The Gibbs Defense - Appeal

they will give him minimum sentence to justify a rediculous penalty try call…

@innsaneink said:
"Me big, me strong, must stop one with ball….but how"?!?

Haha, reminded me of John Cena during his rapping gimmick, to paraphrase

"Me Bryce Gibbs, here comes the pain
God build me strong.. forget to give me brain"

To be expected considering its Gibbs and not someone who kicks someone in head like media lovers Thurston and Soward

The Wests Tigers rolled the dice and lost..8 point try and 3 weeks for that is a blooming joke….The road to the finals has become so much tougher without him :brick:

Considering the defence case and watching the replay at full speed we were very hard done by IMO. Burt actually rolls to an extent that means Bryce may not have actually contacted him if the roll wan't done

Yeh, Bellews argument was valid after hearing then watching, Gibbs may have landed under or next to Burt had he not did what he done

hard not to feel hard done by here, bellew gets blokes off on the most ridiculous of arguments, we cant take a trick

Yeah until I watched that and heard the reasoning I was expecting the grading to stand. But seriously after seeing it I am furious at the outcome.

In Poores case it was accepted that Elford contributed to his position by his body movement but a body movement by Burt which had more of a contribution to the impact was dismissed out of hand. Disgraceful.

Typical NRL though with pathetic skirts like Bob Lidner on the judiciary

Rubbish decision. Reminds me of Jim Comans suspension of Bob Cooper from Wests many many years ago - to make an example of him they gave him a massive suspension for what used to be considered a week or two offence. That's real fair isn't it?

Rapidly losing interest in league. Referees decide matches and the League seems to consider the likes of Stewart and Inglis guilty until proven innocent.

Pathetic decision!! If Burt didnt clutch at his back, barely a thing wouldve been done.

We see a lot more worse things then that get off.

From Telecrap

Bellew also used comparable incidents - including the grade one hit which cost Eels backrower Nathan Hindmarsh one match for kneeing Darren Lockyer earlier this year - to plead his case for a downgrade.

I had forgotten that. Friggen Hindmarsh slides in late knees first in a tackle contacting Lockyer to the head and got a grade one. Friggen joke

@ThrillMeTiger said:
@innsaneink said:
"Me big, me strong, must stop one with ball….but how"?!?

Haha, reminded me of John Cena during his rapping gimmick, to paraphrase

"Me Bryce Gibbs, here comes the pain
God build me strong.. forget to give me brain"

:laughing: :laughing: Pity it didn't work tho - still don't understand how hitting Burt's BUM is kneeing in the BACK??? :confused:

the nrl judiciary is an absolute joke. next time gibbs should have lashed out with his foot instead and attemped to kick burts head off his shoulders n he would have got off for sure since soward and thursy did.

@Tiger_Al said:
I'd go with the chubacca defence… 'it just does not make sense'

"…ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
\
\
Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company,and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests"

i think he should of went with that :laughing:

@Torbizlo said:
the nrl judiciary is an absolute joke. next time gibbs should have lashed out with his foot instead and attemped to kick burts head off his shoulders n he would have got off for sure since soward and thursy did.

Two ex-Manly players on the judiciary so what would you expect.

Obviously I hope we get up tomorrow, but I just get the feeling we are swimming against the tide. We gave channel 9 and fox some awesome ratings over the past few weeks, but it is time for another team's fairytale season. We had ours in 2005.

@X-Pac said:
@Tiger_Al said:
I'd go with the chubacca defence… 'it just does not make sense'

"…ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
\
\
Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company,and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests"

Ahhhhh clasic south park. Do the tigers have enough cash for Johnny Cochren though???

Back