Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

Can you give a reason as to why you don’t renew?
For me I’ve already cancelled my auto renewal and make the decision to sign up every year just before the season starts.
If there isn’t an opportunity to voice your reasoning for cancelling your membership. Maybe this is a good opportunity to state your reason by emailing the board members and stating that we are cancelling our membership as a result of having no voting rights of the structure of the administration as a member and would prefer to be supporting the club as fan only as besides the useless member pack each year; there is no difference to both options.
I think they usually ring you once you haven't renewed. I got a phone call a couple of years ago and told the bloke on the other end of why I hadn't renewed at that stage and that i wasn't sure whether I would or not. I expect the same call will come again, only this time I will have a definitive answer.

One replied...... Said they couldn't answer now why Lee was re-elected before the review was completed.... Because there's an external review underway and any comment would be prejudicial

SOUNDS as. Much an arrogant wank.as.lee does
I got a reply from Justin….. I’m sorry I’m out of the office at the moment a general email you get when someone is away, I have no doubts he is in the fetal position under his desk hiding from the internal review people hahah

I got a reply from Justin….. I’m sorry I’m out of the office at the moment a general email you get when someone is away, I have no doubts he is in the fetal position under his desk hiding from the internal review people hahah
He'll be going nuts with his corporate credit card.

So, something we do in project leadership is our steering committee agrees to "Design Principals", these are foundational rules that help guide your project. In IT, it's things like "Configuration over Customisation".

I don't know if they have something in place beyond their dusty constitution, but I think this could be a great way to help the board know what is important to us as members and help them structure decisions around certain important principals that embody us. One could be
  • "All football decisions that impact the football team, need prior discussion with the head coach to ensure continuity and harmony within the organization"
We would ask them to adopt these (or provide reasons why not). We could even suggest ways to rotate the board based on poor performance or working against the club, such as
  • "If the club does not demonstrate improvement on the NRL ladder for 2 consecutive years, outside the top 8, then a FIFO replacement for the board is mandated to occur" Or
  • "Any director found to be leaking information to the media, without express approval by the club, will be terminated from their post immediately" Or
  • "C-Level Managers and Directors will dress and groom professionally at all times, wearing attire suitable for the environment that they are in. (e.g. no hats indoors)"
I don't have the time to do this at the moment, but I think this would be a good approach that provides a tangible way to effect change without being combative. Every current director and new director would have to agree to these before becoming part of the board.

Would love to hear people's thoughts. We could all combine our thoughts into a mini-project online here to build this out.

@balmain boy - I think your email is solid and it's a lot of outcomes that we want to see, I just can't see it working. I think the above is more palatable for the Directors.
I like this, well done!

Do we need to look at creating a Wests Tigers Members Committee, with a view to it's elected leaders being actively involved with the club?

One replied...... Said they couldn't answer now why Lee was re-elected before the review was completed.... Because there's an external review underway and any comment would be prejudicial

SOUNDS as. Much an arrogant wank.as.lee does
Maybe the reelection was already set in as an incentive to resigning on as major sponsor last year.
I mean is there really an ‘election’?

Just thinking but didn't the club have a Member/fan representative/s who were supposed to be a bridge between them and us?

Nope, but we need to put the wheels in motion
There definitely was one. Some of the forum members were on it. I can’t remember which Year / Coach we had at the time but it existed. Believe there was even a video about it at the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Back