The superannuation gig...

Tiger_heart

Reportedly, this is what some people said when Api signed for us. And maybe the same was thought of Justin Olam. Yet, without a shadow of a doubt the former has been nothing short of inspirational for the team since we signed him, and Olam, judging by the intenisity of how he plays (and never mind the usual pointing at the WT logo after he scored) isn't that far behind. In the past, we've had plenty of coaches signing older players to long term contracts (I am looking at you Ivan..) only to find that, on the field, they were shadows of ther former selves. Perhaps something has indeed changed at the WT. On and off the field. The fact that Benji has installed this culture of new - starting with a new victory song - is a credit to what can be achieved with a clear shared vision. Regardless of where and who you are.

Warren Smith mentioned in commentary that an unarmed Penrith offical was only coming to us to top up his Super.

API was always going to be a great buy, but Olam was in the burnt out broken down basket. How wrong we were, he is a hard man built out of granite who competes. Maybe spud Elford was our last centre who could be relied onto to defend a outside edge.

If Matterson was a swap for for Lomax we may as well put our money on Saints to win the title. How could any time handle a team that includes Matterson and Leilua.?

Re Cleary, I don’t like the bloke but he had the oldies playing well during his 2 minutes at the club

Olam has been brilliant I just hope the body holds up and we get close to a full season out of him.

Api. Last year I wasn't 100% sure whether he was in the departure lounge or not. He's been absolutely brilliant this season. Fearless. His game against the Sharks, he knew we had to get our season up and running and played the whole match like it was the last 5 minutes of a grand final to get us there. While sick as a dog. Nofo ghosted the club for 48 hours the last time he had gastro. Api won us our first match.

I'd say that any halves combination (Bud, Sezer, Galvin) could do alright for us. But, I can't imagine us without Api in the starting.

Latest posts

Back