OFFICIAL Sunia "Tito" Turuva

GUN acquisition! Turuva does so much of the dirty work, people comparing to Staines have no idea! Sunia got that DAWG in him, super slippery to tackle similar to Connor Watson, makes a ton of running metres especially post contact for a small guy. Plus a genuine try scorer, finishes half chances and got some the best hands in the NRL! What’s not to like!! Just a natural footy player, you put him in any position and he’ll do a job for you! I reckon 450k is a bargain for what I think is one of the best backs in the league 🔥

GUN acquisition! Turuva does so much of the dirty work, people comparing to Staines have no idea! Sunia got that DAWG in him, super slippery to tackle similar to Connor Watson, makes a ton of running metres especially post contact for a small guy. Plus a genuine try scorer, finishes half chances and got some the best hands in the NRL! What’s not to like!! Just a natural footy player, you put him in any position and he’ll do a job for you! I reckon 450k is a bargain for what I think is one of the best backs in the league 🔥
Quiera Dios 🙏

Penrith have lost so much and continue to do so also.

Api, Kikau and Criton were huge losses.
Their up and comers were picked apart with Falls, Hopgood, Leinu, Katoa (Dolphins), Cogger, amongst others leaving.

Now they're losing Fish, Luai and Turuva (and Jett Clearly)

Surely this marks the end of an era..
The nucleus remains (Nathan, Edwards and Yeo) with good players like Martin, Leota and To'o.

Their named benches this year have looked very poor. We hear they have an elite production line but I think that may be slightly overrated. Anyway, hopefully we see their reign start to fade.

Summing up an overlap... Well said

You see him close to the line get the ball he will prop for a split second. It's like the gears turning in his brain "summing up the situation"

👍
going back to JRtiger's earlier comments.

"he's very good at summing up overlap situations, he's a strong runner of the ball, very agile and is very safe. I've always thought that utilising him on the wing was a bit of a waste, given the ballplaying skill he possesses. there's work to be done defensively, but his work ethic is second to none. he will fix those deficiencies and having someone like Olam to learn off is going to be great for him."

Keep thinking Pat Richards every time someone brings this up. Pat dominated the wing as a Wing playmaker.
Whats more it just broke that mould of "Center passes good ball to Winger, and Winger scores".

Hazem el Mazri and other wingers have broken the winger stereotype too. Michael Jennings said "I hope he gives me good ball" re playing center outside a good winger.

A playmaking winger is an asset. Lets build one up again and drive other teams mad by not playing the same type of football.

Their up and comers were picked apart with Falls, Hopgood, Leinu, Katoa (Dolphins), Cogger, amongst others leaving.

The nucleus remains (Nathan, Edwards and Yeo) with good players like Martin, Leota and To'o.

Their named benches this year have looked very poor. We hear they have an elite production line but I think that may be slightly overrated. Anyway, hopefully we see their reign start to fade.
Same with Souths, except Souths kept their old guard way too long. i.e. Walker, Cook, etc. That said I don't think there is too much between teams so by keeping players slightly past their prime they have really nosedived.

The key is who you build around. Penrith have backed Cleary, Edwards and Yeo to build around. Like Easts build around Tedesco, Jake Friend, Luke Keary, JWH etc. ... Yes often spine players but also players of Character.

I reckon Fish is their biggest loss.
28, current golden boot holder.
Genuine leader, intimidator and proper tough guy.
That said, I wouldn’t write them off. Seen many embarrass themselves over the years predicting Melbournes demise. Penrith are very similar.

I don't think so if history is anything to go by.

He's only ever the number 1 fan of duds. :ROFLMAO:
I thought that after I posted. So which “dud” is he going with next year? The roster gets better next year, no more flippers, simplekin, or Douehi spazzez.
🙏
But you got Feledy, Nado, Toa, or Bud the Dud is my tip.
Bud The Dud’s No.1 fan, how’s that sound Hank?

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
I reckon Fish is their biggest loss.
28, current golden boot holder.
Genuine leader, intimidator and proper tough guy.
That said, I wouldn’t write them off. Seen many embarrass themselves over the years predicting Melbournes demise. Penrith are very similar.
Penrith aren’t Melbourne yet. If they survive this and then again the next gen, then maybe you could compare them to Melbourne.

I get Charlie Staines vibes from Turuva. Will be serviceable yet unspectacular.
We’ve all been talking about him since he burst on the rep scene, showing amazing ability. Current rookie of the year and premiership holder.
Charlie couldn’t hold his first grade spot regularly.
Different animals

Latest posts

Members online

Back