The Grub

crouching_tiger

Does anyone think Gibbo and his green undies will get a start for Origin III after last night's performance?

Gibbs has been one of the Tigers best forwards this season but I'm not sure whether NSW will pick him even with a shortage of props at the moment. I think he'd handle himself out there but with the way NSW selectors think…I don't like his chances.

Call me one-eyed, but I think his form has been as good as any prop in the NRL therefore, he should be selected for State of Origin. He wouldn't be intimidated and would take the Qld pack on in the middle of the ruck.

The Year of the Bryce.

I rate Bryce very highly in the Tigers forward pack. He is the cornerstone for the likes of Ellis & Heighno to do their jobs. Bryce has been doing his job for the last 2 years week in, week out without too much praise because of some silly things he has in his game. At the end of the day, I wouldn't change him…

This is a very good question as we have been calling for Galloway to be in Origin for a while now, and I feel Bryce does a better job. The stats also clearly show Bryce is way ahead of Keith?

The answer is No. Bryce isn't suited to Origin and I'd be worried it could do some real damage to his confidence. Also, NSW have never chosen Domestic Props as it doesn't suit their metal or the type of Backrowers they choose. They always have Impact Props in rotation of 4, and is apart of the problem they currently face. In the past 3 years, they have had this glut of Backrowers, and have gone away from having a 4 Prop rotation to fit in more Backrowers.

Not every player is suited to Origin. Another good example is Jamie Soward...

yeah u got it right watto i rate in that group weyman as a club prop he has no impact in a high intensity game like state of origin . They are just great club workers every club needs them but now origin games

Gibbs is a worker. I am not sure if that is what you want in Origin.

I think though that he would go alright there.

I rate Bryce. But I think Douglas, Snowden, Mannah, Mason and smokies like Aiden Tolman & Tim Grant are ahead of him in the pecking order for a blues jumper atm.

June 25, 2010

Payten, who described the situation as similar to the Tigers' premiership-winning late charge in 2005, said he was ''100 per cent'' confident Tigers hooker Robbie Farah would start tonight after sitting out training this week with a shin injury.

Up to 18 players featuring in tonight's crucial all-Sydney NRL games could be auditioning for Origin jerseys as NSW begin the ''year zero'' restart with the naming of the side for game three on Monday.

Having lost an unprecedented five straight series, the Blues hierarchy will look at wide-ranging changes in a bid to stem Queensland's dominance next year and beyond by selecting a team for the future.

Payten says he is highly unlikely to be considered **but does expect teammates Farah, Chris Heighington, Keith Galloway, Chris Lawrence and Bryce Gibbs to be discussed by selectors.**

Galloway is more likely to get a go.

Id like to see mannah there possibly even mason (hes been going good @ nQLD!).

Gibbs has deffinately improved but I still think there is some room for improvement. More performances without penalties and more meters is what I'm looking for.

If he played for St George,Bulldogs or manly he'd be a shoe-in.

@LARDS said:
If he played for St George,Bulldogs or manly he'd be a shoe-in.

You can't say that apparently….

Gibbs is going great this year....2010-**_The Year of Bryce_**

@Marshall_magic said:
Gibbs isn't an "origin player" we need more forwards like Ben Creagh…

:laughing: Yeah, it takes a real special talent to pick a fight with someone half your size and then cat it.

@Cultured Bogan said:
@Marshall_magic said:

:laughing: Yeah, it takes a real special talent to pick a fight with someone half your size and then cat it.

It's even more special to be able to make 22m in an entire origin match as a starting back rower.

@Marshall_magic said:
@Cultured Bogan said:
@Marshall_magic said:

It's even more special to be able to make 22m in an entire origin match as a starting back rower.

Don't forget MM, he's made about 60,000 odd decoy runs this year… Second rowers taking on the line is so 80's...

Back