STATE OF ORIGIN GAME 1 2010 *LIVE-SPOILERS*

alien

NEW SOUTH WALES WILL SMASH THE DIRTY SMELLY QUEENSLANDERS IN ORIGIN 1!!!

![](http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5972/whitevprice.jpg)

![](http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4859/deadcanetoad.jpg)

You know it makes sense.

Low scoring, close affair, going to the QLD'ers in my opinion.

NSW won't win until they pick the best side possible.

The 'experts' think the wet weather will help NSW but you still need to score points, NSW are going to have to dominate possession to outscore QLD imo.

Freakin bucketing down on the City, flaming weather really pee'ing me off. Wet weather sucks, I wanted a nice dry track with lot's of attacking action. Best I can now hope for is that Ennis to have a shocker, mongrel dog that he is.

They will be playing underwater hockey at this rate with the rainn

I think it will be an interesting game. I still can't get 100% behind the Blues and I'm not convinced it's a team we can build around (will Kimmorley and Lyon be there next year?). But I do think the team is stronger and the wet will benefit the Blues - attacking flair, or lack thereof, will be put aside and it'll become a forwards' game.

But until we play like we want it more than the Maroons, we'll have a hard time winning anything.

As much as I would love NSW to win, I really cant support a team that Ennis plays for

@G. Strombolli said:
I'm not convinced it's a team we can build around (will Kimmorley and Lyon be there next year?).

It shouldn't matter if Noddy and Lyon won't be there next year. They should pick whoever makes the side stronger for this game. Pearce might have got in if he wasn't injured. I thought Todd Carney should have been in the side somewhere.

I'm just going through the team,

QLD are missing some key defensive units from previous games: Hodges, Smith, Price and D. Johnson.

I'm backing NSW 13+

@Robbie said:
As much as I would love NSW to win, I really cant support a team that Ennis plays for

When Queensland are up 2 nil in the series, I'm sure Mitchell Pearce and Robbie Farah will be bought in for Game 3…

@alien said:
@G. Strombolli said:
I'm not convinced it's a team we can build around (will Kimmorley and Lyon be there next year?).

It shouldn't matter if Noddy and Lyon won't be there next year. They should pick whoever makes the side stronger for this game. Pearce might have got in if he wasn't injured. I thought Todd Carney should have been in the side somewhere.

I obviously agree that they should pick players who makes the side stronger. I also think they should select teams with an eye to the future - much of Qld's success has come from keeping the team similar and not making dramatic changes from series to series. Switching halves from series to series is a dramatic change.

On a side note, it will be interesting to see how the absence of Cameron Smith affects QLD's game…

@KingOvKingz09 said:
For me todd carney should of been in the team 100%

Absolutely. Carney should have been five-eighth. Pearce halfback if he wasn't injured. Hayne fullback, Lyon in the centres and Farah at dummyhalf. Farah hasn't been playing at his best but I would still rather him than Ennis. We would score more points with:

1\. Hayne
6\. Carney
7\. Pearce (Kimmorley whilst Pearce is injured)
9\. Farah

instead of:
1\. Gidley
6\. Lyon
7\. Kimmorley
9\. Ennis

I think NSW will win tonight, but if they dont, honestly, what are they going to do? Ill discuss what drastic things i believe need to be done after the game if in fact we do lose.

Go Blues….

I think I've worked out something ...Blues selectors are biased...Tigers players never get picked cause of the Clubs form...Heeeeelllllooooo....Dogs...3 and 7....Noddy and Ennis 7 and 9... What's doing....imbo's...

Back