Stuart Flanagan

Balmain_Bug

Its time for him to return back to the nest.

He isn't in favour at the Raiders and with Halatau and Morris not in the mix for 2010, we need a dummy half runner and this guy is a crafty one who always performed well for us. I know the Fonz is quite fond of him as a player as well.

I would sign Galea, Gallant, Flanagan and **<big>a quality prop</big>** and the we will be right.

@Balmain Bug said:
Its time for him to return back to the nest.

He isn't in favour at the Raiders and with Halatau and Morris not in the mix for 2010, we need a dummy half runner and this guy is a crafty one who always performed well for us. I know the Fonz is quite fond of him as a player as well.

I would sign Galea, Gallant, Flanagan and **<big>a quality prop</big>** and the we will be right.

Sounds simple and effective,we surely can't do that.

Funnily enough I ran into a relative of his the other day & got chatting (one of the advantages of wearing the Tiges jersey regularly).
They were saying that he's not hugely out of favour at the Raiders but the club want him to bulk up.
It appears that under sheens' he & the rest of the team were forced to really trim down whereas the Raiders want there forwards to be bigger. This was definitely apparent for the Tiges over the last few seasons & didn;t help us at all.
Building up weight as actual quality muscle rather than just fat isn;t the quickest process however which is one of the reasons he's still not getting a shot.
I'm sure not the entire story but interesting none the less I thought.

We have two capable hookers in the State Cup if/when Farah is injured or called up to SOO duty.

I don't fully believe that it is a size issue with the Raiders and Flanno. He seemed unable to pass to anybodys chest nearly his entire time in the Raiders NRL squad. He was downright terrible to be completely honest.

The biggest loss we had from the hooker/utility ranks was Lewis Brown. He has been going great guns at the Warriors in the back row and this weekend gets the starting hooker slot.

I would'nt bring him back, my brother in law who is a Raiders tragic says he cant even get a run for reserve grade
Agree with smeg we have better options in our lower grades

@tigerdre said:
I would'nt bring him back, my brother in law who is a Raiders tragic says he cant even get a run for reserve grade

Agree also. Flanno turned in the occasional shocker for the Tigers as well where he would have brain snaps but he needs to work on his passing game if he's going to get back into FG I reckon.

I'd suggest we can get more value out of Ryan Carr in the future. I think most would.

I would rather develop Ryan Carr or at pinch throw Nathan Waters in at halfback. No need to get a back up hooker.
Jarod Farlow would also be a very handy back up and I reckon he may challenge for a utility bench spot next season.

I was a massive fan and really thought he would kick on….. but his form has gone to god and
is not close to first grade at the raiders is enuff for me.

Let's look forward, not backward, we're finally cleaning out the dead wood, let's move on.

very average player, and has poor vision. I wouldn't bring him back, there is a reason he doesn't get a start for the Raiders. De Gois on the other hand I would have back in a heartbeat.

I could understand why the guy left and unlucky for him it just hasnt worked out for him at Canberra.But i think the ship has already sailed in terms of his time here.

Crikey, some people scream from the rooftops about our poor recruitment and retention, then want us to re-sign a fringe reserve grader we let go a couple of years back. All I can say is thank heavens for Warren!

@tigerdre said:

Your brother in law doesnt know much.

He is playing for Souths Logan Magpies which is Raiders reserve grade side.

I think Flanagan is a quality player and will defintly cement a FG position with an NRL club as a hooker wheather its at the raiders im not too sure to be honest.

As for him coming back to the tigers, we have moved on with him and are looking to the future so we quite frankly don't need him back here.

@Andrew said:
@tigerdre said:

Yeah but off the bench

@tigerdre said:
@Andrew said:
@tigerdre said:

Yeah but off the bench

and even then Souths Logan?

Signing Stuart Flanagan would be idiotic. Seems odd that some people say we should dump Halatau, but then come out with this sort of garbage.

No thanks he decided canberra was his best option.I hope he achieves his objectives there not here

Latest posts

Back