The Offical New Coach Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pascoes_barber said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1467887) said:
@demps said in [The Offical New Coach Poll](/post/1467881) said:
@thedaboss said in [The Offical New Coach Poll](/post/1467880) said:
@demps said in [The Offical New Coach Poll](/post/1467879) said:
YES!

Another coach thread.

5 a day.
Same as articles fox sports has been pushing out.

Go Tigers!

I made this to stop new coach threads ?

No Farah option.
Disappointed.

No Warren Ryan, either.

No Brian Smith either?:laughing:

@needaname said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468313) said:
Sheens Coaching director / gm football (long game)
Bennett Head Coach 1-2 years (Short game)
Perfect combination.

I’ve watched a lot of this team over 36 years and what it is not is good for the health of a couple of old coaches. Serious concerns for their tickers if this goes on.

@bagnf05 said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468442) said:
Perfect combination.

I’ve watched a lot of this team over 36 years and what it is not is good for the health of a couple of old coaches. Serious concerns for their tickers if this goes on.

West tigers responsible for the death of their coach after another loss, imagine that headline lol

@tigerpower said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468449) said:
@bagnf05 said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468442) said:
Perfect combination.

West tigers responsible for the death of their coach after another loss, imagine that headline lol

And get flogged the following week in his honour

@needaname said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468439) said:
@bigsiro said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468324) said:
Perfect combination.

That would be a thing of beauty for this club.
Note: I didn’t vote sheens.

Actually I’ve revised it a bit in case Bennett is 100% returning to Brisbane and thought maybe we could arrange for a rookie as Morris or Ciraldo with Bennett employed as a coaching director recruitment manager for the 2 years he is part of the club (a bit of a fly in fly out role from Brisbane)
And Sheens to do more of a long term pathways role whilst also adding his 2 bob in when Wayne is out of the region. Sheens role is more long term and it’s too ensure that the short term success that Wayne Bennett brings with him doesn’t fizzle out once he leaves

What the carrot can be is the delay in establishing the expansion team.
A lot of players are offcontract for 23 and available to sign as of November (most deals during the off-season before Christmas result in a change of clubs for 22.
Players looking to go to the expansion team could be recruited by the tigers for 1-2 years as a bit of pit stop on route to Queensland especially if they have no choice for 1-2 year extension with their current club.
I was thinking if Bennetts star power brings them in there could also be an agreement that any players that were keen to head to the expansion team can leave with Bennett once a new team is up and going.

My thoughts with this is we have our young core to build off but we need experienced hard heads around them.
Say Bennett recruited the same guys from clubs a couple of years earlier and brought them into Wests Tigers to grow together he would have a ready made core of senior guys available by the time the Brisbane expansion team is ready.
They have spent 1-2 season playing training and playing together.
During this time they help build up the reputation of the Tigers, bringing their leadership and hard edge to the side, filtering that down into the young group and making our young core and senior group better for it.

I’ll have a stab at guys that might want a change of Scenery and be attracted to the idea of heading home in 23/24

Felise Kaufusi
Josh Papali
Christian Welsh
Cameron Munster
Ronaldo Mulitalo
DCE
Josh McGuire
Andrew Macollough
Ben Hunt
Lindsay Collins

Of course not all of the above but adding 3-4 of that list could transform our team within a 1 to 2 year period.

I get it’s a crazy idea. I just wonder if we can somehow take advantage of a couple of players in limbo between their current club and expected greener pastures as the expansion teams foundation players?

So basically become the feeder Club for the new team...I like it..

@pascoes_barber said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1467972) said:
@tig_prmz said in [The Offical New Coach Poll](/post/1467959) said:
Is Bennet not an option at all?

Sheens hasn't coached for a few years, his coaching days are past him.

He was coaching in England as recently as last year, and coached the Combined Nations All Stars vs England (the All Stars won) just a few months ago.

My bad, I didn't know that. I did look into it now though and saw that he was sacked in 2019 and quit in 2020. He was sacked from a mid range Super League team..

Sheens is not a coach anymore.

Bennett as the coaching director with a younger coach (such as Sheens) to learn and take the reigns

@harvey said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469424) said:
Bennett as the coaching director with a younger coach (such as Sheens) to learn and take the reigns

Bennett is 71, Sheens is 70. I suppose that is slightly younger.

I don't know what role but Bennett is available, he's met with Pascoe/Lee before. We would be stupid not to enquire about him coming onboard in some capacity, even if short term.

Not getting Bennett here would be a bigger loss than losing out on JAC/Mitchell/TPJ etc...

@tig_prmz said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469432) said:
I don't know what role but Bennett is available, he's met with Pascoe/Lee before. We would be stupid not to enquire about him coming onboard in some capacity, even if short term.

Not getting Bennett here would be a bigger loss than losing out on JAC/Mitchell/TPJ etc...

Do you think both Bennett and Sheens could work together?

@pascoes_barber said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469429) said:

:grinning:

@tigerwest said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469434) said:
@tig_prmz said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469432) said:

Do you think both Bennett and Sheens could work together?

They did at Canberra about 40 years ago

As much as I’d love Bennett, I can’t see him coming here with Sheens. Not that they don’t get along (I have no idea), it just doesn’t seem likely that two old heads like them would work together.

@gnr4life said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469448) said:
As much as I’d love Bennett, I can’t see him coming here with Sheens. Not that they don’t get along (I have no idea), it just doesn’t seem likely that two old heads like them would work together.

They could take it in turns having Nana naps.Honestly having 1 bloke over 70 next year is bad enough can you imagine the 2 of them snoring in the coaches box,you would need extra insulation

@harvey said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469437) said:
@pascoes_barber said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469429) said:

:grinning:

I still think Ken Arthurson should get a look in, he’d help Brooks out having been a halfback himself.

@mrdonnybrasco said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1469469) said:
If they boot madge, id like Flanno to come in and tear the roof off the joint.

And then smoke the joint? :)

@bathursttiger1 said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468187) said:
@aesopian said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468172) said:
@nrlsurvivor said in [The Offical New Coach Poll\-Updated](/post/1468153) said:
Fittler?

I reckon it could work.

Bit unorthodox, but maybe that's exactly what we need.

On one condition though. He's gotta bring over a couple origin lads...

13 of them.

17, you forgot the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back