Supercoach 2014

GNR4LIFE

Anyone playing this yr. We have a tipping comp, how about a forum Supercoach comp?

Code: 388970

OK Im in…I look forward to smashing u gnr4life and anyone else foolish enough to attempt to beat me....I am a GOD at this.

PS......my team is picketts pansies..all pink cos thats how i roll.

Much harder to get a balanced team going this season. Some big punts to be finalised on roughies closer to Rnd 1

@smeghead said:
Much harder to get a balanced team going this season. Some big punts to be finalised on roughies closer to Rnd 1

What they did to Brooks was total BS.

I heard about brooks on SC, hes 180k on DT with a larger cap so i bought him.

Also got Keary, Paterson and Peats. Pending round 1 lists (obviously) they are all min wage players that will rise to ~200k. Maybe more for peats and keary.

I've probably picked the crappiest team on the planet

Just for a laugh anyway

Team name 388970 :laughing:

No its Happy's Heroes

Great to have this comp but what happens to the league code 284949 that Jazza set up 3 days ago?

@tiger_one said:
Great to have this comp but what happens to the league code 284949 that Jazza set up 3 days ago?

I didn't see that, probably wouldn't have hurt to have done some research first :brick:

No reason people can't join both though.

Any other Leagues up and running? I have only got the one I set up in the other thread and I have missed out on the other Leagues set up in this thread lol.

@Jazza said:
Any other Leagues up and running? I have only got the one I set up in the other thread and I have missed out on the other Leagues set up in this thread lol.

Try joining this group mate https://www.facebook.com/groups/259327137568816/

Also, here's a couple of NRL Fantasy Comps

All Welcome :

https://fantasy.nrl.com

Code: AA2JMSTV
Code : 5MZFENSC

As this is my first stab at this , any good hints at being remotely successful ??

@happy tiger said:
As this is my first stab at this , any good hints at being remotely successful ??

dont focus on picking what you think is the 'best' team you could put together. i.e. an allstar team.

you need to pick several who are good at SUPERCOACH, so not joel reddys or beau ryans that are safe under the high ball and give it their all but rather players who make a lot of points. Many points come from tackles, metres, linebreaks and tries/try assists. Also goal kicking is something to look out for.
\
\
secondly, you need a decent amount of cheapies. Players who are 100-150k right now, but look like they will skyrocket past 200k soon. Dene halatau was an alright example, he was guarunteed a lot of gametime (i think) and at 117k he'd go up to 180k+ im. George burgess one from last year, minimum wage at the start of the season 300k+ at the end.

@pHyR3 said:
@happy tiger said:

dont focus on picking what you think is the 'best' team you could put together. i.e. an allstar team.

you need to pick several who are good at SUPERCOACH, so not joel reddys or beau ryans that are safe under the high ball and give it their all but rather players who make a lot of points. Many points come from tackles, metres, linebreaks and tries/try assists. Also goal kicking is something to look out for.
\
\
secondly, you need a decent amount of cheapies. Players who are 100-150k right now, but look like they will skyrocket past 200k soon. Dene halatau was an alright example, he was guarunteed a lot of gametime (i think) and at 117k he'd go up to 180k+ im. George burgess one from last year, minimum wage at the start of the season 300k+ at the end.

Cheers pHyR3 think I have sort of covered it Have three different goal kickers in my side

Why is having blokes whose value will increase greatly important ??

@happy tiger said:
@pHyR3 said:
@happy tiger said:

\
\

Cheers pHyR3 think I have sort of covered it Have three different goal kickers in my side

dont worry too much about the goal kicking. it's a nice way to have a 'guarunteed' 10 or so points a game. But often that 10 pts is already factored into their price.

if your players increase in price, that doesnt mean that you have to keep in mind the salary cap. You can go well over the salary cap by round 26 (in fact you should). Buying cheap now means you save a tonne of money on a player. take george burgess, if i could buy him now at 100k like i could a year ago, thatd be awesome right? cause i know he's gonna get a tonne of points and not cost much. BUT, we already know that he's gonna score those points so he's very expensive. the trick is to find ones that we don't know for sure will score lots of points.

i probably didnt explain it well but thats the jist of it.

@pHyR3 said:
@happy tiger said:
@pHyR3 said:
@happy tiger said:

\
\

dont worry too much about the goal kicking. it's a nice way to have a 'guarunteed' 10 or so points a game. But often that 10 pts is already factored into their price.

if your players increase in price, that doesnt mean that you have to keep in mind the salary cap. You can go well over the salary cap by round 26 (in fact you should). Buying cheap now means you save a tonne of money on a player. take george burgess, if i could buy him now at 100k like i could a year ago, thatd be awesome right? cause i know he's gonna get a tonne of points and not cost much. BUT, we already know that he's gonna score those points so he's very expensive. the trick is to find ones that we don't know for sure will score lots of points.

i probably didnt explain it well but thats the jist of it.

So that's means I can't buy players that send me over the cap , but the value of my side can go over the cap

Happy here are some tips. basically the whole aim is to build your team into a superstar line up by the end of the 26 rounds. what you need to do is have a mix of guns and rookies and minimal medium price players that aren't going to rise in value or score big points. nathan peats is a good example. he is a must buy because there are not a lot a cheapies this year so you need him in your team as what they call a "cash cow" He is at minimum price and as soon as he is at about 250k-350k you will sell him because he isn't a superstar (ie smith, parker, gallen, merrin, farah, fifita, sbw) for your final team. so you also need to load up on the cheapies that will play in round 1 the more the better. for example there are 2 forward bench spots up for grabs at manly now hopefully they are both taken by rookies. but im reluctant to get any because toovey usually uses only 2 props off the bench then gives the other 2 20 mins. that is bad for supercoaches because they will get minimal points. i am waiting til round 3 just before their price rises to buy them if they are scoring big. other notable cheapies that hopefully get a spot in round 1 team. cornish, kane evans, Strasser, hopefully one of the bulldogs fullback(templeton or phillips) and there are many others. medium price player you need to have in your round one team just to fill the spots but you need to be smart about them becuase they may be out for a breakthrough season. a good example jamal idris last season but dont buy him this season. i.e ryan james was averaging almost double in his last 6 games than he did throughout the season. ayway i could go on for hours about this and i haven't even read over it so there are probably lots of spelling mistakes and sentences not making sense but i hope this has helped a bit. btw anymore leagues going around ? im on the dailytelegraph supercoach

Back