The No Try

Eye_Of_Wests_Tigers

Can someone please explain to me how a feather like touch on Riley Brown constituted a Obstruction? He had an enormity of time to get to Farah but because of Skandalis merely touching him, it constitutes an obstruction? The rule is an absolute farce now! All player milk it for all it's worth because they know 9 time out of 10 they will get a penalty. I thought it Sandow's last week was 1000000x worse than todays one! Different interpretations perhaps?

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
Can someone please explain to me how a feather like touch on Riley Brown constituted a Obstruction? He had an enormity of time to get to Farah but because of Skandalis merely touching him, it constitutes an obstruction? The rule is an absolute farce now! All player milk it for all it's worth because they know 9 time out of 10 they will get a penalty. I thought it Sandow's last week was 1000000x worse than todays one! Different interpretations perhaps?

it was a try imo …. brown had ample time to make a tackle and was not obstructed ....in the old days it was a shephard if you ran around one of your players ... these days we have too many people trying to find excuses to not award a try .....

I think it has become beyond the point of a joke this "obstruction rule" as soon as you run past the line, the defneding player can just run and go tackle you and get a penalty, ever player who is a decoy is under pressure, not to hit the defensive line,

I didnt think they'd give it, in fact i left the room when they went up, hoping to come back and see Benji lining up the conversion but it wasnt the case.

They gotta do something, surely that was a try. I dont remember the obstruction being such a problem 10 years ago, what have they done to cause all this confusion!!

he had a grab at him and farah pushed him off so he was hardly obstructed, but what more amazing is last week sandow was able to blatanty run around his own player make a line break and put simpson away for a try and that isnt an obstruction….....go figure

@anderson silva said:
he had a grab at him and farah pushed him off so he was hardly obstructed, but what more amazing is last week sandow was able to blatanty run around his own player make a line break and put simpson away for a try and that isnt an obstruction….....go figure

Exactly right. After Skando ran thru, Farah fended him off.

@anderson silva said:

Different interpretations of the rule! Also really we were made to get off the tackled player much quicker than the roosters today, giving them the chance to attack a retreating defensive line! Double standards i thought as Gav Badg and Tony De Las *get in everyones way* Heras let the roosters simply lay ontop of the tackled player for an age! got the rough end on both the Video ref and the Refs today IMO

looked like a try maybe cause Skano stopped…Farah seemed to push away the other Rooster had a shot....TRY....Who was the Vid ref....

its whats killing our game and turning games to much the useless video ref

i dont get it there was about 5 defenders there and for a milisecond thhey had to deal with a decoy runner . That is such a lame excuse for poor defence the old shepherd rule was easy u could see someone hide behind another player and go through

@Kaiser said:
Can't wait for Harrigan to justify this one on talkin sports only for Graham Hughs to agree because it was against the tiges

wasnt it phil cooley in the ref box today>

@anderson silva said:
@Kaiser said:
Can't wait for Harrigan to justify this one on talkin sports only for Graham Hughs to agree because it was against the tiges

No idea who was in the box… but he comes on (thursdays i think?) and defends EVERYTHING the refs do... its a joke

@Kaiser said:
@anderson silva said:
@Kaiser said:

No idea who was in the box… but he comes on (thursdays i think?) and defends EVERYTHING the refs do... its a joke

oh ok, i think that ir was a poor decision, but an even worse one considering what sandow was allowed to do last week vs the dogs

Should've been a try.

In the past, a disallowed try like that would've sent the team into a depression and we would've lost on the back of it. Instead, we increased the intensity - it probably helped us win the game. It's a great sign.

To be fair, I think the roosters sin bin about evened that out. Both decisions were WRONG.

@tigr3 said:
To be fair, I think the roosters sin bin about evened that out. Both decisions were WRONG.

Both decisions were garbage, I agree.

A great many clowns on here were calling for more interventionist refereeing after the Manly game. Just accept that for the most part these turkeys are going to get it wrong a heck of a lot and we are far better off with the style of refereeing we saw from Hayne and his side-kick on Monday.

Back