Who here is a keen angler ?

Any fishing stories you like to share ?

The one that got away ?

Best catch ?

Popular spots ?

Baits ?

etc

:sunglasses:

Haven't been in a couple of years now but used to go deep sea fishing every weekend on my dad's boat… Plenty of good times, had an incident once off the coast of Yamba (Northern NSW) where our anchor rope got caught on what we thought must have been a whale because it litterally started pulling the boat along at a decent speed...

Needless to say it scared the crap out of us and my dad rushed to the bow and cut off the anchor rope with a knife...

As it turns out, a boat that was fishing roughly 300 metres from us spotted a massive devil ray which swam beside their boat, so we think that may have been the culprit.

Definately a scary experience at the time!

@Zaibatsu said:
Haven't been in a couple of years now but used to go deep sea fishing every weekend on my dad's boat… Plenty of good times, had an incident once off the coast of Yamba (Northern NSW) where our anchor rope got caught on what we thought must have been a whale because it litterally started pulling the boat along at a decent speed...

Needless to say it scared the crap out of us and my dad rushed to the bow and cut off the anchor rope with a knife...

As it turns out, a boat that was fishing roughly 300 metres from us spotted a massive devil ray which swam beside their boat, so we think that may have been the culprit.

You're full of it!!

I go up the Hawksbury River maybe 15 times a year. Usually Whiting, Brim and Flat Heads up there….... and alot of them Bugger Cat Fish.

Found a good spot past Mud Island up stream and have a few other places down stream we like to stop at near dangar island and out near the heads. Sometimes those spots are great, and sometimes you can sit there, enjoy the sun and get bugger all.

The 1 that got away was only a Whiting. Had it for ages but my Aunt who was out from the USA had no idea why i was calling out for the NET lol, so aftr 2 minutes it managed to get away. It was a laugh especialy when i made her feel bad by telling her it was te size of a Dolphin HA HA!

@Zaibatsu said:

sounds like jaws.

@crouching_tiger said:
@Zaibatsu said:

You're full of it!!

Excuse me?

I like fishing for bottom feeders.

They are pretty eas to lure out regardless of bait choice and they always provide amusement

You mean this sort of thing?

![](http://probablysucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kyle_sandilands_jerk.jpg)

@crouching_tiger said:
@Zaibatsu said:

You're full of it!!

Wrong fishing CT

well atm their is little waterflow in or river systems so not too good atm wished them cotton farmers would stop cyphering it all out nothing like a good feed of yellow belly

@Marshall_magic said:
@crouching_tiger said:
@Zaibatsu said:

You're full of it!!

Wrong fishing CT

Just testing out my new rod and reel. Works a treat!! Already got a bite!! :stuck_out_tongue:

@yeenar69 said:
well atm their is little waterflow in or river systems so not too good atm wished them cotton farmers would stop cyphering it all out nothing like a good feed of yellow belly

i'll have some of what you're having. :eek:pen_mouth:

Latest posts

Members online

Back