Junior Pauga

I've always thought that a player playing NRL would surely have learnt all the required basics and rules through the many years of their playing journey before being elevated to first grade,

Kimmorley said it more than once in the presser, he said it's not about making a decision under pressure, it's the core skill errors, which is passing, dropped balls.

This is not only embarrassing for the club but it is also demoralising for the eager and dynamic young player..

Unfortunately and in a certain sense what Pauga did was a good thing because it needed to be highlighted once again in a big way, which the club has neglected but has been evident for the past many years.

It's a stupid rule anyway.

From a players perspective they have to guard the ball to make sure it doesn't bounce to the line. Which is just messy and stupid. I remember benji stuffing up from a kick off once.

The rule should be if it hits before the required line once it's an automatic penalty. This wait and watch it dribble over is just stupid.
Another dumb nrl loop hole
Agree in part, however if it is a dropout along the ground in an attempt to find the sideline then that would constitute a penalty…from a kick off or dropout the driven kick to the sideline is a genuine tactic.

Nofo was fed up playing in a very poor side.
He was so disolusand he was dropped to reserve grade.
He needs the break playing with better players around him to get his enthusiasm back.
If he comes back to us 2023 he might be able to inspire our players.
As long as his his expectations are realistic.
We are not the Storm but a struggling club that needs every bit of experience and effort we can get.
I’d like him to come back with some insights we can use to better ourselves.

The drop out has a right to touch the ground inside the 10m line. There's no rule in the game where an in-bounds part of the field 'is lava' at any point. They have a right to grubber it along the ground if they want.

This is not a rule that needs changing in my opinion. Just don't touch it like Pauga did yesterday.

I think the wait around and see if it makes it is messy.

Fair points.

He looked like a 6 yesterday but I think he could potentially do the job at fullback as well. That cover tackle was fantastic.

I'll add one key play to me was Musgrove running back hard and off loading to Madden who used beautiful footwork to beat the fullback and score.
Yes it was good to remind us Madden was actually on the field. Why cant Musgrove do this more often? It could make up for some of his terrible defence. He strikes me as a gentle giant in attack and a bludger in defence.

The problem with our juniors is our football operations is not strong enough and not many players seem ready when they get their shot.

This is made worse by madge playing players that were not ready.
I prefer we give a chance to the new players (e.g. Freebaim, Diaz, N Brown, Pole) than endlessly re-spin proven mediocre players e.g. Gildart, Nofoaluma, Twal, Seyfarth, Mikaele).

I prefer we give a chance to the new players (e.g. Freebaim, Diaz, N Brown, Pole) than endlessly re-spin proven mediocre players e.g. Gildart, Nofoaluma, Twal, Seyfarth, Mikaele).

Yeah I mean you don't as much player development as you do for example players that go to Melbourne.

The little I hear is Melbourne processes are much better.

We should have more players improving than we do

The 16 errors thru out the game totsl for us lost us the gane
I cannot put all the blame on a single player e.g. Pauga, the AD dropped the ball in our 30m!
For instance even Nofoaluma, looks like the world beater in the team with a better forwards and halves!

That is my point though...he is not a reserve grader. He is terrible at that level.

Watch Penrith's state cup and they have bulldozers everywhere in their backline. All vastly better than Pauga.

Surely we could have offered one a chance at some point.
Precisely, I think I could pick a team out of Qld cup players that would flog this Tigers team .. who the hell is the recruiting manager?? Do they actually do any work at all ? They have no imagination, we never unearth a promising talent .. now they are letting Madden go to stay with Gotdamn Brooks FFS !!! What the hell is sheens doing ? I was happy when he came back to ever see but he is making really old stale decisions so far that are the exact same decisions as the last 10 years … FFS we need a change, this club is doing my head in.. they do NOTHING correctly!! I am so over it!

Junior made a bad error which he will have to deal with in the coming years,he has to get over it though otherwise he will be mentally strangled ...
We are all dissappointed with the loss,but as a person who has made many a mistake on the field myself,Junior wasnt really our downfall several other players can also carry the blame,he is a convenient excuse why we lost...
I feel sorry for him because he probably blames himself as much as the punters blame him...I hope he can come back from it and improve next year wherever he will be...

Back