Terrible judges of footballers

@Geo. said:
Tim Moltzen better than Lui at this stage of their carreers…..

I have never said otherwise but I am no longer convinced that is correct. Lui is a far more complete halfback - still needs to work on his passing game, it is a bit slow and erratic at times - but has all the attributes of an organising half. Same cant be said for Tim.

@southerntiger said:
@Geo. said:
Tim Moltzen better than Lui at this stage of their carreers…..

I have never said otherwise but I am no longer convinced that is correct. Lui is a far more complete halfback - still needs to work on his passing game, it is a bit slow and erratic at times - but has all the attributes of an organising half. Same cant be said for Tim.

Really more complete Halfback….is that why Sheensy had him playing 5/8th = 2nd receiver for the majority of his 2 comeback games........

Wests Tigers have done away with the halfback position.....

@hybrid_tiger said:
@southerntiger said:
Whoever said Daniella isnt first grade quality should never comment on a wests tigers player again. Great defensive and attacking performance. Backs up a very solid performance from last week. Still watching the replay with 30 mins to go.

I'm glad you actually watched the game before commenting this time.

Humble pie tastes great, I'd love more shoved in my face. Hope we see more of that, it was fantastic.

I only judged what I saw last year at Penrith and in State Cup this year, where he was ordinary at best.

ditto HT .. daniella had shown nothing up to his last two games ….chuck as much pie as you like .....and whilst your on it ... chuck a bit for LUI because last night i thought he was sensational ......but in the end ,, dont start getting too carried away ....we beat a very understrength warriors out fit ......the test starts next week v the dogs .....

Daniela had what I believe they referred to in the old days as a blinder. He was great to watch.

After last night's performance, it's easy to say he offers more than Ayshford has, but I don't think he's been tested - the Warriors especially had nothing anywhere on the park. Geoff is fast and elusive but he is a little bloke - how would he go against some of the bigger centres, and there are some big ones, out there? If he holds his own, good on him - give him the spot.

Just for record, the reason why I started this thread was because of the nature in which Geoff has been criticised since coming to the club. I, like most here, have seen very little of him, yet people still wanted to bash him no end. I always thought it was overly harsh. I am glad he has put together two very solid performances.

i know what u mean ST

earlier in the preseason people were bagging him out even though he averages a try every 2 games in FG and he had better defensive stats then ayshford and ryan when compared to last year

people on here have agendas regarding bret and maggie players and shoot down a guy like him before he gets a chance to prove himself.

if he was ever gonna get found out defensively last week and this week would of been it, there arent any sides with bigger outside backs and edge runners then the warriors and knights

He defensivly reads the game well and pops up in support in my opinion he has the goods on Ayshford….but I think Sheens will go with Ayshford

@G. Strombolli said:
Daniela had what I believe they referred to in the old days as a blinder. He was great to watch.

After last night's performance, it's easy to say he offers more than Ayshford has, but I don't think he's been tested - the Warriors especially had nothing anywhere on the park. Geoff is fast and elusive but he is a little bloke - how would he go against some of the bigger centres, and there are some big ones, out there? If he holds his own, good on him - give him the spot.

dont worry we'll find out next friday night if daniella is picked because he's up against idris and morris - its fair to say that they are pretty big centres.

Yes Daniella was good last night but I agree with other Posts that next week against Idris and Morris he could be made look like a Park Footballer in defence!

I am yet to be convinced of him being a regular first grader! I hope he continues to play like he did last night but if Ayshord is fit then he would get my nod!

I've been critical of him this year, I thought he looked very average in the trial matches with some poor reads in defence, and that has been my biggest concern with him, even against BRET a few weeks ago he didn't stand out and was pretty quiet, although the last 2 weeks in FG he has been good. I've no dramas with his attack though, he's got good pace, great agility and footwork and knows how to score a try. He shows more in attack than Ayshford, defensively I still think Ayshford is bit stronger, but Sheens is in a good position now with two players fighting it out for a centre position, plus Brown isn't doing anything wrong either, and Josh Davis is obviously thereabouts if he keeps getting named as 18th man.

Daniella had an absolute blinder last night, but lets wait a few more weeks before we get too carried away with him. If he comes out next week and has a poor game (and I really hope this isn't the case, I like the kid), there'll be people here bashing the kid, and grumbling about why we bought him in the first place, how we have better options in NSW Cup etc etc etc.

hes played 1 good game.. but if he plays like that all the time and tackles like he did then im happy to be wrong about him

Daniella was good last night.

I'm so glad we have options this year. People have been bagging the quality of our off-season purchases all year, Daniella, Davis, Brown etc, fringe players unwanted by their clubs etc etc. But, this is the first time I can remember for a long time when a player out injured (Ayshford) is no certainty to slot straight back into first grade. And, we can have arguments over who if anyone should stand aside when Fulton is fit. And, when Galloway returns. And, what happens with McKinnon - does he come straight into fullback, who do we shuffle around, who misses out.

Competition for positions generally brings the best out of the players. Great for the Tigers.

@prattenpark said:
Daniella was good last night.

I'm so glad we have options this year. People have been bagging the quality of our off-season purchases all year, Daniella, Davis, Brown etc, fringe players unwanted by their clubs etc etc. But, this is the first time I can remember for a long time when a player out injured (Ayshford) is no certainty to slot straight back into first grade. And, we can have arguments over who if anyone should stand aside when Fulton is fit. And, when Galloway returns. And, what happens with McKinnon - does he come straight into fullback, who do we shuffle around, who misses out.

Competition for positions generally brings the best out of the players. Great for the Tigers.

Well said..

This delema will only see all the boys competing week to week. Great for leading into the Finals…

You can never have enough depth competition for majority of positions is only a good thing.

I must confess, I was one of those people, who at the start of the year thought Daniela's signing was a waste of money. But the last two games he's shown some great attacking ability and also some very solid defence.

I think the selectors are gonna have a nightmare of a time deciding who'll they'll pick when Ayshford is available. Ayshford could really struggle here, his form up until his injury, was for mine very sub-standard, while Daniela came into the team at a time of adversity and has shown the goods.

With him in the backline, the attack out wide is looking alot more potent and direct than it did 2-3 weeks ago. Who knows, this boy could become the lynch pin in the backs

I'm a fan of all footballers until in my eyes proven otherwise. You cannot write off players before they have even played for the club, like Daniella had been. While it was great to see him perform, you cannot use one games performance as a validation for an arguement. There needs to be a stretch of games at least before you go around dishing out humble pie.

Daniela played great but those who have watched State Cup will tell you that he is constantly outplayed by other players in the same psoitions he plays.

Good luck to the kid though but if we had given Davis and Pritchard a go in 2009 they would be the ones we would be talking about now.

Back