanen, Fotuakia, Groat etc)
Pettybourne
BMM

Sorry Utai has absolutely earnt first shot to retain a first grade spot.

Metre eater and much safer under the high ball then most think.

i guess it will depend on trial form
1.Tedesco
2.Utai
3.Ayshford/Simona
4.Lawrence
5.Koroibette
6.Marshall
7.Miller
8.Galloway
9.Farah
10.Woods
11.Murdoch
12.Anasta
13.Fulton

14.Sironen
15.Pettybourne
16.Gavet
17.Groat

1.Tedesco
2.Utai
3.Thompson
4.Lawrence
5.Koroibette
6.Marshall
7.Miller
8.Galloway
9.Farah
10.Woods
11.BMM
12.Pettybourne
13.Anasta

14\. Fulton
15\. Bell
16\. Blair
17\. Seumanufagai/Fotuaika

18 Sironen

When I think of Thompson center is where Ive seen him most in the past, but Ive seen little of him….unsure of his defence in a tough defensive position.

One good thing about a new coach is you'd think pretty much no positions are guarantteed, I know its said every year but now I believe we could actually see just about everyone begin on level terms....of course there will be a few who are shoe ins.

Teddy & Sirro two with rehab ???'s ....I believe Fults has a wrist issue, sure theres more

It like a jigsaw puzzle, Potter just needs to make them fit correctly. I'm quite excited about our team, looking pretty good on paper, maybe a little light in the forward compared to the Dogs pack, but still quality.

For mine we still have close to half the positions up for grabs. Based on 2012 form & importance to the side I only have the following as certain starters at this stage…

2\. Koro
3\. Lawrence
5\. Utai
6\. Marshall
8\. Woods
9\. Robbie
10\. Keithy
11\. Fulton
13\. Bell (unless he is on the bench for prop rotation)

Still plenty of spots up for grabs & maybe a few surprises come Rd 1
\
\

1 - Tedesco
2 - Koroibete
3 - Lawrence
4 - Ayshford
5 - Simona
6 - Marshall
7 - Miller
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Galloway
11 - Blair
12 - Fulton
13 - Anasta

14 - Bell
15 - Pettybourne
16 - Murdoch-Masila
17 - Utai/Moltzen/Sironen

Potter is known for his discipline, which I think/hope is exactly what Anasta and Blair need to improve their games dramatically to the level we know they are capable of performing at.

We can't keep carrying old, slowing wingers who are getting worse every year, especially under the high ball. Utai offers great impact from dummy half and doing hit ups, use him off the bench to play a similar role to Fulton, running angles off the halves/Farah.

I can't see a spot/need for Tuqiri anymore. Plenty of better kids coming through to replace him now.

Thompson's signing makes no sense to me.

Ayshford will have a better year, his poor season lay largely with the fact we had 9 halves combinations for the year. Lawrence's season was just as bad as Ayshford's, but no one seems to criticise Rowdy as heavily or as much as Ayshford.

We will regret it massively if we let Ayshford go.

Latest posts

Members online

Back