STREAMING FINDS and RECOMENDATIONS

"the good place" is pretty damn hilarious. Basically a person is in a very selective heaven (only 1 in 1,000,000 good people make it), she soon realise there was a mistake in admission…. features Ted Dawson and other good actors.
Arrested development is a classic.

SCI-FI
Black mirror- awesome.
The Expanse - Awesome -- If you are watching star trek, put that away and switch to something really good. Especially the trash of Voyager, DS9 or TNG. Why I bothered with it I don't know. Ok there are occasional good episodes of the above and Enterprise. I haven't bothered with Discovery as there seems to be better Sci fi out there.

Thers a show called 'you' which is pretty good. About a bloke infatuated with a girl.

@ said:
"the good place" is pretty damn hilarious. Basically a person is in a very selective heaven (only 1 in 1,000,000 good people make it), she soon realise there was a mistake in admission…. features Ted Dawson and other good actors.

SCI-FI
Black mirror- awesome.
The Expanse - Awesome -- If you are watching star trek, put that away and switch to something really good. Especially the trash of Voyager, DS9 or TNG. Why I bothered with it I don't know. Ok there are occasional good episodes of the above and Enterprise. I haven't bothered with Discovery as there seems to be better Sci fi out there.

I take it you haven't caught up on the Good Place Col, there's more to it mate haha.

Arrested Development is hilarious.

@ said:
I'm looking forward to the next season of Grace and Frankie - comes out Friday 18th
Loved Travelers, watching Salvation now. Designated Survivor was good too.
And Outlander

Grace and Frankie is a very well written sitcom in the mould of Frazier and Sinfield , it is up to date with all that is society today .

the 100 is by fair the best series on Netflix and I can not stress that enough

@ said:

I really enjoyed the 100, they are too slow getting it on Netflix in Australia though. Season 5 was very good, though it does get a little soapy.

@ said:
@ said:

I really enjoyed the 100, they are too slow getting it on Netflix in Australia though. Season 5 was very good, though it does get a little soapy.

Finally! Some people who have actually watched it, I was beginning To think I was the only one.

Yes Netflix here is always too slow. I actually bought season 5 from Sanity, it's still not yet on Netflix!

@ said:
Altered Carbon - if you like sci-fi

Highly recommend the book…

Finishing the second of the trilogy Dark Angels now.

Contemplating The Expanse series next.

Haven't seen the TV of either but will do once read.

Love great sci-fi.

Electric Dreams on Stan is a good series of Phillip K Dick stories.

Prime has Dick's Man in the High Castle too.

Others on Netflix (apologies if any mentioned already):

Babylon Berlin (Watch the German version)
The Fall
Fargo
Mindhunter
The Killing
Happy Valley
Homeland
Bojack Horseman
Wormwood
Broadchurch
Peep Show
Line of Duty
The War (doco)
Extras/Life is Short/Derek
Manhunt Unabomber
Maniac
Inside No.9
Flint Town
Spaced (may be on Stan if not NF)
Master of None
People VS OJ
Collateral was ok

The Money Heist, Kominsky Method and Seven Seconds are supposed to be good too.

Must admit it seems the quality of NF developed series seems to be getting worse. Churning them out.

@ said:
@ said:

SCI-FI
Black mirror- awesome.

I take it you haven't caught up on the Good Place Col, there's more to it mate haha.

Arrested Development is hilarious.

trying to watch it with missus. So crawling through it.

I watched two documentaries last night that were both good. The first one was about the Fyre Festival… that music festival last year that was promoted by Ja Rule as a luxurious trip to the Bahamas, and ended up being not even close to what was advertised... basically a huge ripoff/scam. The second was a doco about Avicii (it was apparently produced prior to his death)... sad stuff, but a good watch

@ said:
I watched two documentaries last night that were both good. The first one was about the Fyre Festival… that music festival last year that was promoted by Ja Rule as a luxurious trip to the Bahamas, and ended up being not even close to what was advertised... basically a huge ripoff/scam. The second was a doco about Avicii (it was apparently produced prior to his death)... sad stuff, but a good watch

I'm gonna check these both out.
Cheers!

@ said:

I will watch the first one for sure, that Fyre festival was an absolute circus. Didn't realise they did a doco on it, thanks for the heads up.

@ said:
@ said:

I will watch the first one for sure, that Fyre festival was an absolute circus. Didn't realise they did a doco on it, thanks for the heads up.

There were actually two seperate documentaries on it… one produced by Hulu (released on Monday), and one produced by Netflix (released on Thursday). I haven’t seen the Hulu one so not sure what it’s like.

On the other hand B-99 has gone crappy.

Story line and character arcs are crappy.

Evidently the channel cancelled it and another picked it up. The character that plays ami said that season 6 will be even more Adult themed…

Finally finished watching The Fall, and it was ever so engrossing. S1 was exceptionally done, S2 was a real nail biter and I felt S3 saw the series conclude perfectly. Jamie Dornan was absolutely sensational…..Oh and loved the chemistry between he and Gillian Anderson, it was super intense.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I really enjoyed watching The People Vs OJ Simpson and Manhunt Unabomber and especially lurved Luther. Will now need to check out the docos before my holidays officially end.

I saw a Stan suggestion on here, a gf recommended 11/22/63 or something like that, has anyone seen it and is it worth the watch?

Edit: Once again thank you all so much for your suggestions.

Back