There is a God

clokan

Call it what you will but something spiritual happened here tonight, for much of the first half the Panthers looked the better side, but by divine intervention Melbourne led 22-0. A penalty try, an intercept and an a Cam Smith fluke were the answer to my prayers.

Then Penrith got a sniff through a try that isn’t a try, with just over 10 to go Penrith score again, they lifted, maybe a comeback? They score again and Melbourne are down to 12 men. I though this is my worst nightmare, if Penrith win I’ll lose it. They took it down to the wire, could they snatch victory? They almost did.

It could have been their year, they will forever look back at what could have been if they started better.

We watched this year as Penrith took everything in their stride and it looked likely that Cleary would be rewarded for his unethical behaviour. But now I can see God has a sense of humour, a perfect year for Penrith, with a most un-perfect finish. Karma caught up with Ivan, the chicken has come home to roost.

Nope there isn’t one I believe ... I had Cameron Smith @$9 to be top point scorer in the final series. He led 36-33 with Under 10 to go

@GNR4LIFE said in [There is a God](/post/1252727) said:
Yeah, JAC’s interview is pretty deflating though

He wasn't listening to the questions and it was not the right time for an announcement about next year.

Also thought what Smith said to the referee was exactly right. It will be worth the fine.
For too long have I watched these clowns give their little “favourites” a leg up in games.

@momo_amp_medo said in [There is a God](/post/1253022) said:

Gee you can make nothing into something.

yea, think the guy was just caught up in the moment. Did people think he would say anything about his career just after winning the GF lol?

I did find hand gestures a bit cringe though.

I’m a great cook because of that

@tigerbalm said in [There is a God](/post/1253024) said:

yea, think the guy was just caught up in the moment. Did people think he would say anything about his career just after winning the GF lol?

American culture has slowly crept into Aussie sports. It’s very cringy

@GNR4LIFE said in [There is a God](/post/1253029) said:
@tigerbalm said in [There is a God](/post/1253024) said:

American culture has slowly crept into Aussie sports. It’s very cringy

Definitely, the way the panthers have been carrying on this year.
The handshakes,the try celebrations all the social media and off field theatrics.
Very NFL player-ish

@momo_amp_medo said in [There is a God](/post/1253023) said:
Also thought what Smith said to the referee was exactly right. It will be worth the fine.
For too long have I watched these clowns give their little “favourites” a leg up in games.

The refs helped the Storm out in the 1st half with some dubious calls. Then did the same to Penrith in the 2nd. It evened out. Pathetic refereeing all-round.

@happy_tiger said in [There is a God](/post/1253012) said:
might be a God ..but he still looks down on us and laughs

I'd like to know who was the one in our history that killed an albatross - we're being made to pay again and again and again.

Back