Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

Who was our priority target during the last 10 years that we didn't get?

For me all our recent problems stem from a certain players mannager and the so called big 4 and when the club took the best recourse to rebuild by signing Cleary he threw us under the bus outside the club’s control.
Bennett, Ciraldo, Mitchell, Munster, Moses all within the last 5 years that were high profile, public, priority targets that we missed. They are just the publicly known ones. Imagine the misses we didn't publicise

Bennett, Ciraldo, Mitchell, Munster, Moses all within the last 5 years that were high profile, public, priority targets that we missed. They are just the publicly known ones. Imagine the misses we didn't publicise
Munster and Moses didn't move. Doesn't count.

Ciraldo is hopeless.

Couldn't have seen Bennett coaching here.

Mitchell was always going to Souths....they have a head start with Aboriginal players.

We interviewed at an Ambush event earlier in the year and I found him to be very impressive. It was recorded and released as a podcast episode.

This is only an Interim position, so I don't have an issue with the appointment but what I'm interested in is who he is keeping the seat warm for.
Strikes me as somewhat odd that they appoint him as the interim now when the position has basically been vacant since Sheens took over the head coaching gig.

Munster and Moses didn't move. Doesn't count.

Ciraldo is hopeless.

Couldn't have seen Bennett coaching here.

Mitchell was always going to Souths....they have a head start with Aboriginal players.

You can choose to block it out but reality is they count, we made a formal play at all of them & because of that meant we didn’t focus on other options instead.

They hands down were our targets and we didn’t get them. Heck the reason Brooks stayed for 23 was because they wanted Moses thinking that keeping Brooks would help bring Moses here so they moved Hastings on instead.

Mitchell might of been going to souths but we had a massive offer formally with him which means we can’t use that cash for anyone else. Lee H was even talking about it.

Me too, that's what makes me think they may have someone lined up to take it on in 12 months.
If they did it would be good to announce something. Just seems another random move at the moment. Do you know if they backfilled Betsy’s substantive role?

If they did it would be good to announce something. Just seems another random move at the moment. Do you know if they backfilled Betsy’s substantive role?
My thoughts is if it was someone like Bennett for example he wouldn't want it announced as that would risk his current role.

You can choose to block it out but reality is they count, we made a formal play at all of them & because of that meant we didn’t focus on other options instead.

They hands down were our targets and we didn’t get them. Heck the reason Brooks stayed for 23 was because they wanted Moses thinking that keeping Brooks would help bring Moses here so they moved Hastings on instead.

Mitchell might of been going to souths but we had a massive offer formally with him which means we can’t use that cash for anyone else. Lee H was even talking about it.
It's why clubs don't often move Up the ladder to much these days .

When the maggies would get raided players would get often offered double yes double and blocks of 3 or 4 would go.

With the cap a club offers 20% more.....and unless the player is unhappy they stay at the incumbent. It's a real problem.

Development with 2 or 3 signings is all one can do these days.

Unless you have an edge like NZ or Brisbane or even Souths.

It's why clubs don't often move Up the ladder to much these days .

When the maggies would get raided players would get often offered double yes double and blocks of 3 or 4 would go.

With the cap a club offers 20% more.....and unless the player is unhappy they stay at the incumbent. It's a real problem.

Development with 2 or 3 signings is all one can do these days.

Unless you have an edge like NZ or Brisbane or even Souths.
This current review and anticipated revamp of our governance could be the turning point our club has had to have, and a true change of fortune could be coming finally.

He would have drawing power with players and player managers. Would also be a good mentor for Benji, someone that he respects and trusts enough to listen to. I think he would be good in the role for the Tigers.
Still not a GM position.

Reactions: BZN
This current review and anticipated revamp of our governance could be the turning point our club has had to have, and a true change of fortune could be coming finally.
Lets hope so, at least thus far it hasn't been an external witch-hunt or used to destabilise the club, which could still happen.

The key is for it to remain internal as a means for constructive improvements. It seems it is being conducted in good faith so some good will come from it.

For me there is limited scope with the salary cap for a club to go out and sign 6 or 7 quality players in one hit so any improvements can only come from football operations and development and if Benji re invents the wheel tactically in case we get an edge.

I like the idea of a GM with the experience of Bennett, I would also have him working closely with someone to step into the role when he moves on.
Don't think we should be considering coaches for a GM. They're two different positions and skill sets.

Maybe a coaching director bit would WT be the first club to have that type of role.

Reactions: BZN
I like the idea of a GM with the experience of Bennett, I would also have him working closely with someone to step into the role when he moves on.
If this occurs it is highly likely he wishes to work with Marshall.

Perhaps the board is angling for this with Benji's appointment.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back