Surely its a rule change?

king_sirro

Have the NRL brought in a rule where the Wests Tigers dont have 6 tackles like everyone else? Im so sick of us kicking early in the tackle count, especially in attacking positions, its getting beyond a joke. How about trying to use the likes of Lawrence outwide rather kicking?

Poor ghame, but when u travel away to Canberra and get the two points its all good. Need to improve for next week.

I dont mind us kicking early if its in our own half.
But not so much when we're on the attack like when Farah kicked on the 1st!!

I think we should run it more on the last, I dont understand why more teams do that, if you're close to the tryline and you get tackled with the ball then its still not a bad result, much better then kicking the ball dead and giving up an easy 20 metres. Plus as we saw today if you run it with the wingers back, then it can create more gaps up the middle.

@Jazza said:

I think we should run it more on the last, I dont understand why more teams do that, if you're close to the tryline and you get tackled with the ball then its still not a bad result, much better then kicking the ball dead and giving up an easy 20 metres. Plus as we saw today if you run it with the wingers back, then it can create more gaps up the middle.

100% AGREE!

We gotta get out of that 'kick early on the tackle count' habit. Pointless and very frustrating.
We have the strike power so run at them! We did this in the 1st half and it paid off.

Manly will eat us up for breakfast if we play like we did in that 2nd half.

Must be in the plan of Sheens to catch them early or unawares. Its happened too many times not too. I agree its a stupid ploy when on the attack, unless its a dead-set option rather than a possible set-play. Give the ball to the centres of a player in the fringe.

im sure other coaches pick up on that n will warn their players to be careful of the early kick so the defenders will have to be ready to turn n chase therefore they might now rush up all the time with a possible kick in the back of their minds.

It is only the second time all season we've attempted a kicking game to score. It is not a big deal.

We have been doing this for 3 years now!! It is so fustrating!!

Didn't understand some of Benji's kicks yesterday on early tackles. Didn't seem to be much on and his outside men didn't really know it was coming. Really think he should stick to playing at 2nd received and leave the main playmaking to Farah and Moltzen.

We went in yesterday with a very specific plan of defensive line speed.

To me it was obvious the playmekers were under instruction to make good metres with the boot early on in sets where feesible.

It also worked to dishearten the Raiders because we pressured almost every last tackle and they rarely got a shot at our kickers.

I doubt we will see that plan against Manly though

@NZTiger said:
@Jazza said:

100% AGREE!

We gotta get out of that 'kick early on the tackle count' habit. Pointless and very frustrating.
We have the strike power so run at them! We did this in the 1st half and it paid off.

Exactly, we've got the likes of Gallant and Moltzen to find any holes through the middle, while we've also got the size and strength of Lawrence, Tuiaki, even Ellis and Ayshford to either run through a hole out wide or barge over the top of defenders.

Another thing is, if we run it on the last, that can then create a problem for the opposition centres and wingers.

If the winger and centre stay back on the tryline waiting for the kick, then someone like Tuiaki can almost force his way over (especially if he one on one).

If the winger stays back but the centre comes up, then that could create a big gap and we could see tries like Marshall in the 05 prelim vs the Dragons where I think Gasnier came up and Best stayed back (Even though it was from a scrum).

And obviously if start running it on the last a couple of times, then they may start to come up and thats when we can put a grubber in behind.

@Jazza said:
@NZTiger said:
@Jazza said:

100% AGREE!

Exactly, we've got the likes of Gallant and Moltzen to find any holes through the middle, while we've also got the size and strength of Lawrence, Tuiaki, even Ellis and Ayshford to either run through a hole out wide or barge over the top of defenders.

Another thing is, if we run it on the last, that can then create a problem for the opposition centres and wingers.

If the winger and centre stay back on the tryline waiting for the kick, then someone like Tuiaki can almost force his way over (especially if he one on one).

If the winger stays back but the centre comes up, then that could create a big gap and we could see tries like Marshall in the 05 prelim vs the Dragons where I think Gasnier came up and Best stayed back (Even though it was from a scrum).

And obviously if start running it on the last a couple of times, then they may start to come up and thats when we can put a grubber in behind.

we run it on the last plenty, fmd it wasnt that long ago people were complaining that we never get repeat sets. Our kicking game had improved quite a bit and whilst not perfect and whilst i dont agree with kicking on the 1st so close to the oppositions try line an early kick can open up many more oppertunitys later on in the game. did it a bit much against canberra though i agree.

Back